bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hellbound The Movie  (Read 16097 times)

acomplishedartis

Re: Hellbound The Movie
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2013, 01:19:45 AM »

If we say that all the human race are our brothers, we would lose the difference between ''the many called'', the ''few chosen'' and ''the ones who are not even called (unbelievers)''. I can also understand when somebody says that 'EVERY ONE is our brother'-metaforically; it make sense because God is the creator and we all are part of His creation and because eventually we will be ALL brothers and sisters. However, for the moment, I don't believe that Paul would call some random pagan person a brother.

I am persuaded to believe that most Christian with whatever degree of carnality are my brothers and sisters, even so if they preach Jesus by PRENTENCE (as Dennis quoted it).

''From what we have read, we can clearly see that the Corinthian Church was a congregation of "carnal BELIEVERS." Of course, you can be a believer and yet be carnal. Listen, the entire two billion member Christian congregation around the world ARE BELIEVERS. That is they believe that Jesus is the promised Messiah and Christ, and that there is salvation in Him. That is what makes them believers. From there they fall into all kinds of categories and doctrinal differences, but nonetheless, they are believers regardless of how many of them are "yet carnal."

I believe that the key phrase in all this is to not become "unequally" yoked. Now Paul said with unbelievers, which makes it obviously the wrong thing to do. First you would be "yoked unequally" and to make it worse, to an "unbeliever." Now Paul tells us that this admonition came from him personally under God's inspiration certainly, nonetheless he adds: But to the rest speak I, not the Lord" (I Cor. 7:12).

And so I will take a little liberty myself and suggest that when it comes to marriage (remember Paul is not specifically speaking of marriage here), and say that we should neither become unequally yoked together with BELIEVERS. In other words, we should not become unequally yoked with another, but especially Unbelievers.

The word translated "unbelievers" is apistos and it means "without [Christian] faith, a heathen, incredible, faithless, infidel, unbeliever." It is the same word translated "infidel" in verse 15, although infidel usually signifies something a little stronger than just lacking faith.

We do not need to totally avoid unbelievers, but we are not to become unequally "yoked" to them either. Paul permitted a certain amount of socializing with unbelievers:

1Co 10:27 If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake.

Probably most of us have some relative in our family that is not a believer, but with whom we could have certain social intercourse with.

For sure Paul is not forbidding interaction with "The many called and the few chosen." However, even there, we should not become unequally YOKED with them, or how can we say we came out of her as God's people (Rev. 18:4).''

Excerpt ''UNEQUALLY YOKED'' by L.Ray Smith

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2013, 02:26:16 AM »

If mankind is the KINDred of God, then in that sense all people are my brothers and sisters.  Since only One is yet 'born again' in resurrection, I have no earthly brothers or sisters in that sense.  Some of my 'brothers' are also my enemies, but I know what to 'do' with them.  I have 'brothers' in the gospel, and 'others' in "another gospel".  I'm not to treat them equally when it comes to my own life and mind. 

Having a 'brother' is a relationship, and that relationship takes on many different 'flavors' depending on the people IN it, including me.  If I'm going to be a disciple, I have to have the wisdom to know how to live in the relationship with all my 'brothers and sisters', each according to the state of the relationship.

Ray's LOVE lesson is very applicable here.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3719.0.html 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2013, 10:13:14 AM »

Ray's LOVE lesson is very applicable here.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3719.0.html

Here is an excerpt from that lesson:

For the whole world, we have to have this agapao love. But no where does God say we have to phileo them, or love them with affection, like a brotherly love, where we would hug them or give them a kiss.

Jesus said you should not call a brother fool, did Jesus Christ ever call anyone a fool, another contradiction, right?

Mat 5:22  …but whoever shall say to his brother, Fool! shall be liable to hell fire (judgment).

But wait I thought the Lord called the Pharisees fools, twice in chapter 22. Well, they weren’t His brothers. How do we know they weren‘t His brothers? Because He was condemning them, because of their sins. But are they still His brothers? No.

Remember the occasion, where they said, your mother is looking for you, Lord?

Mat 12:46  While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.
v. 47  Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
v. 48  But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
v. 49  And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
v. 50  For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

He said, who is My mother, and who’s My brother, who so ever does the will of My Father, that’s My mother and that’s My brother.

Did the Pharisees do the will of His Father?  No.
Were they His brother?  No.
When He called them a fool, did He sin?  No.

Yes, one day we all will be spiritually like-minded, and therefore true brethren, but right now, that is not the case.   Jesus is doing a separation work.  He is calling out a chosen few who are becoming his "spiritual" brothers now.  If you are blessed to be one of them, you will understand and be humbled by this reality.   These "spiritual brethren" of Christ are being prepared for a mighty job and the whole world will benefit from this mighty work and then we all will be "One" with God. 8)

René 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 10:22:25 AM by Rene »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.