bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disciples  (Read 3670 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Disciples
« on: September 27, 2012, 07:54:18 PM »

Jesus and his disciples were walking around one day, when Jesus said, "The Kingdom of Heaven is like 3x squared plus 8x minus 9."

The disciples looked very puzzled, and finally asked Peter, "What on earth does Jesus mean -- the Kingdom of Heaven is like 3x squared plus 8x minus 9?

Peter said, "Don't worry. It's just another one of his parabolas."

cjwood

Re: Disciples
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 11:54:30 PM »

had to google parabola (it has been a long time since algebra classes).  the definition of parabola is as confusing to the math challenged, as the parables spoken by Jesus were to the multitudes.

claudia

acomplishedartis

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 04:51:45 AM »

ha. I just got it after Claudia's reply, because the meaning of parable in Spanish is parabola (and I had not fully realize that I

was reading spanish), so at fist it was less funny. Now I see that it was a meant to be more funny :)

« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 06:01:22 AM by Moises G. »

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 04:39:39 AM »

ha. I just got it after Claudia's reply, because the meaning of parable in Spanish is parabola (and I had not fully realize that I

was reading spanish), so at fist it was less funny. Now I see that it was a meant to be more funny :)

That was pretty funny too.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.