bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Update on Quadricep/knee Injury  (Read 16111 times)

onelovedread

Re: Update on Quadricep/knee Injury
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 12:43:34 PM »

For the last 2 years I've struggled with back problems which I believe have been diagnosed as herniated disks. My left side leg is pretty weak and I have difficulty climbing stairs.
After consulting with 3 doctors and 2 chiropractors, my condition is no better and I am using a cane and limping around.
Surgery would definitely not be an option for me.
I've almost totally decided in my mind to start a course of acupuncture treatments.
My sister has had success with it for a similar ailment.
Perhaps this is an option some of my disabled friends may want to explore.
At any rate, I volunteer to be the test case and will keep you guys updated on my progress:)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 02:31:41 PM »

I had the same back problems for 20 years, down the leg/lower back.  I tried everything including acupuncture. Acupuncture worked some but the result was only temporary.  Thank God I did not opt for surgery.  My problem was solved when I moved my wallet out of my hip pocket, that and God deciding to cure me of that problem.  2 months later my back felt as good as when I was a 20 year old and nearly 4 years later still going strong.

Craig

Samson

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2012, 04:39:43 PM »

I had the same back problems for 20 years, down the leg/lower back.  I tried everything including acupuncture. Acupuncture worked some but the result was only temporary.  Thank God I did not opt for surgery.  My problem was solved when I moved my wallet out of my hip pocket, that and God deciding to cure me of that problem.  2 months later my back felt as good as when I was a 20 year old and nearly 4 years later still going strong.

Craig

Hey Craig,

It definitely helps having your wallet in the front pocket & not the back one, I stopped putting my wallet in the back pocket about two years ago. Somebody had suggested that it was bad for your back, especially when doing allot of driving, I noticed a big difference too when I stopped having it in the back pocket, haven't had a problem since. I can be thankful to God my back seems to be doing well at this time,  ;D.

Samson.

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2012, 01:45:35 PM »

Samson:  i've added u to my prayer list

Samson

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2012, 02:37:08 PM »

Our prayers are with you and Kathy, Samson.  You have been a long-time B-T'er and I find your open-ness and honesty refreshing.  You are also posting on the correct venue--something I mess up with sometimes.  I think the criticism of the FORUM and moderators was harsh.  We. B-T'ers are a close family and we get ostracized by the "world and 'christian' friends" often enough without undo criticism of members or moderators!

God be with you, Samson and all our "family" in need whether it be medical or personal demons/challenges.  And God BLESS the VOLUNTEER MODERATORS who keep us all on track, as well as spiritually guided with their research and answering questions from "new-bies" and us old
contributors who still entertain Bible questions.  I will ever be grateful for Kat, Dennis and all others, who answered numerous questions for me on the way to the TRUTH.  (I will ALWAYS treasure a few personal answers from RAY, himself!)

Thanks Duane, Glad your back on board, looks like I get to experience a little bit of your world, the ambulating difficulties, I mean. I would be lying if I told you I wasn't scared about this unknown territory, always enjoyed the fact that My legs were my strong suit and not too long ago, here I get at least a taste of a Handicapped Person's World. My Dr. said there are a few old injuries in that Knee area that healed in an unusual, but not original way and He doesn't believe it would benefit Me to tamper with them, IE- The Anterior Cruciate Ligament & The Medial Meniscus, but the repair of My Quadriceps Tendon is of the utmost importance, if I don't want to end up permanently Disabled. Trying to keep my Mind occupied, so I don't get too nervous about all this and drive myself more "Nuts" than I already am.

Any suggestions or insights are welcome, your much experienced in this area, what have I got to lose.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Samson:  i've added u to my prayer list

Thankyou Honeylamb, much appreciated, can use all the prayers people are willing to give, God declares the End and The Beginning of Every Matter, so will have to wait see what He has in store for Me.

Kind Regards, Samson.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2012, 06:55:16 AM »

Samson

I will pray for you as well.

Do you enjoy practicing some type of art? maybe some writing?  I have seen you posting around for a while and I believe that would enjoy reading whatever that you would decide to write about.

Hope all gets better for you.
sincerely

Moises

Samson

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2012, 09:12:12 PM »

Thank you to all those who were able to respond,

Aside from some Forum Members, My Dad whose been an Ace throughout this Trial and My Wife, I don't even get a Phone call from My Siblings, My Oldest Daughter and My In-Laws. I've limped around for the last eight Months, going to work, mowing the lawn, doing housework and many other tasks, not asking for anyone's assistance, but it would have been appreciated if my Relatives would have sacrificed a simple 5 minute Phone Call. When My Father-In-Law broke His Tibia & Fibia two days after my injury, that following Wednesday, I went to visit Him in the Hospital, He has other issues, on blood Thinners, a severe Heart condition, etc and I continued to call Him for several Months thereafter and He never initiated a call to see how I am.

