bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New Primary Care Physician  (Read 10400 times)

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
New Primary Care Physician
« on: November 08, 2012, 08:54:49 PM »

got this in a email, enjoy!  :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
A: Heart only good for so many beats, and that it... Don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: Oh no. Wine made from fruit. Brandy distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Bottom up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?
A: Well, if you have body and you have fat, your ratio one to one. If you have two body, your ratio two to one.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?
A: Can't think of single one, sorry. My philosophy: No pain...good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?
A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food fried in vegetable oil. How getting more vegetable be bad?

Q : Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
A: Oh no! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
A: You crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
A: If swimming good for figure, explain whale to me.

Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?
A: Hey! 'Round' is shape!

Well... I hope this cleared up misconceptions you may had about food and diets.

And remember:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

AND.....

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans...

5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION:
Eat and drink what you like.
Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 12:46:22 AM by Stacey »
Stacey

John from Kentucky

Re: New Primary Care Physician
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 10:12:25 PM »

Finally, a thread on the Forum about food and health matters that I agree with.

Like Jesus said to His disciples when they asked Him about eating with unwashed hands, " It goes in one end and out the other."  Matt 15:17 and Mark 7:19  (Translated from the original Greek by JFK.   ;D)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 10:19:45 PM by John from Kentucky »

Patric

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 10:47:46 PM »

*smiles* good stuff...the medicine....is laughter!

onelovedread

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 09:30:43 AM »

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"
Stacey, that's the best statement I have ever seen you make on this forum ;D
That sounds as powerful and as sound a teaching as Ray's papers 8)Just jokingbefore you guys accuse me of blasphemy. :-[
Don't worry, be happy. That's the second thread that has made me laugh out this week and we know that laughter is the best medicine, right :D

Stacey

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 12:45:02 AM »

I didn't write any of it JohnChris, received it as it is posted here, in a email.  :)
Stacey

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 09:48:58 AM »

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

Looking at how Ray suffered and how many people suffer with cancers, diabetes and all sorts of debilitating metabolic diseases I'd bet that most of them if they could do it over would of taken much better care of their temples when they were younger.  Sow to the wind and reap the whirlwind.  That is applicable to the physical as well as the spiritual.  When your younger you can get away with bad nutrition but as you get older for most of us it catches up with you.

God has indeed predetermined your health through his foreknowledge and to that their is no argument.  But because I don't know the future I do the very best that I can to exercise, eat right, do various supplements, ect.  It is those very things that I do to take care of myself that God uses to give me good health.  For those that are sick and tired of being sick and tired it can usually be turned around but there is a price to pay for it.  How much do you want it?  I realise that this is a playful and fun email and not meant to be real serious but there are some serious ramifications, poor health and early deaths for folks who really pay zero attention to what they stick in their pie holes.

Stacey

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 11:21:11 AM »

You're right it is just for fun but you make some good points there Arion.

I recently watched a video, Fat sick and nearly dead. It has inspired me to get on that band wagon because I am fat sick and very disgusted with my current health situation. I'm at 270lbs and feel and look like a blimp. I have high blood pressure and am on the highest dose of pill according to my doctor. It's time to make a change, God willing, and it all starts November 20th, right before Thanksgiving.

Here is a link to the trailer to Fat sick and nearly dead or if anyone cares to see the whole film its free on hulu and netflix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv3vEXy_EwU

Really I just posted the email for JFK, knew he might appreciate it.  ;D

Stacey

cjwood

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 06:31:06 PM »

stacy, one time i was reading the obituaries in our local paper and one contained a statement very similar to the one you posted above.  i remember reading it and laughing because i had never read anything so funny in an obit before.  no matter if we follow after wisdom in taking care of our bodies as the temple of the Holy Spirit, or if we follow after our carnal desires and pay for it later in life, we will all go to the grave, unless we are alive when Christ returns.  and yes of course it would be best to do what we can to feed our "pie holes" only what is healthy and of nutritional value.  but sometimes, life gets in the way, and we lapse.  His will be done in all things.

thanks for posting it stacey.

claudia

John from Kentucky

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2012, 08:49:31 PM »

I thank God for all food nuts and fanatics.  They are a constant source of humor and laughter to me.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

They think if they get a handful of wild hickory nuts mixed in with a few blueberries, put this in a glass of fish oil and drink it down, then they will have physical health.  Unless of course they enjoy the concoction.  Any physical pleasure is bad.  They must suffer if the "health" food is to work properly.

I could make millions if I went on the internet, called myself Dr. JFK, and sold health nuts a jar of Kentucky mud, and told them this would cure everything if they ate it every day.  For best results, I could sell them a gallon of Kentucky mud, tell them to strip naked and smear the mud all over their body, and run down a street shouting A Rebel Yell.  I would make millions.

