bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the prodigal returns.....  (Read 5624 times)

Patric

the prodigal returns.....
« on: September 18, 2012, 10:03:11 PM »

Hello everyone....this is at least my 3rd attempt to be active here....over the past few years.....I was not able....or willing even to post or stay active to fellowship with like minded brothers and sisters.....and I am back! he he he he well....I can be very wordy and go on and on with the best of them....not from my own knowledge by that of what the Spirit of our Father has given me a portion of! I can preach til young folks fall out of windows and die.....and yet have not the power to raise them as Paul did......LOL anyway.....so not as to have any of you fall out of the window so to speak....I will say I am glad to be back....and sad to hear of the man whom inspired me more so then any other person besides Jesus himself to find and search......L. Ray Lewis.....has passed on.....I knew of his failing health....and sadly never got to meet him face to face....but felt as if he were not only my teacher and friend......but brother and a father figure.....okay okay....as promised bye bye for now in Christ and love and peach to you all from the Father Son and his Spirit that binds us all according to his will in us as we fearfully work out our own salvation! peace.....looking forward to be saved and transformed more and more into his image with you all.....

Patric

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: the prodigal returns.....
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 01:42:21 AM »

Hi Patric,
Third time is a charm toward success; so they say.
Glad that you are back again. Take it easy this time and don't try too hard.
The author of our teachings is L. Ray SMITH in case you were wondering.
Looking forward to fielding any questions you may have.
Try to keep them short and to the point. It makes providing a useful answer a lot easier.

Warm regards, ole Indiana bob
Plymouth, Indiana USA

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 03:05:30 AM »

Good to hear from you.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 11:06:25 AM »

Hi Patric,

Glad you have joined us again  :)
Well what I find is that to discuss these truths with other like minded people, like here, leads to more understanding, as we share different perspectives on a subject. Now if I try 'to preach it' to those I know (family and friends) that have not been given eyes to see, well I can easily overreach trying to get my point accross and become annoying to them. So I come to do my sharing here and even have a few like minded people I talk to from time to time.

We are so blessed to have a place where we can gather and discuss these things, so make your questions and/or comments known to us  :D

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Patric

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 09:09:46 PM »

Thank you Dave, Bob, and Kat  ;) yes I agree Kat....most of my "preaching" I find is more for myself oddly LOL.....as if anyone would listen to such foolishness from a humble average dude like me! When my eyes were opened it was beyond words what this meant to me....harmony in something I only understood on a religious or 'good guy' level.....I pray constantly....as in no set format but all through out the day....and worship alone.....going into my room and closing the door so others do not see my actions publicly......as Christ would be alone on a mountain top and away from the masses......and of course 15+ years in a out of a congregation that I seldom saw eye to eye with......but I would stir things up with my words or ideas and actions....only to meet with less then spiritual results......I feel so welcome here!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 09:18:19 PM by Patric »

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 01:39:27 AM »

Hey Patric,
Please don't worry about being ONLY average.
According to scripture God is calling the dregs from the bottom of the barrel.
It's not that He feels sorry for us or even that we need Him more.
It's because God is planning to show the whole world what He can make out of NOTHING.
So then, whatever we will become it will be a work of God and nothing we can EVER boast about.

I have often wondered what many of my friends and relatives will think or say when they see me, if they do, in the resurrection. It is most likely that they won't even recognize me and surely won't believe what they see before their eyes. That is how different I believe that we all will be. It will be a true miracle of transformation, beyond belief. Just consider that we will see our Lord AS HE IS, because we will be like him. WOW!

All I do each day is say thank you and may Your perfect will be done.
Indianabob

Patric

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 12:15:11 PM »

Thank you Bob....and to the contrary there is no worry......I will boast all the more of my weaknesses so that the power of Christ will rest upon me.... :) at times I wish I was more below average.....at times I do still have a touch of confidence in my flesh! I long to be of the mind set of Forrest Gump even......lol seriously!.....yes and he makes me perfect by the power of the blood.....amen.....again thanx for the encouragement brother.....

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 01:02:51 AM »

Welcome Pat! Sorry for the late welcome, I know we've already exchanged words a few times and I thank you tremendously for your input and participation in the discussions. Your words have been a blessing"... even if... difficult to follow... at times..." ;)

Haha, just playing! :P
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Patric

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 01:46:28 PM »

ha ha ha :)

Extol

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 12:28:08 PM »

I kinda like the ellipses.

8)

Glad you're here Patric!

Patric

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 02:08:18 PM »

I like the support......humanity needs Spiritual family and this is mine right here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.