bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Feeling like there is nothing but misery on this earth...  (Read 12183 times)

space.ace.jase

Feeling like there is nothing but misery on this earth...
« on: October 07, 2012, 07:24:39 AM »

Hello all,

Just wanted to ask a quick question in regards to how you all feel about your time left on this planet.. do you enjoy it? some of it? none of it?

Lately everything just feels likes it is getting worse and worse and I cannot seem to find anything good or anything worth even getting enthused at. I feel like every single day left on the planet will be nothing BUT misery.

I know in the end God will save the whole world but that seems like a million years away..

onelovedread

Re: Feeling like there is nothing but misery on this earth...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 09:05:55 AM »

space.ace.jase
Maybe the answer to your angst lies in your avatar Matthew 6: 34 where Jesus says: "So do not worry about tomorrow; it will have enough worries of its own. There is no need to add to the troubles each day brings."
All we can do is try to make the most of the present moment and let God work everything for good in our lives, knowing that He knows the end from the beginning, He is in full control and is not surprised by any thing that happens.
All we can do is endure and trust Him, totally relying on Him since He causes the circumstances that lead us to the choices we make.
Below is a scripture from 1 Kings 19 (after Elijah had called down fire from heaven to destroy the Baal priests) that shows that man is helpless even after his "greatest exploits" and that not only is God in control but only HE can lift us up:

Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and how he had killed all the prophets with the sword. Then Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah, saying, “So may the gods do to me and more also, if I do not make your life as the life of one of them by this time tomorrow.” Then he was afraid, and he arose and ran for his life and came to Beersheba, which belongs to Judah, and left his servant there.
But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness and came and sat down under a broom tree. And he asked that he might die, saying, “It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life, for I am no better than my fathers.” And he lay down and slept under a broom tree. And behold, an angel touched him and said to him, “Arise and eat.” And he looked, and behold, there was at his head a cake baked on hot stones and a jar of water. And he ate and drank and lay down again. And the angel of the LORD came again a second time and touched him and said, “Arise and eat, for the journey is too great for you.” And he arose and ate and drank, and went in the strength of that food forty days and forty nights to Horeb, the mount of God.
There he came to a cave and lodged in it. And behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and he said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?” He said, “I have been very jealous for the LORD, the God of hosts. For the people of Israel have forsaken your covenant, thrown down your altars, and killed your prophets with the sword, and I, even I only, am left, and they seek my life, to take it away.”

And he said, “Go out and stand on the mount before the LORD.” And behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind tore the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. And after the wind an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire the sound of a low whisper.
nd when Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his cloak and went out and stood at the entrance of the cave. And behold, there came a voice to him and said, “What are you doing here, Elijah?” He said, “I have been very jealous for the LORD, the God of hosts. For the people of Israel have forsaken your covenant, thrown down your altars, and killed your prophets with the sword, and I, even I only, am left, and they seek my life, to take it away.”
And the LORD said to him, “Go, return on your way to the wilderness of Damascus. And when you arrive, you shall anoint Hazael to be king over Syria. And Jehu the son of Nimshi you shall anoint to be king over Israel, and Elisha the son of Shaphat of Abel-meholah you shall anoint to be prophet in your place. And the one who escapes from the sword of Hazael shall Jehu put to death, and the one who escapes from the sword of Jehu shall Elisha put to death. Yet I will leave seven thousand in Israel, all the knees that have not bowed to Baal, and every mouth that has not kissed him.”

(1 Kings 19:1-18 ESV)

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 10:25:03 AM »

For me, it's because I know that God has a plan and that he is working it out that I don't need to feel hopeless.  If I was in charge I wouldn't have all the misery along with the rapes, murders and senseless violence.  But darn good thing I'm not in charge.  All these things are necessary and we'll understand in time why it has to be so.  Because of that world view I can see past the way things are...now and look to what they will be.  And no, your not far from wrong. 'I feel like every single day left on the planet will be nothing BUT misery.'

Joh 16:33  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

It is enough.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 12:05:25 PM »

Lately everything just feels likes it is getting worse and worse and I cannot seem to find anything good or anything worth even getting enthused at. I feel like every single day left on the planet will be nothing BUT misery.

Hi Jase,

I have grown to a place where, in spite of all the misery in this world, I do find a reason to be enthused for each day.  Each day brings the possibility of learning some deeper spiritual truth and understanding of our Creator and his master plan.  This may sound "corny" to some, but it really is a joy that I experience.

My mother died two weeks ago, and the pain of that loss would be unbearable if it wasn't for the blessings I continue to received in growing spiritually.  I believe in the "good news" of the scriptures.  Whenever I get bogged down in self pity and the worries of this world, I ask (beg) God to elevate my thoughts and heart beyond the here and now.  I believe our Creator is in charge and His plan is perfect. 

