bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hellbound The Movie  (Read 16090 times)

chav

Hellbound The Movie
« on: September 01, 2012, 08:06:43 AM »

New movie about the doctrine of eternal torment being released in the US this month.

http://www.hellboundthemovie.com/

An early review

http://www.religiondispatches.org/archive/culture/6326/hell_is_%28for%29_other_people

It's being shown in several cities in the US and Canada so some of you might be able to get to see it.

Dave

se7en

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Hellbound The Movie
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 03:27:48 PM »

Did anyone eventually get to see this?

I just saw the website, I think they will have a download ready by next month. Was wondering if any BT members have seen it yet and have an opinion? The review article Dave posted is interesting.

I'll have to watch it when it goes on the website for download.
~Se7en

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 05:13:35 PM »

I'd like to see it - Thanks for the post

cjwood

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 01:42:52 AM »

i agree the review article dave posted is interesting.  would enjoy watching the movie just to see what all is said regarding eternal punishment and the different mindsets.

claudia

acomplishedartis

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 04:07:06 AM »

New movie about the doctrine of eternal torment being released in the US this month.

http://www.hellboundthemovie.com/

An early review

http://www.religiondispatches.org/archive/culture/6326/hell_is_%28for%29_other_people

It's being shown in several cities in the US and Canada so some of you might be able to get to see it.

Dave

would like to watch it online :)

onelovedread

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 01:18:08 PM »

Dennis if you see it you'll go to hell.

chav

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 02:43:15 PM »

Hi
I think they will be releasing the film as a DVD next month.

Dave

Patric

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 02:14:38 PM »

Saw the movie.....was curious that even those whom had some Spiritual concepts of truth lacked using scriptures to back their 'truth' while it gives many ideas and it really seems that many are having their eyes opened beyond their own understanding. The good news is there is no bad news lol.....The Gospel.....for I am convinced by the scriptures that give harmony to all the others as Ray so easily pointed out to me since by that foolishness it was supposed to happen that it sunk into my spirit by the Father's Spirit. Amen.

7 SPIRITUAL KEYS TO UNLOCK SCRIPTURE - L. Ray Smith
"Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural (physical); and afterward that which is SPIRITUAL" (1 Cor. 15:45)

"Now ALL these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for OUR ADMONITION (to reprove, caution, warn, remind of obligation or duty) upon whom the ends of the world are come" (1 Cor. 10:11)

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of an private interpretation (Gk: 'is becoming it's OWN explanation')" (2 Pet. 1:20)

"The words that I speak unto you, they ARE SPIRIT, and they are life" (John 6:63)

"In the mouth of TWO OR THREE WITNESSES shall every word be established" (2 Cor. 13:1 & Rev.11:3)

"...comparing (or: 'matching') SPIRITUAL things with SPIRITUAL" (1 Cor. 2:13)

"Thou art righteous, O Lord, which ARE and WAS and SHALL BE" (Rev. 16:5, also Rev. 4:8 & 11:17)

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2013, 01:54:37 AM »

Yes, my BT hubby bought it and we watched it tonight. Very good documentary!
Elaine

se7en

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 01:16:49 PM »

Looking forward to watching this. We have amazon instant download we watch from time to time. May have to get it through that means.
~Se7en

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2013, 05:50:53 PM »

Just finished watching, I thought that was a very good documentary!
I found it interesting that guys like Rob Bell and the two universalist had the same questions that I believe most of us had wrestled against when dealing with hell. I recommend sharing with anyone who questions hells purpose or existence.
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

se7en

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 01:07:00 PM »

This may be good for my dad. He doesn't like to read much, So how about showing Him a movie?

Good idea Antaiwan

I contacted/emailed the maker of the documentary and asked if it was ever going to be released on redbox. He said there are no plans right now (to release to redbox) but it is definitely a possibility in the future. I'm going to have to probably buy it off of Amazon since redbox will take too long!

~Se7en

Pierdut

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 08:14:10 PM »

The preview alone told me all I needed to know. Will not watch this.

indianabob

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 10:18:42 PM »

Hi Perduit and folks,
Not taking sides here (I support data on the BT forum) but I do find it curious that most "religious" folks are not willing to examine the other side of any issues.
For example almost every site that mentions Universalism uses data from an established [creed] rather than asking plain questions and discussing the details. e.g. I'm either a Calvinist or an Arminian, no reasonable half way point or partial answer is to be considered or examined with scripture.

Regarding "hell" and everyone having to face judgment in the court of God's perfect light. We instead insist that if a sinner does not go to hell, then that sinner is getting a FREE pass or a second chance. Refusing to recognize that most never had their first "chance" or first calling into God's light in order to be taught righteousness.
They often say that the person or group in question is so evil that they cannot believe that God would allow them into heaven when they deserve punishment etc.
Of course this misunderstanding is partly due to their believing that every person goes directly to either hell or heaven at death.
My point then is that this movie, as interesting as it may be to those who can view it without being unduly influenced to accept it's teachings if any, is not going to be of any help in converting or providing grace to those who do view it unless and until God calls them and draws them into His family. It is just an interesting pastime and perhaps helpful in demonstrating how blind and deaf all of us are and were until the miracle of God's dragging us into His family.

