bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hellbound The Movie  (Read 16088 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Hellbound The Movie
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2013, 11:35:18 PM »

If you watch the second half of this video (in my favorites on Vevo) you will see a good imitation of being happy and loving God. Except I don't think these people are pretending.

http://www.vevo.com/watch/bill-gloria-gaither/he-touched-me-live/US3271000103

I've said this before and I doubt many understand. In some ways I envy the ignorance of some Christians.

indianabob

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2013, 02:51:35 AM »

Me too Dennis,
True understanding, when it comes to all, will be such a blessing.
It is so true that God will wipe away ALL tears from EVERY eye. All in God's good time.

Thanks for sharing the thoughts. Indiana Bob

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2013, 09:06:18 PM »

I've said this before and I doubt many understand. In some ways I envy the ignorance of some Christians.

Not me.  I feel incredible joy and freedom in knowing these marvelous truths.  There is no real freedom in "blissful ignorance" and I am elated to no longer be there. 8)

René

indianabob

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2013, 09:36:24 PM »

Hi Rene,

I see your point and have thought about it too.

However, in the case of my own family, ignorance is better than frustration of trying to live with someone like me IF they are [I was] preaching all the time and are not convincing because the hearer does not have ears to hear or eyes to see.
Our friends and beloved family will be just as happy and pleased to be called as we now are, IN the future when God gives them faith.

What is better, to be an ignorant and happy, productive person contributing to friends and family or frustrated and hating God's Bible every day for His being so demanding and confusing?

I have known quite a few people who only love God because they are accepted into the local church and have come to believe that they are special and without any REAL or SERIOUS sins, just as they are taught.
Of course they think that God is going to torture folks outside their own group, or just burn them up in a few seconds, but they are also taught myths that seem to protect them from God's wrath. They live in a fairy tale world.

WE are so blessed to have answers to our questions that satisfy and build trust/faith.
But humans need to either be given faith OR to be given blindness until the time is right.

Just my view and thanks for your consideration.
Love and hugs, Indiana Bob

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2013, 10:01:03 PM »

It was nice to be surrounded by 100+ people at a gathering of like minds every week.

But we pay now, they pay later.

Heb 11:35  ... and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

Rev 20:6  Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

ez2u

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2013, 11:00:10 AM »

New age movement preaches a no hell story.  that your mind is your problem  and the way to solve that problem is to stop the mind noise and are world will be a better place.  If we put a space between our mind and be still our world will change.  there is a lot of problems with this thinking very damnable.  It is  2Ti_3:5  Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2013, 12:15:32 PM »

Ignorance is bliss, and I too envy the ignorance of christians sometime, my family being one. They use the scripture as a how to guide, pray, pay, stay, and no worries.

If you do anything to upset the applecart then the fur rises, so I just keep quiet. We could all learn to be a little more like them in the good way.  We know God has a perfect plan, we should rejoice in this and not worry...be happy. :D

Honestly, we don't even begin to have all the answers but we should know God is working out a perfect plan and we will all be one with Him someday...talk about good news. :)

Craig

se7en

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2013, 02:56:07 PM »

Have you guys ever seen the movie "The Matrix"?

Where Cypher is talking to one of "The Smiths"....

"I tell you what... I know this steak that I am eating is not real... The Matrix is telling my brain that this steak is juicy and delicious."

*takes an enjoyable bite of steak*

"But ignorance is bliss".

I know exactly what you mean Dennis, I have felt at sometimes I envied those that don't know the truth, because it's dang hard to come out of babylon. But now, when I think about that situation I don't envy them so much anymore, instead... I have such a love and compassion for them because they will eventually go through what I've gone through.  The Matrix will be unplugged for them soon enough and they will face the reality of the Truth. And we will be there to help them along... I'm so thankful that God has called and chosen us to go through it now. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Even if God was to wipe my mind and stick me back in "The Matrix" (this fake world). I would still go through that life knowing there was something more, something missing.   It's in all of us... That God given DESIRE to seek Truth above anything else!

Something is amiss my friends... The world is not right... What is the Matrix? Things don't add up. That is the very same types of questions I asked God before he CRUSHED me to powder.  I had NO IDEA what He was about to do in my life.