Here is an encouraging scripture to meditate on during difficult times:

Romans 8:18 - "For I reckon that unworthy are the sufferings of the present season to be compared with the glory about to be revealed towards us." (Rotherham's Emphasize Bible)

René
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 12:08:10 PM by Rene »

John from Kentucky

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 10:21:13 PM »

Rene, sorry to hear of the death of your mother.

G. Driggs

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 10:23:44 PM »

Hi space,

I dont enjoy the same things I used, but there are new and different things that Im learning to enjoy. I enjoy coming here and reading posts encouraging the brethren,  refuting heretics, leaving links to Ray's papers at every post,  playing with my kids, riding our atv, playing with my kids and making them happy. It's the little things I didnt notice before that Im finding good. A big one being this experience of evil God is putting us through. I really appreciate God putting me through this cause I know He is training us to be like Him. As much as it sucks sometimes I know this life is very short and God is very merciful and He means it for good.

Patric

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 01:53:44 PM »

Hello all,

Just wanted to ask a quick question in regards to how you all feel about your time left on this planet.. do you enjoy it? some of it? none of it?

I know in the end God will save the whole world but that seems like a million years away..

Romans 8:18-27
Good questions. Brother I too am frequently torn between being content....filled with joy, and shocked at the evils not only of the world, but of my own wretched mind! The book of Romans is filled with so much good spiritual meat.....I hear L. Ray Lewis say the same during one of his teachings to a group on a retreat....and I find this very true.....Romans is most likely my favorite book....and many things have opened my eyes ears and dead spirit taught by Ray and or others and the Spirit of course to these facts. Comfort, peace, truth, and a hope in things to come has me content in Christ, yet while my body falls apart, and my mind and life is not a cake walk. There certainly is no confidence in the flesh in my believe and conviction. I also do not dwell so much on the negative that I walk around depressed, but years ago I suffered from clinical major depression, and tried to take my own life and went through a dark period for many years. Now I have balance, as well as confidence that what is written in Romans 8:18-27 is true for all humanity and it is the only thing that gives me peace and keeps my sanity, or from slipping back into depression, or from putting my faith in money, or life, or the small things this world has to offer. Psalms tells us that each day is from the Lord and praise and be glad in it. I happen to say as long as it is the Fathers will.....then we will go to this or that city....and do this or that project and there will glory to his name. I also say this when things fall apart, including.....bankruptcy, mental illness, leg injury, lost of mother and father, best friend dying, girlfriend leaving me, house foreclosed, car repossessed, taxes owed to the government. These things will not shake me, and although far worse and similar things befall all humankind. So even amongst so much misery my eyes are not on what is seen.....but what is unseen, and my faith is not in things that are fleeting. So in the middle of hell and storms and the like we can know that our God is willing this and in control and has something incredible for us as we are made into his image.

Samson

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 09:59:58 PM »

Hello all,

I can relate and empathize with everything you stated in the above. We have the hope of happier times in future Eons floating somewhere in Our Minds & Figurative Hearts and that's good, a sure hope in the Resurrection from the Dead or Death State, but We have no choice in dealing with the everyday stress, sometimes and maybe often times and figuring out what choice is best in every given situation, feels like a ping pong or dodging darts. Circumstances can happen so fast or Prior Causes can happen so very fast causing a choice that We wish We didn't make, but it was the only possible choice We could have made under those particular circumstances, because We don't have Free Will or Free Choice or Free Moral Agency. Even if We can't take anymore and are overwhelmed too much and We choose to " Check out," even that's a Caused Choice.

To sum it all up, " Afraid of Living and Afraid of Dying," at the same time, sounds negative & pessimistic, but only the Spiritual aspect of this Life and God's control over emotions can circumvent this weakened disposition, but I certainly feel like you do lately, obviously, I can't or won't blame you, it is what it is.

May God Help You in Your struggles, Samson.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 04:08:48 AM »

So many good replies,

about

Well. that's a matter of perspective. If we get closer to that premise, it will seem not that far away then. We can actually try to relate that premise with pretty much any topic and problem and that helps a lot, (It will also keep you busy for a loong time, and after a while you  will might forget how miserable you used to feel).

It's like you have to go trough this level to then be able to get to the next, and the more you overcome the more freedom you have, first on your mind and then sometimes, if life enables you, you can have more physical freedom, but I am becoming to find out that the spirit with which we do anything is what is the real deal.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 03:56:03 AM by Moises G. »

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 03:51:50 AM »

I'm interested in science, creative work of all sorts, the good things people try to do against the odds and opposition.  There are admirable traits and things to emulate as well as evil traits and things to avoid.  Sometimes they are found in the same person!  That interests me too. 

