bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Mars Landing Video  (Read 10725 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Mars Landing Video
« on: September 08, 2012, 10:19:41 PM »

Found this very interesting.
Amazing what man can do with God's gifts of intellect and hard work.
Wouldn't it be great if we could all just get along....

http://www.youtube.com/embed/XRCIzZHpFtY?rel=0

Gina

Re: Mars Landing Video
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 10:24:33 PM »

Yes, that is a fantastic video.  I received it myself this weekend from a friend and was thinking of posting it here too.  Glad you did.  :)

John9362

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 12:21:45 AM »

Stupid man wasting money, time, energy etc..etc..on stupidity !!

I personally would like to ask them:  How does this landing help children who are being raped and are starving to death ?

Man has got most of their priorities wrong. How much did this landing cost ? 4 bil or was it 8 bil OR does it really matter ?

$30.00 per month spent to sponsor a child is worth more than the mars landing !!

http://www.childfund.org.au/

Gina

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 01:47:21 AM »

Like I said, Bob, Glad you posted it (and not me). ;)

John, tell me what goes through your mind when you watch this video: 

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,14561.0.html

:)

Gina

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 01:14:00 PM »

I see John9362's point, and I have to admit I was thinking the EXACT same thing when I saw that video.... (sure the US can put men on the moon, etc., etc., but they can't, well, you know...)

Then I felt judgmental for thinking those things.  I can't blame the people who worked on that project and say that they're working to keep food out of the mouths of children or to keep them unsafe and hurt.  We can't compare the two.   We can't shame them.   We don't know what is in their hearts except for what we see here.  And I don't think the aforementioned little boys and girls would stand up and blame them either.

I also see JohnCris' (fka Onelovedread) point too. :) 

John9362

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 08:26:17 AM »

Hi Gina,

I watched your video, sorry it didn't do anything for me so I watched it again and it was the same the second time around, so sorry what ever point you were trying to make....It didn't work  :(

Gina, my statement was not directed at those individual men/woman responsible for the mars mission. I was talking of "man" not men.

I just wish/hope "man would get his act/priority right and ( I'm not going to start writing about it as this will not make it come true) ;)

I'll just do my best (by prayer & financially) and help as many of my hungry and sick little brothers and sisters from all around the world.

Gina

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 01:27:07 PM »

Hey John,

Just trying to lighten things up a bit.  Wasn't a deep message or anything. 

I think you're very kind for helping the less fortunate.  I like to do that too.

:)

Fester

• Yes a pancake!
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 08:00:28 PM »

Thanks,

That was a great video!  My passion for space flight goes back to my childhood days of watching the Apollo missions on the old black and white TV.  I always have and always will love it.  I am so tired of the arguments that "money could be better spent on starving children, or our troops, or the homeless, or animal rights, or _______ (whatever your cause may be)".  Just because there are other worthy endeavors out there doesn’t make any other particular one invalid.  Space exploration stimulates a great deal of innovation from technologies started out as NASA research projects: scratch-resistant lenses, longer-lasting tires, improved firefighting equipment, memory foam, freeze-dried food, solar panels, water purification systems, and so forth.  There’s a full database at spinoff.nasa.gov.  The long-term benefits of space exploration have the potential to help a lot more people and improve the world much more than any short-term investment in food and charity.  Sure, they’re not showy, but our lives are that much better for the benefits of so many accumulated technological discoveries.  We have benefited so much that overall our quality of life is better.  (As an added bonus, the better my life is, the easier it is for me to help others.)  What could be developed in the future: renewable sources of energy, efficient and dynamic fabrication technologies, high-density energy storage, and advanced food production methods?  The list is sort of endless as who really knows.  But maybe man should have never wasted his time or money, exploring and circling the globe, or discovering bacteria, or the atom, or the laws of electricity, cures for diseases, developing vaccines, or water purification systems.  Maybe I should just go out to the barn and hitch up the horse and buggy and take a trip into town.

Fester
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 01:53:40 AM by Fester »
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Fester

• Yes a pancake!
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 08:48:24 PM »

Yes he sure does.  There is much stupidity in the world with wasted money, time, and energy.  I see it everyday (and on the internet all the time).

Quote from: John9362
I personally would like to ask them:  How does this landing help children who are being raped and are starving to death?

Well I can help answer that as nobody from NASA has chimed in.  It does not.  I personally would like to ask you: How does your money spent accessing the internet to post on forums directly help children who are being raped and are starving to death?

Man has got most of their priorities wrong. How much did this landing cost ? 4 bil or was it 8 bil OR does it really matter?

This mission was about $2.5 Billion.  The USA spends over $6.0 Billion a year on potato chips!
Do you ever buy chips?  Are your financial priorities set well?  How much is your monthly internet access fee?  OR does it really matter?

$30.00 per month spent to sponsor a child is worth more than the mars landing !!

How much of the $30.00 directly benefits the child?  What amount gets diverted to administration?
Your monthly internet access fee must cost more than a bag of rice.