Yeah.... The Matrix is probably my most favorite movie of all time.
~Se7en

theophilus

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2013, 11:48:28 PM »

If you watch the second half of this video (in my favorites on Vevo) you will see a good imitation of being happy and loving God. Except I don't think these people are pretending.

If I understand you at all, you mean you envy their BLINDNESS. Maybe I don't understand you either. :)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2013, 09:27:51 AM »

If I understand you at all, you mean you envy their BLINDNESS. Maybe I don't understand you either. :)

Certainly not their blindness. Their ability to be out of touch with reality and not have to think and put very little effort into their spiritual life.

They just go to church and are told what to think (sit there and absorb), sing some emotional songs and go home feeling good, convinced they are on the right track. Then do it all over again next Sunday.

I get PM's and emails all the time from people on this forum (and you see many posts) who cannot overcome and feel guilty. I point out this is what we call repentance and part of what it takes to be in the first resurrection.

Church people do not go through this. All they have to do is write a check and the're all set.

Patric

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2013, 10:08:09 PM »

I certainly put much focus into my spiritual life, however I used to think there was not a religious bone in my body, but it turns out I was just really bad at religion. I have issues with leadership over what seemed to simple issues, and was told I was devisive and asked to leave at one point and at times did not want to come. Ultimately it was the relationships that would keep me coming. I agreed with very little of what was being done, but my house had not totally fallen at that point still.

I thought about how I was not repenting or changing and maybe I was just evil. I believed I could do this! Or that I was just bad and it was my choice so most just let me go and at the end I do not think many missed me. I have a few friends still that attend this congregation and or have left there but by and large my seeing is not accepted by anyone I know. I am not surprised but I still like a fool preach and tell what is revealed to me. Most of this I am convinced is for my own hearing. But I can't shut up about it, as this just pours out of me, and none of it is my own understanding. Although I often find myself saying things Ray would or write about. Alas I find myself saying what the scriptures really say, and using two or three witness' with absolute harmony in something I was bad at before flows and the Spirit still convicts me of guilt. I know God is working to mold me into his image of Christ. Amen

acomplishedartis

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2013, 06:43:43 AM »

Are averange Christians really our brothers? Like the ones that are spiritual babes, and carnal still, But still our brothers? They supposedly believe on the true God of the Scriptures, and thanks to them we can say that we are coming out of her (the church system).

On the other side, they worship a very bizarre image of God, or mostly they worship themselves (with their actions). They really believe to be more powerful than God in many aspects of their life's, after all, they chose Him freely; it was up to them and they are making it...

I am not sure if I would call them brothers. What do you guys about this?

Also, If someone very caranal who is interested in becoming a christian would ask me about the bible and God and church, I am not sure if I would recommend him to go to church first, but probably I would, so he can learn some stuff, loose his first love, see the beast reflected on the mirror and then, if God's will; be able to ''come out of her''.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 06:51:11 AM by Moises G. »

acomplishedartis

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2013, 06:49:36 AM »

ps. Even so that ''with more knowledge, there is more sorrow'' Personally I find MY life more exiting and interesting than the boring happy life of an averange christian (with money). Well, this is what I say now, who knows what will be my take on this in a couple decades. What I know is that with more knowledge there is also more capacity for appreciation in general. But I get the point: 'ignorance is bliss' and it's true that they often look so happy on the outside.

Craig

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2013, 08:34:40 AM »

I am not sure if I would call them brothers. What do you guys about this?

Yes I call them brothers, I call the whole human race my brothers.  God is perfecting them the same as us, we are all His children.  It is true that we can choose our friends but we can't choose our family though. They may be blind, we might not like what they do, they may be prodigal, etc. But we better not turn our backs on them.

Craig

se7en

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2013, 02:22:22 PM »

Well said Craig!

Moises, something that really helped me see "them" as my brothers is look at Joseph and his brothers... what a perfect example of the "church" (the brothers) killing God's elect/Joseph/Christ. They were Joseph's very own brothers. Humankind has one father whether they believe it or not.

