bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Primary Care Physician  (Read 10399 times)

Gina

Re: New Primary Care Physician
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2012, 03:14:49 AM »

I love talking nutrition.  I'm a hobbyist at this point.  My daughter is raw vegan (not pushy about it at all) and now I'm looking into enzymes (which we lack as we age and I'm turning 48 soon) and how they are absolutely essential to good health. 

Now I'm on this kick of trying to incorporate more enzymes in the form of fruits and raw vegies into my diet.  It is amazing to not only see, but experience the difference in the way your body looks and functions when you're eating more raw fruits and vegies.  My favorite fruit just happens to be . . .
kiwi. ;)

Enzymes 101

Enzymes are things that God put in fruits and vegies.  Enzymes break down the food it is in and this makes digesting it (and meats and dairy) easier on our bodies

Anything containing enzymes and heated above 118 degrees is considered dead food since the vitamins and enzymes (that God put in the foods to break down its flesh to something more easily digestible) were cooked out if it.  (Nutritious as thorns and thistles, come to think of it.)   For instance, nuts.  Nuts are always roasted when you want to really bring out their flavor, but you can go into convulsions if you don't chew them (add enough saliva) enough before you swallow them.  Happened to my father in his 20s. 

When we're young our bodies produced enzymes in quantities we need to break down our food (if our bodies were in proper working order); not so as we age -- when we age we manufacture less enzymes. 

And I cringe when I think of how most of my meals were all cooked, so obviously I wasn't getting the nutrients I needed.  That's where the term "overfed and undernourished" comes from.  I was basically starving my body (not intentionally) potentially leaving me vulnerable to all kinds of diseases.   

Still, others aren't interested in eating healthy and I understand that too.  I'm not judging.  And I'm not saying a person has to be vegan to be healthy.  Lord knows I love a good prime rib steak (and I'm not apologizing for it) with a little dollop of horse radish on the ssssiiiiiide.

Dinner tonite:  raw smoothie of soaked cashews, spinach, and sliced banana and berries (with a side of egg salad).  Surprisingly I didn't have to choke down the smoothie--though it didn't help that it's soooo green.  I don't know why I don't like green food.  It's actually a very nice color.  I guess I don't like the way it looks at the end of my fork or in my smoothie.  I tend to think it should stay right where it came from -- out in a meadow somewhere where Bambi and Thumper can enjoy it.   ;-D
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 03:19:06 AM by Gina »

acomplishedartis

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2012, 04:47:04 AM »

I'm a hobbyist in nutrition at this point, as well.           (since a couple moths ago I got a little bit more informed... so now I have better idea of how little do I know)

A couple fruits and more raw veggies is a key factor for people at all ages. If this would be an habit for the majority, then not many would complain, I think it also has to do with the culture of the place. So, I guess that each should build his own food culture :)

mm, my favorite fruit is,, mamey

Now days, we have to be a little more aware of food habits because there is so much food out there that is not really food at all. I bet you can't even compare the types of foods that are on the market today with the type of foods on Jesus times. On the other side, even when I see people don't caring at all, I stay quiet, because I am not in control nor responsible of them and because I still make mistakes.

Gina, I enjoyed your post. I heard this recipe the other day that I thought it was a cool one (I haven't try it yet):  ''Lettuce Taco'' : Rather than using a 'tortilla' you put the beef on the lettuce (you can get some red lettuce), then you roll the lettuce, grab it--enjoy it... It might sounds silly, however, it's a good food combination since it helps digestion. I heard some taco places are already doing it.

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2012, 05:04:18 AM »

Well as a kiwi I thought I should reply about Gina's favourite fruit kiwi. Well then as a kiwi I don't actually like kiwi but I do like kiwi's even though they don't fly but they do live in every house down the street. Confused - I am. Of course kiwi here refers to the fruit, a bird and people that live here in New Zealand. My avatar picture is of a rather starved kiwi bird or is it me. Don't know if you have tried the Gold kiwifruit Gina but I prefer it over the green. A number of years ago I worked in a kiwifruit packing shed which may explain why I am not that keen on them. Bit like my brother who used to be quite a good chef but wouldn't cook for himself, after cooking fine cuisine he would have a hamburger from a fastfood place.

On the serious side of eating for me I eat more healthy now that I used to and generally feel a lot better now than I used to. Have always eaten a balanced diet but now is more towards healthy food as makes me feel better and have more energy. But as I see it there is a cause for our choices and we get to the point when we know we need to make some changes in our food choices. Well that's my view on it and seems to work for me and keep me from judging others. It's all God's will but when He created the cheese burger the Lord was well pleased and so was this kiwi. ;D

God bless to one and all

Rhys 8)
🤫

Gina

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2012, 05:33:45 AM »

Gina, I enjoyed your post. I heard this recipe the other day that I thought it was a cool one (I haven't try it yet):  ''Lettuce Taco'' : Rather than using a 'tortilla' you put the beef on the lettuce (you can get some red lettuce), then you roll the lettuce, grab it--enjoy it... It might sounds silly, however, it's a good food combination since it helps digestion. I heard some taco places are already doing it.

Thanks, Moises.  :)  That recipe is famous at PF Chang's (restaurant).  They call them lettuce wraps.  Yummy.   Every now and then I make wraps:   slices of turkey wrapped around pepperjack cheese.  Yummy-er.

That was a fun read Rhys.   Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Two in the year of our Lord - my first kiwi right here in California.  Good shtuff.  But boy are they funny looking?   God chuckled when He made the kiwi.  No, really!

acomplishedartis

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2012, 05:35:46 AM »

Thanks, Moises.  :)  That recipe is famous at PF Chang's (restaurant).  They call them lettuce wraps.  Yummy.   Every now and then I make wraps:   slices of turkey wrapped around pepperjack cheese.  Yummy-er.

I love turkey and I like lettuce.        It's very probably that I surely would enjoy wraps..      plus China's food is one of my favorites.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.