Personally I would not recommend/share it unless I first viewed it and even then only to a very restricted audience.
Indiana Bob

Pierdut

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 11:12:41 PM »

I've examined the other side of the "hell" issue; not only from my church days but also in my mind many times and whilst arguing with Christians about it. So it's got nothing to do with refusing to examine the other side of any issue. Had they kept it strictly about "hell" I might have considered it. But they had to get political, and I wont waste my time with falsehoods and myths and get annoyed in the process to boot. "Hell" isn't the only hoax out there.

indianabob

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2013, 03:00:37 AM »

Perduit,
Point of clarification.
I didn't mean that you weren't willing to check all sides of an issue.
I was referring to folks who still believe that a person goes to heaven or hell, one or the other at death. Isn't that what is taught by many denomination?
I assume that we on the forum are better informed.
Thanks for understanding

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2013, 05:22:41 AM »

A quote from one of the trailers:  "It's rather amazing to me that more people are not saying 'This can't be right.'"

Reminded me of something Dennis said quite a while back that I've never forgotten and was thinking about just today.

Forgive me if I'm getting it wrong, boss...but as I remember it you said "The 'miracle' isn't that so few can see.  The miracle is that so many can't."
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Pierdut

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 04:43:16 PM »

Perduit,
Point of clarification.
I didn't mean that you weren't willing to check all sides of an issue.
I was referring to folks who still believe that a person goes to heaven or hell, one or the other at death. Isn't that what is taught by many denomination?
I assume that we on the forum are better informed.
Thanks for understanding

Hi Bob, I guess I misinterpreted your post then... it's one of the drawbacks of text-based communication. Oh well, no harm no foul then.

I've examined so many sides of so many issues - and as Ray said; the more you study a thing, the more you scrutinize it the more obvious it becomes whether it's true or not. And such is te case with the "hell" thing. The more I looked into it and with an opened unbiased mind, the more I realized that it's not true - a Christian hoax to scare the weak- minded people into converting to their man-made religion so that they can then scam you for your tithe money. That's it, that's all it is - that's what keeps Christianity running. And it's also the reason they twist Scripture to fit with their nonsense, because things like Jesus' own words that no man can come to Him unless The Father drags you to Him - at which point you have no choice but to come because God's dragging is stronger than your resistence (who do you suppose will win that tug of war? Mortal man or God?). God is perfectly capable of bringing about the circumstances in your life which will cause you to have no other choice but to get down on your knees and pray. God made you and He can so easily break you. If I Would have had 'free will' then God would not have been able to interfere because that would then violate my Christian-given 'right' of ' free moral agency' and 'free will.' But God did interfere in my life - I believe this wholeheartedly, and if He hadn't I wouldn't be here. Funny Thing is Christians still insist I have a 'free will' even with Devine Intervention. Me thinks they need a Divine Intervention in their lives so that they might begin using their God-given brains.

indianabob

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 12:47:36 PM »

Perduit,
Thanks again for your kind reply. We on the forum certainly do have an extra concern for clarity since most others have greatly differing backgrounds of culture and education. By education I mean types of education rather than not having sufficient education.

Just one more opinion about those who are at this time blinded by God's will.
Quite a few I am sure are not "weak minded", in fact many are very intelligent and well educated in the ways of this world and even in scripture. Also in my personal experience many of the seminary educated pastors use the "hell" approach to leading or guiding their flock with a clear conscience as if they themselves believed it. Hey it works! The money is rolling in!

Some of my long term friends hold the view that it is necessary to have some type of threat expressed in their teaching in order to encourage people to attend and support the "work of God". One of my very respected friends from a church I attended for a few years told me that they had tried the "God is love" approach and it seldom worked to keep the people interested. Imagine that; teaching that God is love just leads to ambivalence in the minds of most people so that they see no need to fellowship with God according to God's will. He's a good master and will not burn us in fire. That is just for evil people and I'm good in my own sight.
Deceived persons by definition do not know that they are deceived.

Hope this helps to clarify my background a little.
Thanks for your interest. "older than dirt" Indiana Bob

Pierdut

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 09:20:16 PM »

Hi Bob,

Of course the 'God is love' approach doesn't work because the carnal mind [the natural mind of man] is enmity against God, and is not subject to His laws, and neither indeed is it able to [be subject]. So Christian ministers have to avoid that Scripture and contradict it by preaching that man can indeed, of his own "free will" can at any time, with his carnal mind that hates God choose to love God and come to Christ and repent. Now, this isn't even a matter of faulty translations as is the case the non-scriptural words like "hell" and "eternal" or "forever and ever" etc. So unless they never read their Bibles [at which point they would still be quite weak-minded and gullible for having blind faith in their pastor or whatever] they are quite weak-minded if they can't pick up on contradictions. Weak-minded in that area at least. 

So unless God drags you to Christ, you will not be able to come. Why? Because the natural mind of man hates God, hates His laws and it cannot of its own "free will" make God a liar by freely choosing of its own "free will"  to start loving God and His laws and subject itself to those laws. It is God which works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure. Do Christians believe that?  NO! They most certainly do not. They believe you have "free moral agency" and can just as easily choose to do good as you choose to do evil, or bad, sinful things - like lusting after a beautiful woman - choosing to do good and please God is automatic. I speak as a fool.

So because Christian ministers Despise The Word of God they created this "hell" nonsense in order to scare people with carnal minds into coming to Christ and fake-loving Him in order to escape the unfathomable horror of neverending torture and suffering and pain and misery that awaits them if they don't "FREELY [emphasis mine] come to Christ."
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 10:08:01 PM by Pierdut »
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 24 queries.