bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Egyptand in Isaiah Prophecy  (Read 5958 times)

HoneyLamb56

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Egyptand in Isaiah Prophecy
« on: September 17, 2012, 12:11:30 PM »

"…carry their riches upon the shoulders of young donkeys, and their treasures upon the humps of camels to a people [Egypt] that shall not profit them" (Isa. 30:6)?
This quote was taken from Ray's paper "When the Towers Fall";  I was listening to an interview on Sun News (Cdn Channel) where the question asked was something about foreign aid from USA being paid to mid east countries, is it working or worth it?...something along those lines;  the response:  US should cut if off now, billions of dollars are paid to these countries who do nothing or turn their backs against America and allies; they know they will get the money anyway; this aid is bankrupting America.....

This newscast led me to reread Ray's paper and, imo,  his interpretation of Isaiah's prophecy is right on the mark

Gina

Re: Egyptand in Isaiah Prophecy
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 01:40:17 PM »

Correction:  HoneyLamb, I agree!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 11:49:25 PM by Gina »

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 02:06:31 PM »

I don't have time to type out the full response that I'd like, but I just wanted to say..

Just because the prophesy has a real, literal, physical component to it doesn't negate the spiritual aspect.

The literal, physical towers were prophesied to fall, and the literal, physical towers did indeed fall. We give literal, physical riches to Egypt (and other enemies) just as the Scriptures states and it will not profit us. Why?

Well the spiritual aspect of this is the lack of FAITH in God. We've given our FAITH (our spiritual treasure) to our enemies (Egypt, etc) in an attempt to coerce them not to attack Israel, instead of trusting God.

So we didn't learn our lesson after the towers fell. The question is.. what comes next?

Gina

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 02:22:51 PM »

(I realized today I really need to re-read that article!  Thanks for your patience everybody!)

This could however be a fulfillment of the OUTWARD Jews giving their "riches" to the world.  I mean, there are INTERFAITH conferences between Christians and Muslims and Hindus to be "one."  Can't happen.  You can't MIX the faith of Christ with the beliefs of the Muslims and the Hindus, etc.  You wind up with an alloy.  That's why God said to the Jews of the OT -- your gold and silver will rust as a testimony AGAINST you.  They were mixing the TRUE riches with the bunk that came out of the "Egypt," and winding up with an ALLOY -- a metal that LOOKS like gold and silver, but because it has all these IMPURITIES in it -- it RUSTS.  Hence, it crumbles and FALLS.

(P.S.  The U.S. crumbled a lonnnng time ago, and the Twin Towers episode was the outward expression of what'd been "brewing" for decades in this "melting" pot called the UNITED ["united" my aunt fanny] States.)

« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 11:52:20 PM by Gina »

gregorydc

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 11:02:42 PM »

Gina what you said reminds me of the dream in Daniel ,from Nebuchadnezzar where the legs and feet and toes were mixed elements and the stone smashed them. Maybe they are supposed to be an alloy just for that purpose???  Don't know just a thought Gods ways are much higher than mine and all of ours, just know that his plan is to save us all no matter what!  All things are for the good of us.
just my thoughts
Greg

Gina

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 02:54:44 AM »

Isn't that the truth. 

santgem

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 04:09:43 AM »

2Cr 6:14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 

onelovedread

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 11:39:31 AM »

ALL (EVERYTHING) IS OF GOD!

"Moreover, from the eon I am He, and there is no rescuing from My hand. I WILL CONTRIVE, and who will reverse it?" (Isa.43:13).

"I form the light, and CREATE DARKNESS: I make peace, and CREATE EVIL: I the LORD do all these things" (Isa 45:7).

". . . in Him in Whom our lot was cast also, being designated beforehand according to the purpose of the One WHO IS OPERATING ALL in accord with the counsel of His will" (Eph.1:11).

"Seeing that out of Him and THROUGH HIM and for Him is all: to Him be the Glory for the eons! Amen!" (Rom.11:36).

Gina

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 12:47:59 PM »

2Cr 6:14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 

Which reminds me of this verse:  Amos 3:3 "Do two walk together, unless they have agreed to meet?"

It is not a sin to point out evil or expose it where it exists.  But is blasphemy to infer that because ALL is of God that God is evil.

They meant it for evil but God meant it for good, true.  But...

Romans 3:8 Why not say--as we are being slanderously reported as saying and as some claim that we say--"Let us do evil that good may result"? Their condemnation is deserved.

GaryK

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 01:27:35 PM »

(P.S.  The U.S. crumbled a lonnnng time ago, and the Twin Towers episode was the outward expression of what'd been "brewing" for decades in this "melting" pot called the UNITED ["united" my aunt fanny] States.)

In an effort to be clear in understanding your pov, are you speaking from a spiritual or physical 'crumbling' or am I missing the mark on your 'ps' entirely?

darren

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 08:24:14 PM »

Just a few points. One The U.S. is currently brorowing 40 cents of dollar from foraien countries. China being the largest debt holder. The U.S. govenment  Just gave billions of taxe payer dollars to Egypt and Pakistain . Well exclued the 40 cent on every dollar.  Any time there is a major earthquake or sunimi that cause major destruction in other countries the U.S. is always the first in with medicines,food clothing and our rescue works and their dogs who save many lives. The U.S. people give our hearts, our blood and our money (the little we have) To those in need. Of corse the U.S.has major problems physical and spiritully. With all the problems we have, People Still are giving up everything they know and love at great risk to come here legal and ilegaly just for the chance at a better life. A chance for their children and grandchildren to become a U.S. citizen. The U.S. is still the NO. one country that offers the best chance for a better life for millions around the world. Just ask one of the many who came here from the middle east, North Korea, Russia or latin america. Ask the ones who work min. wage jobs to the ones who own their own bisness what they think of America. Ya we have many problems and we are down but not out. Not yet. Now the U.S. Gov. Thats a whole othe conversation

Darren

Gina

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 11:53:42 PM »

Gary - I meant spiritually. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.