bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Answers - 30 Books  (Read 3603 times)

jingle52

Answers - 30 Books
« on: November 06, 2012, 05:55:21 AM »

Hi BT family,
as promised here are the answers to the 30 books. Hope they were too hard to find.....
God's blessings to all and my thoughts and prayers to those who suffered damage because of hurricane Sandy!

There are 30 books of the Bible in this paragraph. This is a most remarkable puzzle. It was found by a gentleman in an airplane seat pocket on a flight from Los Angeles to Honolulu keeping him occupied for hours. He enjoyed it so much that he passed it on to some friends. One friend from Illinois worked on this while fishing from his john boat.  Another friend studied it while playing on the banjo. Elaine Taylor, a columnist friend was so intrigued by it she mentioned it in her weekly column. Another friend judges the job of solving the puzzle so involving, she brews a cup of tea to help her nerves. There will be some names that are real easy to spot. That’s a fact. Some people, however, will soon find themselves in a jam, especially since the book names are not necessarily capitalised. Truthfully, from answers we get, we are forced to admit it usually takes a minister or scholar to see some of them at the worst. Research has shown that something in our genes is responsible for the difficulty we have in seeing the books in this paragraph. During a recent fund raising event which featured this puzzle, the Alpha Delta Phi lemonade booth set a new sales record. The local paper, The Chronicle, surveyed over 200 patrons who reported that this puzzle was one of the most difficult they had ever seen. As Daniel Humana humbly puts it, the books are right there in plain view hidden from sight. Those able to find them all will hear great lamentations from those who have to be shown. One revelation that may help is that books like Timothy and Samuel may occur without their numbers. Also keep in mind that punctuation and spaces are normal. A chipper attitude will help compete really well against those who claim to have all the answers. Remember, there is no need for a mad exodus, there really are 30 books of the Bible lurking somewhere in this paragraph waiting to be found.

Hope the underlined and bold are seen as I copied and pasted the page as it is....

jingle52

Re: Answers - 30 Books
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 07:36:53 AM »

There are 30 books of the Bible in this paragraph. This is a most remarkable puzzle. It was found by a gentleman in an airplane seat pocket on a flight from Los Angeles to Honolulu keeping him occupied for hours. He enjoyed it so much that he passed it on to some friends. One friend from Illinois worked on this while fishing from his john boat.  Another friend studied it while playing on the banjo. Elaine Taylor, a columnist friend was so intrigued by it she mentioned it in her weekly column. Another friend judges the job of solving the puzzle so involving, she brewse a cup of tea to help her nerves. There will be some names that are real easy to spot. That’s a fact. Some people, however, will soon find themselves in a jam, especially since the book names are not necessarily capitalised. Truthfully, from answers we get, we are forced to admit it usually takes a minister or scholar to see some of them at the worst. Research has shown that something in our genes is responsible for the difficulty we have in seeing the books in this paragraph. During a recent fund raising event which featured this puzzle, the Alpha Delta Phi lemonade booth set a new sales record. The local paper, The Chronicle, surveyed over 200 patrons who reported that this puzzle was one of the most difficult they had ever seen. As Daniel Humana humbly puts it, the books are right there in plain view hidden from sight. Those able to find them all will hear great lamentations from those who have to be shown. One revelation that may help is that books like Timothy and Samuel may occur without their numbers. Also keep in mind that punctuation and spaces are normal. A chipper attitude will help compete really well against those who claim to have all the answers. Remember, there is no need for a mad exodus, there really are 30 books of the Bible lurking somewhere in this paragraph waiting to be found.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 05:23:55 PM »

Thanks, Jingle.  That's very cool.

I think one reason I had such a hard time with it was in the way I learned to read.  I tend to read too fast.  Letters don't really register with me, it's words and chunks of words.  That's good for some things, but bad for others.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

bluzman

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 07:39:11 PM »

I see only XXV111  ?

jingle52

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 08:00:11 AM »

Sorry, I missed these two ;D ;D

we are forced to admit it usually
or scholar to see some of them at the worst. Research has shown that something in our genes is responsible for the difficulty

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 04:54:28 PM »

Jingle, are you saying that my ancestors are a bit stupid too?   ;D ;D
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

jingle52

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 08:17:10 AM »

MMMmmm According to the article Dave, but what must I say about my ancestors?
I am soooooo lousy at maths, have almost no humour, am not witty and can’t stand bad manners. So reading fast does not constitute a problem as far as I see things.  ;D  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.