bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Most Accurate Translation of the Bible  (Read 6111 times)

cobssybil

Most Accurate Translation of the Bible
« on: September 03, 2012, 11:59:03 AM »

Hello,
I would like to know the most accurate translation of the Bible that I should study.  For example, Luke 23:43 is a verse that is translated incorrectly.  This is a verse that brought me to Mr. Smith's website as I was looking for the truth of the verse, and it is here that I found the answer to my question.  Thanks for you help,
Sybil

Gina

Re: Most Accurate Translation of the Bible
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 01:00:41 PM »

Hey Sybil,

This recent email from Ray talks about that very thing.  Hopefully, it will be of help to you too. 

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,14489.msg128192.html#msg128192

Here's an excerpt:
There are no perfect translations,
but there are some good ones. One of the easiest to find in any good Bible
Book Store is, THE EMPHASIZED BIBLE  By Rotherham.  We have got
to get out of our heads the idea of eternal torment, and eternal judgment,
and eternal damnation. You will not find a word of any such heresy in a
good Bible translation.  The Concordant Translation is another good one.

Nice to see a new face here. :-)

Gina

newgene87

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 01:20:21 PM »

The Interlinear hebrew/english greek/english Bible  is very literal, the wording is unique. Like Ray said, Rotherham and Concordant are good. Youngs literal translation is good. But as Ray covers, "Church heresy came long before Bible Translations" and ALL translators truly have their hand in handling vital words. Sheol, hades, hell, grave are words that are toyed around in scripture. And even rotherham messes up wording in many verses (ex. He puts Hades in the Old Testament...that's a Greek word smh). They are as accurate as we can get, but be VIGILANT. Keep a strongs concordance on hand, a words study tool and understand a words' usage. I PERSONALLY recommend reading Installment 16, just the first 2-3 papers on hell on the site. Ray opened my eyes to the "misleading" ways of translators, ALL translators. So be vigilant, diligent in your studies, oh and PRAY. Understanding comes God

Eugene

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 02:45:25 PM »

If the reader understand that scripture does not contradict, even Luke 23:43 can be understood regardless of the translation.  But in order to know if something appears to contradict, you have to know what is true.  And that takes both exposure to scripture, and faith to believe it.  It also took a sound teacher like Ray to lay a solid foundation of understanding.  Whatever I have, I didn't get on my own. 

Still, a good translation is the best entry point, no doubt.  Try that Emphasized bible from Rotherham and let us know how you are coming along with it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 02:49:02 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

cobssybil

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 06:13:40 PM »

Thank you very much for your replies.  I will do as you suggested.  Glad to be a member, Gina-soon I will get the hang of the forum. It took me 15 minutes to find out how to thank you all. I've read the Word for years,  but I've been hearing nonsense in church for years too.

newgene87

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 07:13:39 PM »

We've all been there. I think the hardest part is UNlearning and becoming UNdoctrinated to what you know

Mark 2:21-22
No man also sews a piece of new cloth on an old garment: else the new piece that filled it up taketh away from the old, and the rent is made worse. No one puts new wine into old wineskins; otherwise the wine will burst the skins, and the wine is lost and the skins [as well]; but [one puts] new wine into fresh wineskins.”

It takes time. God will give you the ears to hear - and the heart to believe. We'll be praying for your growth.

Eugene

cris.santiago

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 07:57:02 PM »

Hey Sybil,

Two translations I find the most helpful are:

1)Concordant Literal Translation
2)Youngs Literal Translation

I find that they are very accurate and helpful.  Neither teach eternal torment.  But remember no translation is completely accurate 100%.  But its good to use translations like these, along with a greek/hebrew dictionary like strong's. 

I second Brother Eugene, a greek/hebrew interpinear is a good translation.  They bring thr strongs numbers so its good for word study and really digging deep into what certain verses mean.  Also good for comparing verses!

Hope that helps!

God bless,
Cris

Gina

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 09:49:48 PM »

lol, Sybil, you should've seen me -- I'd post replies in the oddest of places.   

Yeah, I'm positive you'll get the hang of it--you appear to be doing just fine from my end.  :)

Zimmy

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 01:03:10 AM »

I have used at least a dozen translations over the years. Always searching for the "ONE" that comes closer to Gods true character (Love). The one that stuck for me is the Concordant Literal N.T.  I have read the thing to pieces. Duct tape and La Pages white glue hold it together.
Their only twenty bucks but I can't part with my old one, I love that bible, it has my thoughts and notes, as well as Cross-references in it, and the Keyword Concordance in the back is indispensable. I hear some say its a tuff read, not so. You might want to check one out.

the truth

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 02:22:18 PM »

Hello,cobssybil

As has already been stated welcome!I dont know if your aware of E-sword its a free download and then you have countless Translation at your fingertips as well as Greek and Hebrew word meanings.Awesome study tool!So just type in Esword and it should lead you to the download my friend.And ita all FREE!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.