bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Familial Relationships  (Read 3365 times)

deblynn

Familial Relationships
« on: October 23, 2012, 11:12:50 AM »

I am saddened when I hear about someone losing a loved one, and wonder how I'd react when that time comes for my mother, for example.  Unfortunately, I haven't had a relationship with her for several years, because of the verbal abuse.  She did her best to break up my marriage (but failed to do do); turn our 2 daughters against us (she succeeded with one); the constant put downs were more than I could bear.  Over the years, I 've had more peace without her venom in my life.  But now, I keep thinking about her, yet I can't go back to that situation, as long as she has an unregenerated heart.  I continue to pray for the the Lord to intercede, and for relationships to be restored.  My husband has no interest, though, in ever speaking to her, again.  It's a mess.  Thanks to BTF for the space to share our concerns.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Familial Relationships
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 06:03:23 AM »

Sometimes it's just not possible for two people to get along.  Scripture makes a place for those strained relationships.  It's sadder when that occurs in what should naturally be an important relationship.  I hope the Lord gives you grace to forgive her even as He is forgiving you.  It will end well between the two of you.  Reconciliation is a done deal.  I hope the Lord will give you a good foretaste of that, and I know He will if you can forgive, regardless of the state of her heart. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 03:49:56 AM »

I am saddened when I hear about someone losing a loved one too. Even so the experience is different for each person left behind. Sympathy and the intention to try to put your self on the shoes of the suffering is better than begin indifferent. I say this because it's more easy to be less scare and dramatice about death when we know that everyone - good and bad, simply finish on the same state -the state of death (Awaiting for judgement and purification).

Relationships are one of the most complex fields you can find on earth, and we are all students still.

Deblynn, I wonder if you are familiar with the different types of love (phileo and agapao) mentioned on the Scriptures. There is a transcript about that subject, if you are not familiar with it, I think it could help some.

rumpelstiltskin

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 09:40:55 PM »

I am saddened when I hear about someone losing a loved one, and wonder how I'd react when that time comes for my mother, for example.  Unfortunately, I haven't had a relationship with her for several years, because of the verbal abuse.  She did her best to break up my marriage (but failed to do do); turn our 2 daughters against us (she succeeded with one); the constant put downs were more than I could bear.  Over the years, I 've had more peace without her venom in my life.  But now, I keep thinking about her, yet I can't go back to that situation, as long as she has an unregenerated heart.  I continue to pray for the the Lord to intercede, and for relationships to be restored.  My husband has no interest, though, in ever speaking to her, again.  It's a mess.  Thanks to BTF for the space to share our concerns.
Tell me about it! :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 09:48:50 PM by T.G.N »
If you want to know what God thinks of money,just look at the people he gave it to
Dorothy Parker

Gina

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 03:35:12 AM »

Hey Deblynn,

How are you doing.  I just wanted to say that if you are feeling like the right thing to do would be to pray that relationships are restored, then you don't have to worry that your husband won't want anything to do with her, because after all... the relationship has been restored. :)

I saw your post when I was lurking and I know we've never officially met, so I kinda wanted to just say hey, Deblynn, nice to meet you, and let you know your post hit home with me.

All the best to you and yours.

:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.