bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: prayer request  (Read 5262 times)

gregorydc

prayer request
« on: October 01, 2012, 10:43:33 PM »

I try to keep myself from having to go here, but I am definitely not that strong,but many of you are. I am still having marital problems and I do not see any end in sight to this one way or the other. I hate what this is doing to my children and to me too it breaks my heart to see them "suffer" the way they do when I leave or they have to. Please pray for us, please for Gods will to be done soon. Please pray for me to be able to overcome all this pain in my heart for my children and my wife.
thank you
Greg

I feel like I need to add a little more information for everyone here. My wife and I have been separated for over a year now. I go to our house every day to see my kiddos and my wife. Some days she seems like its all good, but most she acts hateful, rude, and bitter towards me and my children. She has a problem of not being able to forgive people, and/or holding grudges for many years at a time.  I know for a long time I was blinded to this because I loved her dearly, maybe that was the reason God pulled us apart so I could "re-find" Him?  I know it is difficult every day to have to walk out the door on everything I had and love but I know I must. I know I am not a perfect person, but my God is fashioning me in His image, and I will become what he wants me to be. I don't know what he has in mind for my little family, but I hope he will, with your prayers, give us the strength to overcome these tribulations!  I know there is more to tell you, but I am outta time at the moment if you have any questions feel free to ask I am an open book if you think you have any other advice.  Thank you again for your prayers for us!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 01:43:02 PM by gregorydc »

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: prayer request
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 12:15:08 AM »

greg, i will pray for you and your family.  remember when you can that our Lord knows your heart hurts so bad.  and that He loves you and your children with a love we cannot even fathom in our brains.  and, He has a purpose and a plan unique for you.  and for your children.  and even for your wife.

i am sorry for your heartache.

claudia

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 01:04:34 AM »

I try to keep myself from having to go hear, but I am definitely not that strong,but many of you are. I am still having marital problems and I do not see any end in sight to this one way or the other. I hate what this is doing to my children and to me too it breaks my heart to see them "suffer" the way they do when I leave or they have to. Please pray for us, please for Gods will to be done soon. Please pray for me to be able to overcome all this pain in my heart for my children and my wife.
thank you
Greg

You got it buddy! Hang in there!!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Extol

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 11:17:10 AM »

Greg,
 I have had marital problems of my own, and for me, it always helps to think of the conflicts as part of the fiery trial God is putting me through. When something starts up that is not my fault, the natural reaction is to defend myself. But I've learned there are better ways to deal with it, ways that are more about love than pride. It's a better idea to just listen and calmly discuss things than to shout back or immediately try to defend myself. It's humbling, sure, but is there anything wrong with being humbled?
 My marital problems have taught me more about love than I ever knew before, and they've also taught me how to be patient. I have a long way to go still (only been married two years  8)) but I can already see improvements in my life. When my wife is upset about something--even something I had nothing to do with--I'm more inclined to empathize than throw up the defenses of my ego.

gregorydc

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 11:03:35 AM »

Well here's a bit of an update for everyone. Tuesday this week my wife told me she went to talk to a lawyer to get a divorce, she figures a year apart is long enough. I just found out I have to get about about $9000 worth of dental work on my two kids. And last night, well, my wallet fell out of my pants pocket at walmart, I missed it for about 5 minutes, went back to look and everything was gone. All my money from my paycheck I keep was in there, I don't keep a checking account since I've been separated.  What a wonderful week!  I really could use a little prayer to prop me up for a while please. Man what a horrid week this has been! Feeling a little bit of a collapse coming on here! Thank you all for your previous prayers.
Greg

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 12:17:00 PM »

Man what a horrid week this has been! Feeling a little bit of a collapse coming on here! Thank you all for your previous prayers.
Greg

Hang in there, Greg. Take it one breath at a time.  This too will pass.  Praying for you.

René

Patric

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 05:36:03 PM »

Yes those are challenges for sure! Bro hang on.....for you live by faith, and not by sight, and there is no confidence in the flesh. Especially when the flesh seems to be against us too! This too is his will.....

gregorydc

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 02:23:25 AM »

Thank you all for your prayers! God is very gracious!  I went back to walmart the next day, before I went to the bank to cancel all of my cards, and accounts, and asked if anyone had turned in my wallet. You can't hardly believe this but it was there, all of it, nothing missing, every single thing, money and all!  Thank you God almighty for tiny miracles!!!!!!!!  I also thank all of you who have prayed for me, and I ask God to bless you all for your help! Hallelujah! Glory and Honor to God in the highest!  I know this is praise for such a small thing, and pretty carnal, because it is "nothing", but I still thank God for helping me take care of my family, and that is what he has done for me !
Greg

Samson

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 02:59:34 PM »

hi greg, sorry to hear about your marital sorrows, will pray for you, unable to say much, using cell phone to respond, because of surgery, can't use desktop computer.  samson

Patric

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 07:23:36 PM »

Amen Brother......things like this show you that you have no real control over life huh? :P

onelovedread

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 11:48:13 AM »

Greg
Praying for you man.
"Not my will Father but thine be done. You operate all, Father and You work everything for good to those who are loving You, who are called according to Your purpose..."

ez2u

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 01:54:44 PM »

John  my prayer are with you Thank God all was in your wallet   John from Kentucky advice was strong and excellent advice.  I pray you heed it.  There are many marital problems right now as we are in a time of great change.  Thank you Lord. this is one of my favorite singer i hope you are inspired by her also.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jusAnLIFE3k&feature=related

gregorydc

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 11:52:05 PM »

UPDATE:
well praise to God! And thank you all who have prayed for me. A small miracle happened.I was on my way to my bank,the next day, to cancel my debit card, and make sure nothing was amiss in my accounts,when I decided to give walmart another quick check, so I went back to walmart, lo and behold, my wallet was there, not one thing was missing! Hallelujah! Thank you for the prayers again,through the prayers of you all was the way God chose to move for me. I am greatful to you all, and to the Father for this blessing!   Only thing, I lost my wedding ring on that day, (my sister says that it is a precursor for the real thing. Lol ]ods will be done!) I haven't found that thing yet either. Thank you all again and Praise to God for hearing you all!
Greg

Samson

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 12:30:51 PM »

UPDATE:
well praise to God! And thank you all who have prayed for me. A small miracle happened.I was on my way to my bank,the next day, to cancel my debit card, and make sure nothing was amiss in my accounts,when I decided to give walmart another quick check, so I went back to walmart, lo and behold, my wallet was there, not one thing was missing! Hallelujah! Thank you for the prayers again,through the prayers of you all was the way God chose to move for me. I am greatful to you all, and to the Father for this blessing!   Only thing, I lost my wedding ring on that day, (my sister says that it is a precursor for the real thing. Lol ]ods will be done!) I haven't found that thing yet either. Thank you all again and Praise to God for hearing you all!
Greg

Glad to hear that you found your Wallet, it happened to Me once & after immediately cancelled Credit Cards, Bank Card & reporting Driver's License missing, someone had turned it in with everything intact. Make sure you keep your Wallet & other valuables from your separated Wife, it's sorta like War now, heard too many Horror stories surrounding the lack of honor & honesty surrounding Martital departure. When the emotion of anger, hatred & extreme bitterness dominates a breakup, fair play, when it involves money, usually goes down the toilet, Be Cautious as a Serpent & innocent as a Dove. I was financially ruined in the Past due to Marital Destruction, people seem to justify almost anything during those stressful times, it's not right, but fact.

Take Care, Samson.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 23 queries.