bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: On aging - All is Vanity.  (Read 4091 times)

acomplishedartis

On aging - All is Vanity.
« on: August 24, 2012, 07:50:25 PM »

If a man begets a hundred children and lives for many years, So that the days of his years become a multitude, Yet his soul is not satisfied with good, And also there is no tomb for him, I say, A stillborn child is better off than he." For it comes in vanity, And in darkness it goes away, And in darkness its name is covered over."
Moreover, it neither saw the sun nor knew anything; Thus this had more rest than that man,
Even supposing he lived twice a thousand years and saw no good; Are not all going to the same place?
All of a man's toil is for his mouth, Yet even then the soul is never filled...This too is vanity and a grazing on wind.

Ec. 6:3-9

Since some years back I am not a 'birthday's person', I don't usually tell about my birthday date or make a deal about it (I live far from relatives). I don't judge people who does, that's just the way I have manage it since a few years ago. I actually think that the mothers are the one who should be congratulated on our birthdays.

Well, last week was the height, because last week I forgot about my own birthday until I received a call from my mother. It was kind of funny that I forgot about it. At night my best friend (who already knew) invited me to have dinner at a nice restaurant along with her girlfriend.

Ecclesiastes it's kind of a hard book to swallow, it's a little bit depressive, and one awesome book-(I am talking about whatever I can grasp from it); it's one of my favorites!
The verses that I just quoted on the begining had make me to ponder about ''the relativity of aging''. (just for the record, I am not a party pooper (neither much of a ''party person'')).

I have hear more than once that ''The fact that they (older people) have been on this earth longer than you have, extrictely means that they know more than you.'' and about ''all young people living not long enough to see enough of the world to have a descent comprehension of abstract concepts, good foresight and an understanding of human nature.''

''Even supposing he lived twice a thousand years and saw no good...This too is vanity and a grazing on wind.''

History and interesting stories can show us about kids with excessive wisdom, old mens with excessive stupidity, people older who looks a lot more younger and younger people who looks way more older.  I might be talking about exceptional cases, but oh well, the people who I am talking here right now is used to exceptional cases, since the truths that are taught in here are very exceptional.

As science keeps on working hard to be able to slow down the aging physical processes, we must work hard on trying to utilize well our time given by God on the things that we know to be of convenience- Anyhow, we can still relax, after all it's all up to God, including the velocity of our own spiritual grow. My two great examples are the young Timothy and the velocity with which God decided to change the apostle Paul.

My conclusion after all this typing is that what really matters more than these uncontrollable characteristics — such as age, ethnicity, and gender — is how much spiritual increase can we be able to handle, how much GOOD will we be able to see on this short life? We are all over the place in maturity, acting our intellectual age in some aspects, our actual age in others, and somewhere in between in other ways. Our human physical aging is so relative in deed.

And here is how Ray finished his 'Time and eternity'' speech: ''So anyway, will we step into eternity and will we be frozen like Han Solo in a perpetual nothingness?  Nope nope nope.  We will grow and expand forever.  How great do you think that will be?  Well how long do you suppose forever is?  I mean this is almost to marvelous to comprehend.''

How could we ever come to think that we are Big Spiritual Giants when we have SO MUCH grow to go still?...

Eph.4:23  And were to be getting young again in the spirit of your mind, !! This is not literal

Psalm 119:9 Whereby shall a youth purge his path? By keeping Your word.

Ec. 4:13  Better is a poor and wise youth than an old and foolish king, who hath not known to be warned any more.

Prov. 1:4  For giving to simple ones--prudence, To a youth--knowledge and discretion.

Psalm 90:4  For, a thousand years, in thine eyes, are , As yesterday, in that it passed away, Or as a watch in the night.
2Peter 3:8  But, this one thing, forget not, beloved,—that, one day, with the Lord, is as a thousand years, and, a thousand years, as one day.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 12:46:40 AM by Moises G. »

space.ace.jase

Re: On aging - All is Vanity.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 08:40:08 PM »

Thanks for sharing Moises, I enjoyed reading it

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 08:53:09 PM »

Remember what it says at the end of Ecclesiastes:

"The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person.
For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil."
  (NASB)

cjwood

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 02:13:38 AM »

thank you moises for posting.  important and timely message.

claudia

acomplishedartis

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 04:20:15 AM »

Jase and Claudia, thanks for the kind words.

John, thanks for the reminding.

My main point was that human physical aging is so relative in deed. Like when Jesus was a kid and the teachers of the law where amazed on him. If you think about it, it's kind of scary to think that a child could be able to have more wisdom than many adults.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 03:26:49 PM »

Jase and Claudia, thanks for the kind words.

John, thanks for the reminding.

My main point was that human physical aging is so relative in deed. Like when Jesus was a kid and the teachers of the law where amazed on him. If you think about it, it's kind of scary to think that a child could be able to have more wisdom than many adults.

Yeah, but Jesus wasn't the typical snotty-nosed, bratty kid.

As the scriptures say, He was the exact image or complement of God, in bodily form.  God's autobiography as Ray said.  No human had a chance against Him.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 03:29:22 PM by John from Kentucky »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.