Even so...Vanity, vanity...all is vanity.  Even knowing that makes me happier inside.  Because I know that all the arguments, suspicion, fears, strifes, envies, murders, ignorance, pride, sin and self-righteousness are going to be made right.  I'll see it sooner if they are made right in me first.  Might as well cooperate, even if it's hard.  If it's a done deal..and it is...why not?

Saul, Saul...why do you kick against the goads?

Like Rene said...the Good news is GOOD.  But it's a struggle, I'll admit, to get past all the noise and chaos to be still and know that He is God.  The more I study and meditate on what's true, the better the Gospel is.  In fact, its been sort of a barometer both for seeing my own life and for understanding the plan that when the "Gospel " I think I know starts being less 'good'. there's either something wrong with me, or with what I think I know.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Extol

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 10:45:07 AM »

The more I study and meditate on what's true, the better the Gospel is. 

Jase,

Dave's given some of the best advice for dealing with this evil world. If you meditate on your job, or how you're going to pay the bills, or politics, or Middle East violence, it's going to be depressing. For me, it's difficult to even read the newspaper anymore without shaking my head and getting down...unless I remind myself that It's all part of the plan. This is going to end up good. Even if you think often about fun things (like sports, which I do), it can be nice for a day, but it's ultimately unfulfilling.

And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
Phillipians 4:8

When you meditate on the truth, and the marvelous plan of God--as much as we can understand of it, anyway--we can overcome the depression of any situation in this world. Stock market crashes? Gas prices go to $5 a gallon? Hard times, but God's going to save every human that ever lived. A bomb kills 28 people in Syria? Horrible and sad, but every one of them is going to live again.

Of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end. Isa. 9:7 

No end of the increase! What are rising gas prices compared to that?

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 04:52:24 PM »

Isa 55:9  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Rom 8:7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8:18  For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

My problem, your problem, our problem is we have a carnal mind which doesn't seem to get renewed all at once.  All these things that happen are needful and necessary and part of our growth including the misery and misunderstandings.  I've made quite a study of Nazi Germany.  I have studied and read the works of Hitler and many of the Nazi leaders as well as the Nuremberg trials and the psychologists who interviewed them.  I have been fascinated with that part of history as I see many parallels between pre Nazi Germany and where we are now as a nation.  That of course is a subject for a different thread.

However, I've always wondered how a Western nation full of church going people, a nation of morals and values could turn in such a short period of time to become what the Nazi's were.  And as I studied their leaders I realize internally that I could of been any one of them.  If I was born in that time and into those families and had those experiences I could of been any one of those men and would of rationalized my actions just as they did.  It's quite a dose of helping your house of sand to remain in a heap let me tell you.

I bring this up to consider that everything that happened back in WWII and the millions of people who were killed in the war not to mention the Nazi holocaust were all a part of God's plan.  I realize that, I understand that but with my natural mind I can not comprehend how everything that took place was part of God's overall plan and was necessary to accomplish his will.  When I think of the suffering and misery and the millions who lost their lives I have to admit I simply don't understand why it was all necessary....but it was. 

When we consider all of these things it comes down to a few basic and simple questions.

1.  Do we believe that God is still on his throne and has everything under complete control?

2.  Do we believe that God's will is going to be done?

3.  Do we believe that in the ages to come God is going to redeem his entire creation as he has stated in his word?

If we answer in the affirmative to this and questions like this that deal with the sovereignty of God then we have to decide to rest in his promises and let God be God and reflect on the above scriptures and scriptures like them.

gregorydc

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 09:51:47 PM »

Brother Jase,
imo you have one of the greatest "good" to look forward to and have here and now!  All of us your brothers and sisters, including your "big brother" Christ. How much better of a family could you ask for. Your siblings here always give you great and Godly advise so that someday you, and we can go visit our Father together!  Do you think that anyone here doesn't LOVE you?  LOVE is the greatest gift from Gods spirit! All of these brothers and sisters here do love you dearly as a friend and as a brother, look at the encouragement that they give you in their responses to your question. And to your other questions yes I enjoy it now because now is the time God has given me here, now. Plus when I feel down I can come here to see my family, or play with my kids, whichever God wills. With Love for you my brother,
Greg

yello62

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 11:05:21 PM »

jase, what you are feeling is real.  this world is miserable.  the great news, as has been said, is that the misery will not last, as you yourself stated that you are aware of that fact, and while at times it seems a million years away, it is far closer then when we first believed.  truth is that it is as close as your lifetime, for you anyway, for as soon as you enter into that "final" rest, you will awake to Christ.  we dwell in enemy territory and the enemy is doing their level best to beat us down.  know that the misery has been dealt with.  know that there is an end.  know that The Father has not left us to this miserable state or all eternity.  there will be peace, is peace in The Prince of peace and He is bringing that peace soon.  know that there is healing in Christ our healer, and that He is bringing that healing soon.  know that there is comforter in Him and that He is bringing that comfort soon, indeed, has given us His comfort so that while pressed on all sides, we cannot be overcome.