I feel & believe that I could have had the "attitude," Why go to work after I injured myself last February, just go to the Hospital and let Society ultimately pay for it, but didn't want to owe money and financially burden anyone.

On a positive note, an individual on the Forum sent Me a PM message asking if they could be of any assistance in any possible way, an individual that I hardly communicate with, offering help, but I told the individual that their concern and acknowledgement meant allot and was most important.

My Surgery is on Thursday & I hope it's God's Will that I can rehab adequately to get back to work before my Family Medical Leave Act expires in 12 Weeks, so I don't lose my Job, which legally they can do. Well, will let you Guys know about my surgical outcome.

Kind Regards, Samson.

gregorydc

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2012, 10:21:16 PM »

Hang in there brother in Gods time, this too shall pass. With surgery your knee will be better and your job easier. I pray God will speed your recovery and healing. With love I ask God these blessings upon you. Please do keep us posted friend.
Greg

NARROWAY

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2012, 11:24:55 AM »

Hi Samson,  I am praying for you as well.  Praying your knee will end up as good as new, you find favor with keeping your job and in the mean time all your needs are met in Jesus Christ.

Also, in my experience in life, in regards to your father in law, when you're a blessing to someone, you may not receive back from them but God will use someone else to return the blessing.  We just have to pray our heart is right when we go out of our way for others, not looking for anything in return.  Sometimes it doesn't come from the person you think it should, love them anyway.  The Lord may be using your father in law and family to show you whats in your heart.  He does that a lot with me and I am grateful.  I hope I'm making spiritual sense.  Forgive me if I'm not.  I'm still growing too thank God.

ez2u

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2012, 02:27:30 PM »

well Samson you are certain care about here and a lot of people are praying for you I guess this is your family ;D. I have had back problems for a while too and know what a mess that is.   its seems a lot of people right now have back problems in this country   wonder why?  We are struggling in this country  Why?  I believe our attachment are pulling us down.  When  I was young  (yes another when i was young story, please bare with me)  my mother had to support 6 young children and she walked 4 miles each way up north.  That means in all weather.  to work as a waitress she would get  back home and cook for us and do what she could to make our lives continue.  Never once did i hear her even talk about her struggles.  Now I am amazed!!!  so i asked her why she didn't complain, at the least.  This was her reply.  She never thought about it  She had a job to do and she just did it.  Did we lose something along the way?
I am guilty, sad to say.  I think we live in a time of gotta have and entitle to.  Self gratification so deeply rooted in our souls.  We were brain washed with the media for over 60 years.  I know the people on this forum want better  they want Jesus, the Savior of our souls.  I love you all for that! 
!

Duane

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2012, 11:33:25 PM »

Samson--I am still praying for your recovery!---Duane

Gabriel

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2012, 04:10:28 PM »

You are always in my prayers buddy!  :)

Samson

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 06:23:24 PM »

Hi Forum,

Just some information updating my recovery phase from Quadriceps Tendon reconstruction/reattachment. Tomorrow, it will be six weeks since my surgery. I saw Dr. Friedman last Wednesday and He said that my progress was better than He expected. At this time, I'm able to do 6-10 straight leg raises, can get my knee to bend about 60-65 degrees, my goal is 90 degree's. For my at home personal therapy, I perform the following movements: 1) Ankle Pumps; 2) Static Contractions of the Quad Muscles; 3) straight leg lifts; 4) Heel slides and 5) Hip Abductors. All of these exercises can be performed while lying in my Bed.

Also, I use my Portable Ultra sound Machine twice a Day for 15 minutes and My Inferno wrap device that sends Electromagnetic Waves into a Thigh twice a day for 25 minutes. I still have to wear a fully locked Orthopedic Brace while ambulating with the exception of shower time and while sleeping. Up until last Wednesday, I had to wear the Brace while sleeping too.

I am able to do all of the Domestic Chores around the house, so at least Pam doesn't have the added stress of carrying an extra burden beyond going to work. I had Pam bring a set of 25 pound dumbells from the Basement, so I can do some Seated dumbell exercises for the Upper Body. The hardest of most difficult aspect of my recovery at this stage of the game is being a prisoner in my own Apartment. Aside from leaving this Apartment three times to see the Dr, I only left one other time, this past Sunday to see the Movie Breaking Dawn 2 with Pam. so, in 6 weeks, I've only left my Apartment 4 times, it's a little maddening, but I've learned to adjust to my fate with the prospect that when I see Dr. Friedman on 12/26/12, My leg will be able to bend to 90 degree's. Dr. Friedman believes that I should be able to attain my goal of 90 degree's and be cleared to return to work.

