bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: open ones mouth and insert foot  (Read 4063 times)

ez2u

open ones mouth and insert foot
« on: October 30, 2012, 02:35:12 PM »

Well i blew it!  got involve in politics and did wrong very wrong insulted a lot of christian family members and was harsh with them.  Why am I telling on my self?  Because it is good for my soul. Well the Lord let me know what I did in my heart and o'boy i don't know what to :o   do now cause I can't take back what I open up my big mouth and said, now.  Any advice I need some wisdom I know about keeping the mouth shut

Gina

Re: open ones mouth and insert foot
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 04:31:13 PM »

When I was 18, I worked for this little boutique residential appraising company in Maryland and the manager there was a female.  She was tough.  She was drop dead sexy gorgeous.  The men loved her (and one did for sure - literally hehe), but the subordinates (me and my coworkers) were terrified of her.  To keep us quiet and keep the peace, she put this sign up in the back of the office that no one could miss.  It read:

Better to be silent, and thought a fool, then to speak and remove ALL DOUBT!

We've all done what you've done, Peggy.  That's why there's a Proverb with that very same meaning: 

Even fools are thought wise when they keep silent.

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 06:11:16 PM »

My advice? Don't vote. Don't get involved in politics; Jesus said;

Luke 16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

I am a citizen of the kingdom of God and I will not participate in this kingdoms elections. My vote is with God.

Luke 11:17 But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth.

Mark 3:24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

God appoints all things to their rightful places even them whose appointment is over the people;

Rom. 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Pro. 8:15-16 By Me kings reign, and princes decree justice. By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.

Let the dead, bury the dead.

Matthew 8:22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

God bless,

Alex
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 06:31:56 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 03:52:24 AM »

Peggy, sounds like you got a dose of wisdom already delivered the most effective way possible.  :D  That's why "you'll know better next time" is such a truism.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Kat

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 10:44:01 AM »

Hi Peggy,

Just noticed this question. Yeah polities is a worldly business. I have bowed out and that is my defence to anybody that is talking about it, I simply say, 'I'm out of this, I don't vote' and don't have anything to say about any election.

Now you said you have already said things... well it's never to late to come back to somebody to try and correct a wrong. No need to get into all the specifics of what you did or didn't mean, just say you were wrong to say it the way that you did and feel you were too harsh and should not have been. Just say your sorry, if you get a chance to with any of them. That will show them that you are not to proud to admit a wrong.

Just my way of thinking.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

onelovedread

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 12:35:05 PM »

Just being "devils advocate" but "Rom. 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God" could also be used to justify one's decision to vote."
Since God operates all and we do not have free will, our decision to vote and our preference for a particular candidate or group which is established by environmental and other facors, is technically (albeit indirectly) directed by Him.
However there is no monopoly on "got involve in politics and did wrong very wrong insulted a lot of christian family members and was harsh with them." We've all done stupid stuff like that and most of us have those moments we would love to undo, but can not.

ez2u

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 03:27:05 AM »

good words  and will take note not to go there again.  my mind at times at times thinks to highly of its self  to be honest and its good to know this

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 10:10:36 AM »

It is silly to argue about something God has already determined before there was a world.

We have our opinions about how the country should be run but even that is willfulness on our part.

For better or worse God has a plan. We should do as we are told and simply observe and prepare.

Samson

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 12:43:03 PM »

It is silly to argue about something God has already determined before there was a world.

We have our opinions about how the country should be run but even that is willfulness on our part.

For better or worse God has a plan. We should do as we are told and simply observe and prepare.

Absolutely True Dennis, it was predetermined a long long time ago before We were Born & it's awfully Silly to argue about it, Amen to that.

Thanks, Samson.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 05:24:02 AM »

When I have already said something inconvenient or with the wrong spirit/motivation.. All I have left to do is to think:

-What just really happen out there...

-What would have been the right way to handle that...

-Now, what am I going to do about it?...

Once I figure out the answers, I move on and regrets are gone.

Anyway, the points I have just said tell pretty much how everybody have been trying to help.   

---

In my opinion, When I don't vote, neither do I feel with the right to complain. And, since I don't expect much from them: I never feel disappointed   (well, maybe sometimes a little bit, but I sleep very well at nights :)

« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 06:03:48 AM by Moises G. »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.