The greatest humor is provided by those few who know God is sovereign in all things.  That only God calls those who He wants to save, when He wants to save them.  And yet, some of them believe that they can control their physical health by what they eat, when they want to eat.  Meat, no meat.  Some meat, no red meat.  Eat fat, but no bread and potatos.  And of course cows milk is poison along with salt and the greatest Satanic substance of all time-----white sugar.

Like I said, a constant source of humor.   ;D

Jesus was sickly and had illnesses his entire physical life.  I guess if he ate bugs like His cousin John the Baptist He would have been healthy.  Unless of course, Jesus could only have been as intelligent as all the modern food fanatics.  Jesus could have been healthy if He ate the right foods.   8)

John from Kentucky

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 08:58:51 PM »

You're right it is just for fun but you make some good points there Arion.

I recently watched a video, Fat sick and nearly dead. It has inspired me to get on that band wagon because I am fat sick and very disgusted with my current health situation. I'm at 270lbs and feel and look like a blimp. I have high blood pressure and am on the highest dose of pill according to my doctor. It's time to make a change, God willing, and it all starts November 20th, right before Thanksgiving.

Here is a link to the trailer to Fat sick and nearly dead or if anyone cares to see the whole film its free on hulu and netflix.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv3vEXy_EwU

Really I just posted the email for JFK, knew he might appreciate it.  ;D

Thanks Stacey, I appreciated it greatly.

But Stacey, you're going to start a diet two days before Thanksgiving?   ??? ??? ???

I thought better of you than that.  Dr. JFK's advice is to start the diet (if that is where you're led) the Friday after Thanksgiving.  My advice is to eat a turkey leg and two slabs of pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving in order to give you the strength to endure the diet.

Best wishes on your health my friend.  Take care.  John

levycarneiro

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 08:32:28 AM »

The greatest humor is provided by those few who know God is sovereign in all things.  That only God calls those who He wants to save, when He wants to save them.  And yet, some of them believe that they can control their physical health by what they eat, when they want to eat.  Meat, no meat.  Some meat, no red meat.  Eat fat, but no bread and potatos.  And of course cows milk is poison along with salt and the greatest Satanic substance of all time-----white sugar.

Jesus was sickly and had illnesses his entire physical life.  I guess if he ate bugs like His cousin John the Baptist He would have been healthy.  Unless of course, Jesus could only have been as intelligent as all the modern food fanatics.  Jesus could have been healthy if He ate the right foods.   8)

JFK,

how do you see Ray having to eat very specific things, (plus all medicine pills) so he could be healthier and having lived a few more years and having blessed us all? Was he "controlling his physical health"?

God bless,
Levy

onelovedread

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 10:20:36 AM »

Guys, Guys,
C'mon, this thread was originally a joke and it's posted under Off Topic Discussions.
Why are some of us getting so scholarly and serious? If we want to go into serious discussion of diet and Ray, maybe we should start a new thread that probably would introduce more contributions. Let's not derail the humor of the thread ;D 8)

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 04:34:09 PM »

Guys, Guys,
C'mon, this thread was originally a joke and it's posted under Off Topic Discussions.
Why are some of us getting so scholarly and serious? If we want to go into serious discussion of diet and Ray, maybe we should start a new thread that probably would introduce more contributions. Let's not derail the humor of the thread ;D 8)

Ditto. 

The first bit was a bit of fun with as much to laugh AT that 'wisdom' as with it.  The second bit has a seed of truth in it, even though it reached a humorous and absurd conclusion.  Absurd conclusions shouldn't be taken seriously.  Let's not burden one another.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 04:38:24 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2012, 07:42:10 PM »

JFK,

how do you see Ray having to eat very specific things, (plus all medicine pills) so he could be healthier and having lived a few more years and having blessed us all? Was he "controlling his physical health"?

God bless,
Levy

The last time I spoke with Ray was on the telephone in August 2011.  We discussed many things.

One topic we discussed was health foods and supplements.  I told Ray I totally disagreed with him on all health matters, and I thought Dr. Steger was completely in error.  We talked back and forth on this.  We ended our discussion in peace and were in full agreement on this scripture in Romans 14:17  "For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit."

levycarneiro

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2012, 10:28:07 PM »

JFK,

God bless,
Levy

The last time I spoke with Ray was on the telephone in August 2011.  We discussed many things.

One topic we discussed was health foods and supplements.  I told Ray I totally disagreed with him on all health matters, and I thought Dr. Steger was completely in error.  We talked back and forth on this.  We ended our discussion in peace and were in full agreement on this scripture in Romans 14:17  "For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit."