accept His comfort jase.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2012, 08:40:31 PM »

We are here to learn:

Gen 3:5  For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Rito1980

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 07:01:55 PM »

my walk with Jesus is gettin difficult as well.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 09:27:04 PM »

Hi Rito - Hope you are well my friend

I find the same thing with my walk with the Lord. Seems to get harder all the time, but I have learnt more and more to keep my eyes on Him through the pain and difficulties. It's not easy but trust me it's so worthwhile. If we could see that from the beginning then we wouldn't have to trust Him through the difficulties. I find through it all I get closer to the Lord.

Jer 17:7  "Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD.
Jer 17:8  He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit."

Rom 8:18  For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

You going to be OK there Rito because the Lord loves you so much and nothings going to stop God doing His will in your life.

I found this in Ray's emails that I find quite encouraging:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1677.msg14083.html#msg14083

> Dear Ray, You are a real hero! I've been visiting your website for three years
> now and I never get tired of it. Sometimes I read the headlines and feel
> depressed about the world and wonder why I brought three wonderful little people
> into such a mess. Then I visit your site and start to calm down, I tell myself
> that Jesus is the saviour of the whole world, everything will be okay.
> I have to say though that sometimes I have doubts and fears, although not about
> hell or the so called "end times". I worry rather that there is not a plan,
> that this world is just an accident and that all of the suffering in the world
> has no purpose. My husband is a scientist and tells me that believing in God is
> like believing in Santa Claus. My family is at the other end of the spectrum
> and thinks that I'm going to hell because I don't go to church. Since my
> childhood I have yearned for God, but not the God that was presented to me.
> What you say makes sense to me, it feels right, it soothes me.
> But I wonder Ray if you worry too? You mention that you have children, do you
> worry about them when you read the papers? Can a person reach a point in their
> faith where they have no doubts? I pray daily, "I believe, help Thou my
> unbelief." Will this prayer be answered? I know that you are very busy, if you
> don't have time to respond I understand. I thank from the very bottom of my
> heart for all that you do. Jesus is my window on God, but you brought me to the
> window.
>
> With Love,
> Melinda

Dear Melinda:

No, I really don't worry about all the problems in the world to the extent that I get depressed. I am certainly saddened by the pain and misery in the world, how stupid many leaders of the world are, and the spiritual drug dealers of religion. However, as I know that there is a plan and purpose in all this pain and madness, it does not cause me to loose sleep. I have devoted my life to exposing spiritual crime and corruption while at the same time teaching the profound truths of God's Word. I full well know that what I am doing will have no impact on the world or its problems. But for a select chosen few, God is preparing His saints to correct all these ills in the future Kingdom of God on earth.

God be with you,

Ray

I continue to pray for you and also hope that you will draw close to God at this time.

James 4:8  Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, sinners; and purify your hearts, double-minded ones.

Rhys
🤫

Ian 155

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 03:19:32 PM »

Agreed Rhys - I have found God works on me in seasons [increments] I have seen some good, most bad but never best - this as Dennis says is learning, sometimes I get to a place where I cannot go a step further - The word tells me that "he will not put on you more than you can bear" - I think that is a HUGE translation error at times............ or what about "come to me all you who are heavy laden I will give you rest"

Its OK to say "have faith God helped you the time before, in similar circumstances so he will come again"...

point is - the wait gets longer and longer and as you grow.

From the man himself ,

“Brothers and sisters, we don’t want you to be unaware of the troubles that we went through in Asia. We were weighed down with a load of suffering that was so far beyond our strength that we were afraid we might not survive.” (2 Corinthians 1:8 )

Could you imagine saying to an inmate at Auschwitz, “Don’t worry; God never gives you more than you can bear!”?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 03:30:28 PM by Ian 155 »

thewatchman

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 11:04:42 PM »

if it keeps up Jase, you might need to consider you are being affected with depression. We aren't made to be in misery all the time. It is not shameful. In that case....visit your doctor.

Joel

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 11:54:59 PM »

Sometimes day to day struggles can make it feel like someone licked all the red off my candy, but these verses of scripture came to mind.
 Romans 8:35-Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36-As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37-Nay, in all things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38-For I am persuaded, that neither death , nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39-Nor height , nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Joel
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 23 queries.