bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leviticus 12  (Read 11039 times)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Leviticus 12
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2012, 08:10:52 PM »

Hi Rev....
If you want some humble advice to aid in your finding peace, perhaps you should seek the source of your fear or resentment of God having a chain of command and responsibility.

Every society needs rules of conduct and judges to administer those rules so that we all can get along. This applies whether it is a small town or just a family situation. It is especially important when there are only two in the group. The majority cannot rule. Every vote is tied one to one, so somebody has to be able to break ties.
Rather than husbands and wives having to use their own ideas to figure it out in every case, God sets up a system that He, God approves of. That is important to understand because if we do it God's way then God can and will use His authority and spiritual or super natural power to make it work for both sides. Think about that for a while please.

I of course do not know what it is like to walk in your shoes, but I may have some personal experience that would be of help. Try me please. Old Indiana Bob
age 77, husband of one wife 51 years, 2 lovely daughters and two sons with whom I have had hundreds of hours of discussion and debate around the family dinner table.
Maybe my insights would be of no value to you, but why not take a chance. You get no where if we don't try it and you may learn something of interest and value to you.

Love and hugs, Ole Indiana Bob

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Leviticus 12
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2012, 08:49:19 PM »

Let's leave it here.  No doubt there could be plenty of sermons quoted on 'why this law, and why that law'.  I don't know of a place Ray metnions this passage, and his views on the distinction between the Old and New covenants is clear, I hope.  Beyond that, it's not in the scope of the forum to explain literal, physical observances.  If anybody is determined to follow them, I should hope they already know why.

We're not here for religious debates.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.