Hello JFK, guys,

sorry for the unnecessary burden today. Still much to learn and understand in all matters, specially this one.

God bless you all and have an amazing week,

Levy

ez2u

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 12:29:07 AM »

the worst thing you can do for your body is to be under too much stress.  So write a little note and put it on your mirror  Jesus is in control of the day and people.  read often

Jacklalanne

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 11:25:55 AM »

Hi Stacey,
I just had to share your original post on this thread on my FB page...Hilarious! I also read your post regarding your goal to get in better shape and thought I might share my personal story as an encouragement for you:
I am a 63 year old male. As you can tell by my member ID, Jack Lalanne is a personal hero of mine as he wonderfully demonstrated that we can be/get fit at any age.
My story:
At 58 I was over-weight at 5'7" 216 lbs. On blood pressure meds (Ziac) My blood sugar ran between 275-350 daily and my A1C was 10+ When the Dr told me I was diabetic, I thought: "OK, no problem, they have medicine for that. I set about losing some of my weight, but did nothing else regarding exercise or dietarywise to control my diabetes or hypertension. In October of 2007 I met my wife. She was four years widowed. She told me about her former husband. He became diabetic, but like myself did nothing about it other than medication. In time he got to the point where he had to begin insulin shots. He lost his legs to the disease. He lost his vision to the disease. His kidneys shut down and he had to begin dialysis. He lost control of his bowels as a complication of diabetes. If you're thinking about now that it was a: "Here's your sign" "Come to Jesus" moment for me, you've pretty much got the picture. I owe my life to her. To say that conversation changed my life is not an exaggeration. I have not been on meds for either condition for two years now, have lost over 70lbs and am in the best shape I've been in my life. I'm excited about my progress as I was told by some "In the know" not to expect too much muscle gain at my age due to the "natural" depletion of HGH in my system. I didn't listen for one second, but set out to unleash my potential. I am a work in progress, always will be (in many ways) but still interested in cutting, sculpting, toning and bulking. I have another 5lbs to lose to reach my weight-loss goals, but wouldn't mind gaining a little if I can do it in the right places. The one message I would like to leave with you is: Don't listen to anyone who says you can't do it...If I can, you can.
BTW, If you are interested, I can tell you what permanent lifestyle-changes (I'm sure you already realize that simply "dieting" doesn't work) that I made to reach this point let me know and I will be happy to share and encourage any way I can. Peace, Russ

Stacey

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2012, 04:36:33 PM »

Hey Russ, nice to meet you! I really enjoyed your story and find it very encouraging. Congratulations on your success of getting in great physical condition and taking on a life style change for healthier living.

I don't know much about Jack Lalanne so I had to Google him and wow, what a life he lived. From just the wiki page on him it's easy to tell he was a ball of fire! One of the quotes mentioned there, 

He also dismissed warmups, calling them "shtick" and "something else to sell": "15 minutes to warm up? Does a lion warm up when he's hungry? 'Uh oh, here comes an antelope. Better warm up.' No! He just goes out there and eats the sucker."

that probably sums up very well how he lived on the daily basis; get up and go at it, the it being life.

For clarification, I am a 45 year old male. I have not had a "come to Jesus" moment exactly but definitely feel the "push" to make a serious adjustment in my health and fitness. I think just talking about it here is encouragement and induces to some degree a sense of accountability. Ive already mentioned my starting weight, my height is 5'10, so yeah I have a shape, the round kind,  :) but with intentions of changing that.

I'm gonna take measurements and pictures  :o along the way to track and record my progress. I promise not to post any bare skinned side photo's here mods, lol!

Thanks to everyone that has replied and if anyone has a success story to share, please post or PM.
Stacey

Jacklalanne

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 04:16:00 AM »

Hi Stacey,
Nice to meet you as well. I should have mentioned the taking pictures and measurements...I have before and afters on my fb page and while perhaps is a little narcissistic(sp), it is a great way to stay motivated and receive encouragement. And anything that helps us stay motivated is a plus.
Yes Jack Lalanne was a fascinating guy. I think the History Channel has an hour show about him on one of their links and I would think there are probably a number of YouTube vids as well.
Getting fit really is its own reward. When I pick up 75lbs now to do my kneeling bench rows and think that I used to carry at least that much extra around 24/7 it is amazing to think about. No wonder we feel so much better and have high energy levels when we shed the extra weight. I say Unleash your potential! Stay in touch and let me know how things are going. My PM addy is: hecame4u2@facebook.com
Kind Regards,
Russ

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 01:15:17 AM »

I'm gonna take measurements and pictures  :o along the way to track and record my progress. I promise not to post any bare skinned side photo's here mods, lol!

If you can blank out the naughty bits, it should be OK.   ;D
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.