I pray to God that if my leg returns close to normal function and that I show a great appreciation for having it's full use and not complain about doing all the building work and cleanup deeming other Tenants as lazy, but just be happy to be able to walk regular again.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2012, 02:29:05 AM »

Hi. I hope your leg recovers soon and I enjoy reading your posts. Praying for you for a speedy recovery. All the best and God bless you.  ;)

Rhys
🤫

Gina

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2012, 12:28:50 AM »

Thanks for the update Samson.  I pray you make a full recovery. God bless you and Pam, too. :)

Samson

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2012, 03:26:07 AM »

Hi. I hope your leg recovers soon and I enjoy reading your posts. Praying for you for a speedy recovery. All the best and God bless you.  ;)

Rhys

Thanks for the update Samson.  I pray you make a full recovery. God bless you and Pam, too. :)

Thanks Gina & Rhys,

Your prayers & concerns are much appreciated. During all of this time, My good leg is taking a beating, have to keep a special eye out for that. Let Me assure you that all of this is a very humbling experience, hope it's God's plan that I can maneuver around again, certainly don't like any of this, everybody take a moment to meditate on how fortunate it is to walk around without difficulty and be real thankful. It's easier to feel bad for those confined to Wheel chairs or even worse, those poor Guys and Gals.

Thanks again, Samson.

Gina

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2012, 12:20:51 PM »

That I can walk around without assistance (for the time being because Lord knows what could happen to me tomorrow!) is at the forefront of my mind quite often.  At the age of 42, my mother had a major stroke (she had a blood clot the size of the small grapefruit on the right side of her brain -- the screams that used to come from  her still sadden me, and horrify me to this day if I meditate on it).  She became comatose and when she woke, she was pretty much a vegetable and lived in a state run nursing home (in Maryland -- there was no a/c and she suffered many things not the least of which was her inability to get so much as a glass of water from the "nurses" and "doctors" who were there) for the rest of her life where she died.  Her laying there in that bed for close to the last 7 years of her life, unable to escape or get up or walk and barely talk but being fully aware of all that was going on around her but being unable to do anything about it, is an image and a memory that has been engrained in my brain since I was 10 and will never leave my mind.  I feel for you Samson.  I pray for your full and complete recovery.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2012, 03:07:22 AM »

I can sympathise to a degree with you as I hurt my leg a few weeks ago and had to crawl on the floor for the first couple of days. When I could walk I found my other leg like you said was getting bit of a beating. It amazes me that we often take these things for granted I know I did as never hurt me leg before to this degree. Even in my work I have been finding it very frustrating as everything takes longer and of course is more painful. I too echo your comment below:

everybody take a moment to meditate on how fortunate it is to walk around without difficulty and be real thankful.

Still praying and thinking of you.

God bless

Rhys
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 03:11:09 AM by Rhys NZ »
🤫

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2012, 03:13:17 AM »

That I can walk around without assistance (for the time being because Lord knows what could happen to me tomorrow!) is at the forefront of my mind quite often.  At the age of 42, my mother had a major stroke (she had a blood clot the size of the small grapefruit on the right side of her brain -- the screams that used to come from  her still sadden me, and horrify me to this day if I meditate on it).  She became comatose and when she woke, she was pretty much a vegetable and lived in a state run nursing home (in Maryland -- there was no a/c and she suffered many things not the least of which was her inability to get so much as a glass of water from the "nurses" and "doctors" who were there) for the rest of her life where she died.  Her laying there in that bed for close to the last 7 years of her life, unable to escape or get up or walk and barely talk but being fully aware of all that was going on around her but being unable to do anything about it, is an image and a memory that has been engrained in my brain since I was 10 and will never leave my mind.  I feel for you Samson.  I pray for your full and complete recovery.

Touching story Gina. God bless you.

Rhys
🤫

Samson

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2012, 09:45:22 PM »

Sorry She had to endure that horrible ordeal, it's an awful way to end one's Life, the only consolation left to this sad true story is You eventually seeing Her in the Resurrection of the Dead and any progress God deems thereafter. However, I wouldn't want that experience of what happened to Her & You on anyone.

Thanks for sharing, it helps put my mind in proper perspective, Samson.

I can sympathise to a degree with you as I hurt my leg a few weeks ago and had to crawl on the floor for the first couple of days. When I could walk I found my other leg like you said was getting bit of a beating. It amazes me that we often take these things for granted I know I did as never hurt me leg before to this degree. Even in my work I have been finding it very frustrating as everything takes longer and of course is more painful. I too echo your comment below:

everybody take a moment to meditate on how fortunate it is to walk around without difficulty and be real thankful.

Still praying and thinking of you.

God bless

Rhys

Rhys, I guess you got a good taste of what I'm experiencing, so you understand & have recognition and this is good & beneficial that you shared this. It helps Me not to wallow in any type of self absorbing pity. Get Better soon and be cautious as to how you walk and maneuver, don't want you to experience any setbacks. Samson.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 12:23:52 PM by Samson »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.