Fester 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 01:56:13 AM by Fester »
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Patric

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 09:10:48 PM »

Christ told us....we will always have the poor among us.....and there will be money wasted as well as food that never reaches those that are in need and hungry.....I even read that the Governments now consider that 2billion+ live on 2 dollars of value each day.....they consider 90% of the population useless eaters....with no power....money....skills or talents that will help the NWO to thrive......I myself can not drive or walk by a homeless person that has a sign or is bold enough to ask for my help......often times I have no cash on me....and I feel guilty that I live like a King and have all my needs meet while someone can have less or nothing.....its at those moments I am embarrassed to be human.....yet when I do give or have something to share.....I give......once even a 20 dollar bill the very day I filed bankruptcy even! I say this to boast in Christ for I saw that my needs were still being met and I 20 dollars on me that I had no plans for and gave to a homeless man.....later that day I gave a ton of clothes and coats....boots and shoes I no longer wore or fit me.....It felt good.....and I was meeting needs....yet I was no position to be sharing or blessing others.....its those times I actually find myself more willing and able to give.....my greed is non existent when I myself have change or only a few dollars to my name....I don't have Life insurance.....medical/dental insurance.....and only have Car insurance since its the law....I know the world does not care about the poor....and governments would rather looks good helping another nation over their own poor and failed health care systems.....the USA is at the top of this list....we spend money on guns....bombs...space....drug enforcement.....and we don't even have the money to do it!!! ha ha ha ha the GNP is all smoke and mirrors.....there is no money....there is no gold to back it up.....Fort Knox does not have the gold to back up our spending.....and our empire is gonna crash soon.....does not matter who takes over or what currency system takes over...the entire world is broke and owes.....the idea to remove 90% of humanity and start over....makes financial sense.....and there will be enough food and resources for all those with skills and talents or power and money to do well.....the 'useless eaters' those of us over 44 and or poor weak or no skills and talents the meek....shall inherit the earth.....according to our God.....AMEN
Just my 2 cents

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 11:53:59 PM »

Everything has been going to hell since I was 8-years-old.  For a time, I thought it was my fault.  It didn't help that my grandmother introduced me to the "prophetic" writings of Bob Jones before I hit 13.  Why she thought I needed to know about macro-economics at that age, I'll never know.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 02:16:33 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Fester

• Yes a pancake!
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 05:13:41 PM »

Everything has been going to hell since I was 8-years-old.  For a time, I thought it was my fault.  It didn't help that my grandmother introduced me to the "prophetic" writings of Bob Jones before I hit 13.  Why she thought I needed to know about macro-economics at that age, I'll never know.

And your point is relevant to the topic, "Mars Landing Video", how?
Sorry, but whatever the point is you are trying to make on the topic went way over my head.
You lost me here brother.

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 05:30:15 PM »

It looked to me like he was replying to Patric.

Fester

• Yes a pancake!
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 06:06:51 PM »

It looked to me like he was replying to Patric.

Craig, your assistance is appreciated.  I missed linking the two together.  This thread is going way too off topic for me.  So I am out of here.  Thanks!

G. Driggs

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2012, 07:13:15 PM »

Wouldn't it be great if we could all just get along....

Someday dear bro, someday  ;)

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 08:00:01 PM »

Sorry Fester.  Sometimes that happens.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

microlink

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 01:08:13 PM »

Yes, very interesting. I found the man-made graphics very well done, but not sure how true to the real thing it is. I agree with some other comments on mans great inginuity to do science and technology, but cannot solve the the real problems plaging this sin sick world.

chav

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 02:01:58 PM »

well! I enjoyed it a lot thanks for posting it.If anything I wish more money was spent on science rather than it being used to bail out banks or maintaining an oil dependent economy.
Dave

John9362

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 12:06:21 AM »

Quote from: John9362 on September 08, 2012, 10:21:45 PM

Yes he sure does.  There is much stupidity in the world with wasted money, time, and energy.  I see it everyday (and on the internet all the time).

I personally would like to ask them:  How does this landing help children who are being raped and are starving to death?

Well I can help answer that as nobody from NASA has chimed in. It does not.  I personally would like to ask you: How does your money spent accessing the internet to post on forums directly help children who are being raped and are starving to death? I only post on one forum, this one, no other. The company I own pays for the access to the internet, I don't know how much it actually is but I do believe it's under 2.5 billion. I hope by posting, a few other people might sponsor a kid or two.
Man has got most of their priorities wrong. How much did this landing cost ? 4 bil or was it 8 bil OR does it really matter?

This mission was about $2.5 Billion.  The USA spends over $6.0 Billion a year on potato chips!
Do you ever buy chips? Yes, but not in the USA.  Are your financial priorities set well?  Absolutelly How much is your monthly internet access fee?  OR does it really matter? I don't know and it doesn't matter, still under 2.5 billion 

How much of the $30.00 directly benefits the child?  $28.00 What amount gets diverted to administration? $2.00Your monthly internet access fee must cost more than a bag of rice. Depends on the size of the bag.
Fester 

Fester, I hope you appreciate me answering your questions, as without that internett access it wouldn't have been possible.

** So are you going to stop buying chips & sponsor a kid or two ?? :)

acomplishedartis

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 05:44:10 AM »

well! I enjoyed it a lot thanks for posting it.If anything I wish more money was spent on science rather than it being used to bail out banks or maintaining an oil dependent economy.
Dave

I agree with dave. I can also be able to think about Many other ways of spending big ammounts of money that are way less beneficial, like for example 'big budget ($300,000,000dollars) movies'

Someone on this tread mentioned:
''I just wish/hope "man would get his act/priority right and ( I'm not going to start writing about it as this will not make it come true)''

And someday that will happen... not in this life but it will happen... That is the HOPE we have. For the moment I no longer wish for things to be any diferent (you can't really expect that much of totally carnal-minded humans), I guess right now we are spooned to overcome the world, not to try to change it. God can change it whenever he wants, and it seems that He have decided to change a 'few' ones first while using the rest for that purpose.

If we do good, we are not suposed to take the creditfor it. Imagine all the people that do great good and nobody really knows about it. If their intentions are good, their recompenses are waiting for them, but later on.

Even if somehow man would figure out to make everybody physically rich. The poors would still among us. Most of the world is spiritually starving. We don't really need new reforms or man made rules for our lives to be better, what we need' is a totally new heart. We know that. But I guess it is good to bring it to mind when talking about this big complicated subjects.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.