bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is God still learning?  (Read 6072 times)

Kenneth Clark

Is God still learning?
« on: October 09, 2012, 08:25:45 PM »

If God learned, is He still learning?

gregorydc

Re: Is God still learning?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 11:58:38 PM »

No because scripture says he is perfect. What else is there if you have achieved perfection?
Greg
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 09:35:46 PM by gregorydc »

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 01:40:06 PM »

Kenneth and Greg

I think we err when/if we assume that knowing all things is boring for God.  ::)

When a teacher in elementary school who knows her subject and goals completely, works with a new group of students every year and shares her knowledge with them and watches them grow and mature in the use of knowledge it is very enjoyable.

Once all the students that are going to be born are born, then the teacher moves to the advanced school room and begins again with those students who have graduated and lived a productive life and are now ready to learn the deeper things of nature. Once again the teacher is pleased and involved to be working with the advanced students. It's all good.

Of course with God the teaching is never over because the increase of knowledge on the part of the students continues to increase into the ages of the ages.

Maybe God gets new ideas as the work of the ages progresses, but that is a plus. The real point is does God learn from anyone else superior to God? No I don't believe that God does. God learns from His own counsel and God is the source of ALL things.

Indiana Bob

Bob

GaryK

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 04:32:17 PM »

Does 'learning' represent changing?

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 04:52:35 PM »

Does 'learning' represent changing?

I would agree on this line that if God learned it happened in the past long before our creation. As ray hinted, God knew evil but if He was the only one around and He is good and in Him their is no shadow of turning then where did He get this knowledge of evil?

There is much about our Father we simply cannot know for now other than speculate from what little we do have.

God does not change, we know this. God is perfect, we know this. So if God learned (Which is possible), it has already happened and He is no longer learning as learning would imply changing.

If there is one thing we know for certain is that God is not a baby with a golden spoon in His mouth whose never had to do a single days labor of hard work. God is alot more awesome than I think most people realize.

When I think of God, I think of Him as that super hero who overcome all adversity and odds. With that evil, whatever it was, that he had to deal with to attain that knowledge long before any of this ever existed. Ah.. I wonder what it was, what oh what was He dealing with. Hmm...

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Kat

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 08:08:09 PM »

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=11620.0 --------------

Like I have always been saying and teaching:  "We need to pay close attention TO ALL THE WORDS."  That includes my words and well as God's Word.

You seem to be quoting me as though I made my statement in the present tense, which I did not:  "...God DOES not suffer."  That is presently.  I do not recall saying that "God HAS NOT ever suffered." (Past tense).  "God DOES not learn anything, seeing that God IS [NOW] all knowing."  What I was trying to bring out in my lecture has to do with God BEFORE He "brought forth" or "birthed" wisdom by which He then was able to Create the heavens and the earth IN WISDOM.

God be with you,
Ray

Kenneth Clark

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 08:50:38 PM »

thanks for that Kat

ez2u

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 01:57:00 PM »

yes but not like we understand learning is

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 10:31:46 PM »

God is called the Creator.

And this creation continues. Will He ever be done? I doubt it.

There is a lot of satisfaction in creating something good.

And even God has a life. Sitting back and doing nothing for all eternity sounds like hell to me.

This verse is interesting:

Rom 8:22  For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Makes it sound like creation was dynamic.

God has a plan but we really don't know what happens after God is all in all.

Rays video shows God worked and learned to come up this creation.

http://bible-truths.com/video/WhereGodsKnowledgeL.wmv

Creation by definition means something new. Is God done coming up with new things? I doubt it. Even God has a life.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 05:28:25 AM »

I like to think about God as someone creative    :)    ,since I like building things since I was kid.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 05:28:56 AM »

learning.
knowledge or skills acquired through experience or study or by being taught.
The act, process, or experience of gaining knowledge or skill.

Okay.What about this one:

On which way did Jesus learn while he was here on earth

Luk_2:52  And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

and on which way did Jesus already knew all things while he was an adult?

Mat_11:27  All things, unto me, have been delivered up by my Father; and, no one, fully knoweth the Son, save the rather, neither doth any one fully know, the Father, save, the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son, may be minded, to reveal, him.

An example/scenario that comes to my mind right now, is like if I would say: 'I know why I came to live here on earth, who am I, what is my purpose on this temporally life, I know about the faith for all humanity and about the Father's character! and still... I have to learn simple things like make a good knot, like what is okay for food and what is not, how to create a chair, good grammar and how to wash well my cloth...'
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.