bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hebrew Translation.  (Read 4080 times)

Sorin

Hebrew Translation.
« on: July 25, 2006, 07:48:04 PM »

This is an email to Ray by someone.

Dear Mr Smith
I noted on your John Hagee letter that you support the use of the original language in which we are given the Holy Scripture, Hebrew.  Yet you use the greek translated to english name for our MESSIACH.  Why the inconsistancy? Should we not proclaim the given NAME of YASHUA to the world as the martyrs of the early "set-aside ones" did?  YAHUSHUA came to restore the name, should we not do the same?
YAHSHUA is ADONAI
Eric Schaafsma

Dear Eric:
Just where might i find a copy of this "original laguage" of the Hebrew New Testament?
God be with you,
Ray

Ha! I really like Ray's answer with a question. It really bother's me when people have the nerve to insist that you call Jesus by His Hebrew name. What's next, we have to speak Hebrew fluenlty before we can call upon the name of The Lord?  And is Jesus now still a Jew? Is He nothing more than a man, that should have a nationality?

Sorin

Re: Hebrew Translation.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 07:55:59 PM »

...and was The Lamb Of God, slain from the foundation of the earth, a Jew before coming down to earth, before becoming flesh? I tend to believe He was just a temporal Jew while in the flesh for about 30 some odd years. So why should God care if you call Him Jesus or Yashua or whatever? Doesn't the flesh profit nothing?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 07:57:00 PM by Sorin »

Chris R

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 08:46:21 AM »

Hi ,

I agree,  Or are we so arrogant in our thinking that we are to beleive God cannot understand who we are reffering to when we say the name Jesus Christ?

Chris

buddyjc

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 01:02:23 PM »

Right on Chris.  It's all legalism.  There really is nothing new under the sun.

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.