bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why howdy y'all...  (Read 5821 times)

broken

Why howdy y'all...
« on: March 22, 2006, 01:27:02 AM »

How goes it?  Haven't been on here in a while and thought I would just drop in and see how things are going with my old buddies.

Well, I couldn't post without being controversial...so here's a question:

There is a couple who are in their late forties who thought that they were far beyond child-conceiving age.  However, recently, the wife found that she is pregnant.  This was a confusing, exciting, and troubling find.  Their two children are both in college or graduated and the thoguht of bringing a new life into the world is troubling, plus the fact that they were just settling into being alone and free again without their kids in the house.  They had decided to go ahead a raise the child, but again recently found out that the child will most likely be born with Down Syndrome.  After weighing risks, benefits, and troubles, they have begun to consider abortion as a viable option.  It would be better for the child and them both.  What should they do?  I should probably mention also that these two have been devout Christians for many years and spent hours in prayer striving with this issue before even considering abortion as an option.

So...what do you think?

Brandon

rvhill

Why howdy y'all...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 01:32:27 AM »

They should pray, both Choices are heavy choices to make. I for one would not want to have to make either choice.

nightmare sasuke

Why howdy y'all...
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 02:10:18 AM »

Only God can tell.

eutychus

Why howdy y'all...
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 03:07:06 PM »

it might just be that child need to be born to teach them( devout Christians ) a thing or two!!!

if God didnt want her with child then she wouldnt be with child!!

is God in control or not????

peace
eutythus

hillsbororiver

Why howdy y'all...
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 04:08:18 PM »

Quote from: eutychus
it might just be that child need to be born to teach them( devout Christians ) a thing or two!!!

peace
eutythus

Amen!

"It would be better for the child and them both" for an abortion than the child be born with Down Syndrome? Who's opinion and/or judgement is that?

Apparently that statement can only be made by someone who has never had a loving relationship with a handicapped person. Many parents of Down Syndrome (and other birth defect) children consider them a gift from God.

Joe

eutychus

Why howdy y'all...
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 04:12:37 PM »

Quote from: hillsbororiver
Quote from: eutychus

peace
eutythus

Amen!

"It would be better for the child and them both" for an abortion than the child be born with Down Syndrome? Who's opinion and/or judgement is that?

Apparently that statement can only be made by someone who has never had a loving relationship with a handicapped person. Many parents of Down Syndrome (and other birth defect) children consider them a gift from God.

Joe

JOE,
for truth!!!

we have a autistic child in my family, a second cousin to me.
he is the most precious gift!! the little guy has touched a lot of hearts that other wise might not have been touched.

peace be unto you
eutychus :wink:

rvhill

Why howdy y'all...
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 05:20:03 PM »

What ever choice they make will be God will. This why I said they should pray. There are things to learn from either Choice.

eutychus

Why howdy y'all...
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 06:37:41 PM »

Quote from: rvhill
What ever choice they make will be God will. This why I said they should pray. There are things to learn from either Choice.

i guess for even bad choices are used by God.

but here lies the fine line.

is it Gods will or his provedence that will allow them to make the wrong choice???

we really have to be carfull of the words we use.

but alas all is well, God is LOVE

his mercy endures from age to age.

peace
eutychus

love_magnified

Why howdy y'all...
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 06:43:52 PM »

James 1:13
Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.

It's sad that instead of praying and trusting the Lord to make a way, we kill our children instead.

mike

Why howdy y'all...
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 08:40:27 PM »

i have a hard time with the idea that "christians" would even consider killing their child

PIM

Why howdy y'all...
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 08:53:07 PM »

(Deu 12:8)  Ye shall not do after all the things that we do here this day, every man whatsoever is right in his own eyes;

(Deu 21:9)  So shalt thou put away the innocent blood from the midst of thee, when thou shalt do that which is right in the eyes of Jehovah.

There is temptation in the trial this couple faces.  I pray that God would provide them grace and wisdom that they may choose what is right in God's sight, according to His Word; and also strength to turn away from evil.

Pat

Sonia

Why howdy y'all...
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 06:50:42 AM »

Well said, Pat.

Sonia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.