bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: obedience  (Read 2753 times)

ez2u

obedience
« on: October 12, 2012, 04:16:11 PM »

My job is to be obedient to what i know God by the Holy Spirit is telling me to walk in at the time.  this is not a simple matter but has many complexities. Simplicity and complexities. My question was how do I know the Will of the Father? The answer I personally came to was by what he was saying to me, through many resources, at that time.  Me, not what someone else might say to me. What I understood as truth to walk into.  Not my flesh but by the Holy Spirit.  Christ being form in you.Gal.4-12   My little children, with whom I am again in travail until Christ be formed in you!
For many years I have been talking about this scripture verse and talking about doing the Will of the Father.  "It is our job and only job to be obedient to what He is calling us to do"  It resounds' in me but i am not able to walk in it often.  Today is  anniversary of my fathers' death.  today my husbands father is being buried.  Our natural fathers are gone.  My children attended the funeral  I could not honor a man that tried all my married life to destroy our family and myself.  It made our life very difficult at times.  Ten years ago i was in Hickory NC  walking into a furniture store.  The clerk was quite distressed over a bird that was beating himself up trying to get out.  Hitting his body against the glass windows and walls it was hard to watch.  He wanted to be free, out of the store.  then this bird settle on the glass window and i walk up to him and quietly took a hold and walked out of the store and set him free.  The clerk said " how did you do that"  my reply was"I just did it"  It was amazing and i have often times wonder why that happen.  Later, thinking about how it djd happen i knew that i was completely empty inside my head of thought.  It was like i was a machine just walked up and took a hold of the bird and left him out. Today i had to do the same thing with my children empty myself out and allow them to develop with out my wish, fears, or thoughts of wisdom.  It was a new experience, in a huge way.  and i saw the flesh man in me spites the Will of the Father.  How strong how horrible how much flesh man hates the Will of the Father and doesn't want to give leadership to the Lord.  Jesus Christ is Lord and will remain so.  it was striking to me simple yet deep like when my son died and left every thing he had on this earth including his body.  The understanding of this, the seeing this happen, completely changed my priority as to what comes first in my life and this will to.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 17 queries.