bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Two Witnesses  (Read 5058 times)

virginiabm

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
The Two Witnesses
« on: September 13, 2012, 10:50:40 AM »

Hi everyone,

Did Ray ever do an article about The two Witnesses? I am studying Rev. 11 and I know it is spiritual somehow, but I'm not quiet getting it yet.

Could someone direct me where I need to go to get a better understanding of this chapter?

I believe it is about the O.T and the N.T. (?)

As I am thinking about this, my ref. part of my bible sent me to Zach.3 about Joshua the High Priest and I know this is talking about Jesus. So could Rev. 11 be talking about Jesus and His Chosen as the two witnesses? The Two olive Trees?

I'm speaking as I'm thinking.

Any impute would be great on my quest for seeking more about our Saviour and our relationship with Him.

Thank you all

Virginia

John from Kentucky

Re: The Two Witnesses
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 04:43:08 PM »

Hi everyone,

Did Ray ever do an article about The two Witnesses? I am studying Rev. 11 and I know it is spiritual somehow, but I'm not quiet getting it yet.

Could someone direct me where I need to go to get a better understanding of this chapter?

I believe it is about the O.T and the N.T. (?)

As I am thinking about this, my ref. part of my bible sent me to Zach.3 about Joshua the High Priest and I know this is talking about Jesus. So could Rev. 11 be talking about Jesus and His Chosen as the two witnesses? The Two olive Trees?

I'm speaking as I'm thinking.

Any impute would be great on my quest for seeking more about our Saviour and our relationship with Him.

Thank you all

Virginia

http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm   Read Truth # 6 and see what you think.

peter

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 10:18:29 AM »

Ray did speak on the two witnesses, he noted it is the old and new testaments if I remember correctly.... but is it not the Lord himself as the WORD and as LIFE GIVING SPIRIT. Remember the comforter would witness to them of all things He had said. Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, we could say He is the Alphabet that gives us the Word in both the testaments old and new, but equally as a life giving spirit, the comforter He gives life to the Word in all those that are His. They remembered all He had said through the spirit given to them. Remember that the letter of the word is death, the letter is the Law but life came and comes by Jesus ONLY. The Holy spirit/Comforter is one witness in the Word which is the second witness given life through the Spirit. The two are one witness... Jesus in His fulness is the two witnesses? 

virginiabm

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 11:26:35 AM »

Thanks JFK I did read that and thank you Peter. i did believe at one time in my religion that the two witnesses were going to be John from the New and Elijah from the Old because of the calling fire from heaven, but I understand now that fire from heaven is the Holy Spirit, I  hope I'm right on that, if not correct me please! I can see that the old and the New are the two witnesses, because both testify of Jesus and I can see where it is Jesus, because the New testament reveals the Old testament which is Jesus the Christ. I hope I am seeing this right. I have a hard time comprehending, but God knows this and He helps me with people like yall. I can't put into words what i want to say but maybe yall can figure it out with God's help. Sometimes I confuse myself trying to put it into order.
I love all yall and have learnt alot just by reading all the post i can and reading the Bible studies. Oh how I have been enlightened. Ray is also an awsome teacher and I miss him and I never met him and that is awsome to me to, to feel so close to someone you haven't even met. God bless yall. Virginia

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 03:52:16 PM »

Ray did speak on the two witnesses, he noted it is the old and new testaments if I remember correctly

Ray has never taught on the symbolism of the 2 witnesses in Revelation 11. He uses Rev 11:3 in the Truth #6 section to demonstrate God consistently uses more than one witness to establish a truth.

Revelation speaks of the 2 witnesses not only speaking fire but also sending plagues upon the earth, battling the beast and being killed as well as being resurrected. None of this symbolism has been taught on BT.

Marques
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.