It doesn't take someone going "into the church" in order to "come out of the church". Being in "the world" (which really is the church) has enough false doctrine and blasphemy as those in the actual denominational christian world. It's going from carnal fleshy thinking (lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and pride of life) to Christ's mindset!  All will eventually experience this.

Buddists, New agers, Satanists, agnostics, etc.... They are all our brothers and just as carnal thinking as babes in Christ who do not press on into maturity.

Joseph's brothers were tormented until the old man (their father) died. They thought Joseph was going to pay them back for what they did. They lived in torment because of what they believed. Until that old man, carnal way of thinking is put to death, they will live in torment. Joseph said "I'm going to save you" but his brothers DID NOT BELIEVE HIM!

The difference is in believing "Christ and Him cricified for me"... to "I die daily" and "am crucified WITH Christ". I no longer live, but it is Christ who lives in me. Truth lives in me.

God showing me Joseph and his brothers really helped me see that relationship between the elect and "the world".  I hope that helped!

~Se7en

Craig

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2013, 03:38:36 PM »

Hmm, interesting.  So you say we can do something that is not the will of the Father? I don't think so, plus in the verse quoted they tell Jesus that His earthly family wanted to speak to Him, he says anyone who does the will of the Father is His brother, that covers everyone because the Fathers will is always done.

We all fail to be as rightous as our Lord was, but nobody is against His will; unless of course you believe that man is free to do his own will; and I know you don't believe that.

So yes everyone is my brother, though as an unperfected child of God, I can say there are some I wish were not.

Craig

wat

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2013, 04:36:31 PM »

Craig, are you mixing up will and purpose?  Ray talked about the difference between them in Part A of his free will paper.

"To the question, "…who has resisted His will?" the answer is: EVERYONE! But when properly translated, to the question, "who has resisted His purpose?" the answer is: ABSOLUTELY NO ONE!

God has a will and God has a plan and purpose to reach that will. And no small part of reaching His desired will is to set men against His will, just as He did with Pharaoh. But no one has ever hindered God’s plan and purpose in reaching that goal and stated will. God’s will, will be done in His time."

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2013, 06:06:13 PM »

Rom 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Mar 10:18  And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Php 1:18  What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; ...

2Th 3:15  Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

"There but for the grace of God, go I" - Not a bible quote but true.

Kat

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2013, 10:02:26 PM »

Craig, in the verse JFK posted about who our brothers/brethren are "whoever does the will of My Father," we can see in Luke that Jesus actually goes a little further in that comment to say "these who hear the word of God and DO IT."

Luke 8:21  But He answered and said to them, "My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it."

Matt 7 show those that "he who does the will of My Father," are the only ones to enter the kingdom. That narrows who it is that do/obey the Father's will down considerably.

Mat 7:21  "Not everyone who says to Me, "Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
v. 22  Many will say to Me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
v. 23  And then I will declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

There is very much in doing/obeying the Father's will as Ray had much to say about in 'What is the Father's will?' http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3720.0.html 
Hebrews further explains it is those being prepared for salvation that are brothers or "brethren."

Heb 2:10  For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
v. 11  For both He who sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren,
v. 12  saying:
       "I will declare Your name to My brethren;
       In the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You."

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 11:55:55 PM by Kat »

Patric

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2013, 10:24:04 PM »

ahhh yes who is my neighbor? who is my brother? who is my mother and father and sister? Spiritual posts from all of you on this subject.....I often call the ones that no one claims the poor...the homeless....the sick...the orphans and widows....the imprisoned....the mental ill....the weak....the ugly....the forgotten, the ones no one will associate with my friends and family.....I seek the humble the meek....these our Father seeks for he has does and will continue to do so for his Kingdom. The first shall be last, and the last will be first. I am willing to put myself in the lives of the like far and above the things of the flesh. I will boast all the more of my weakness' so that the power of Christ may rest on me. Thy will be done. I really enjoy reading all the input my family has shared on this topic. I am sure there is more to come....the Spirit will glorify the Father in our hearts will be made into his image. This we know to be the great parable and the truth we shall all be changed.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 10:37:06 PM by Patric »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 24 queries.