bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hell shall not stand  (Read 4334 times)

patmokgoko

Hell shall not stand
« on: October 02, 2012, 02:29:42 AM »

Hi family, please help me understand Isaiah 28:18, I wish it could mean what I think it means "And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand,when the overflowing scourge shall pass through,then ye shall be trodden down by it."Take it at least from verse 15.

levycarneiro

Re: Hell shall not stand
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 08:33:07 AM »

Hi family, please help me understand Isaiah 28:18, I wish it could mean what I think it means "And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand,when the overflowing scourge shall pass through,then ye shall be trodden down by it."Take it at least from verse 15.

The original/Hebrew word here is Sheol. See http://bible-truths.com/lake16-B.html to understand all OT verses with Sheol.

God bless!

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Hell shall not stand
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 01:02:47 AM »

That's some powerful scripture, Pat.  I don't have a quick answer for you, but even with 'hell' properly translated (or rather transliterated) Sheol, that passage still describes the 'rulers of Jerusalem'.  Everything is about 'escape', but there is no 'escape'.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.