bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fellowship in the body  (Read 4244 times)

Layla

Fellowship in the body
« on: July 25, 2006, 06:51:38 PM »

One of the things I first noticed about this board was how gentle, encouraging, edifying, open and honest everyone was with each other.  A unity was visible that was unlike any other forum. It's like with our own bodies how if our eyes are dry, we'll apply a little saline to refresh them, or if we stub our toe, we apply a little ointment to soothe it.  This is how I see this forum interacting with each of its members.  There is a unity clearly visible where each member respects and connects each member of the body of Christ, which we are.  I know I haven't been here that long and I understand that there has been a little storm that has passed through, but I think the fellowship here is unique and in union as a body with Christ as the head.  The same purpose, perhaps, i.e. growing in Christ. (Bobby I notice that you have written a lot of posts that encourage such fellowship, I'm glad you are not going anywhere).  Anyway I just wanted to let you all know what I see.

Peace,
Layla

ned

Re: Fellowship in the body
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 07:23:14 PM »

Layla, that is encouraging to hear, thank you for stating such. You have made me envision God nodding his approval.

You're right, when we let CHRIST be the HEAD, the body automatically follows with the same purpose.  To Him be the glory!   

This forum has also given me the same warm feeling, I never imagined I would find so many like-believers, I am thanking God plenty for this forum.

Marie

snorky

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 09:48:25 PM »

Yep, that's what I like about this forum, too--there are no "bad vibes" here. I haven't read any posts that suggest any, but that's what I get for being new here. I've read many other so-called Christian forums and the lust for damnation for others is horrendous! It's like these people can't wait for Armegeddon! Let's never let that kinda stuff invade here.--snorky

YellowStone

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 10:15:53 PM »

Kind of gives sense to Christ's two commandments doesn't it. Love God and your neighbor as yourelf. It doesn't get much better than that! :)

This board did go through a bit of a rough patch, but I believe it is a better place because of it. I agree with you Layla, Bobby just emanates love and compassion in his posts. They make me feel good. :)

YellowStone

mongoose

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 10:32:43 AM »

Layla,  What a great post!  You captured my feelings about the forum as well in your words.  :) We are so blessed and lucky to have such a wonderful place to come together with like-minded believers.  I've never been on another forum and was scared to death to post on this one.  I have learned so much about love and compassion and patience already from the members here in such a short amount of time (even and maybe especially during the "little storm").  It is absolutely amazing!  I too never thought I'd ever find a group of people who reflected the unity and love of true faith in God.  God is so awesome!!!! 

mongoose

buddyjc

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 01:13:00 PM »

Yes!  New members are coming every day, and we would love to hear from you. 

Brian

lauraathome2005

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 11:27:52 AM »

Amen Layla....I thank you sincerely for sharing the link to this forum with me.  Blessings, Laura
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 17 queries.