bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Father's house  (Read 3481 times)

dave

My Father's house
« on: September 14, 2012, 04:00:59 PM »

Joh 14:2  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Joh 14:2  in the house of my Father are many mansions; and if not, I would have told you; I go on to prepare a place for you;
Heb 3:6  But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
Heb 3:6  and Christ, as a Son over his house, whose house are we, if the boldness and the rejoicing of the hope unto the end we hold fast.
1Pe 4:17  For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
1Pe 4:17  because it is the time of the beginning of the judgment from the house of God, and if first from us, what the end of those disobedient to the good news of God?

This just a thought(it is certainly obtuse) that came to me yesterday and it has me wondering. I've always been told and believed, that Father's house was in heaven and that it had many abodes or mansions. And as I was considering this, I thought of Hebrews, "whose house are we," and Peter 's writing that judgement begins, "in the house of God."
So, is the Father's house "us." I know the thought is contrary to the norm. I'm throwing this in as well to consider.

Rev 21:3  And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:3  and I heard a great voice out of the heaven, saying, `Lo, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will tabernacle with them, and they shall be His peoples, and God Himself shall be with them--their God,

Gina

Re: My Father's house
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 02:25:11 AM »

It certainly looks like you've found a spiritual match ... to me.

Whose house we are...

1 cor. 3:16

It hath been written, My house a house of prayer

I'm sure there's more, but I'm sleepy. :)

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: My Father's house
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 03:25:09 AM »

It is also good to consider these verses.

2ND Corinthians 5:1-4
1- For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2- For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
3- For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.

Hebrews 11:10- For he looked for a city which had foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Joel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.