bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduction / A bit about myself  (Read 6274 times)

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Introduction / A bit about myself
« on: November 08, 2012, 11:27:43 PM »

Hi all. My name is Rhys and I come from New Zealand in a small town called Whakatane. Found out about the Bible Truths website after I left the Church (Babylon) and asked God to help me find somewhere on the Internet where God’s truth is taught and found the site one day as was searching. Was tough leaving church as was the worship leader playing guitar and singing and I no longer play the guitar which I quite enjoyed so miss that now, can’t seem to get the motivation to pick it up again.

I started reading Ray’s material and thought finally someone who puts all the pieces together. Have been reading Ray’s material for almost 2 years now and it has been a massive blessing to me as have always desired to come closer to God’s truth, of course this is God’s doing and not mine as it says in John 15:16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you. Have also been reading a lot of the information on the forum so feel I know a lot of you already. I thought of joining earlier but found it was best for me to keep on reading Ray’s material. I felt it was right to join now, as I feel isolated now as no longer have fellowship with the Christians. Have not found anything I disagree with in Ray’s papers in fact it sets my spirit on fire as God’s truth sets us free, always found in church it goes in to your head but not your heart. In the latter part of my church life I found afterwards when I got home I had to spend my own time in prayer to feel close to God (one would think I would of left a long time ago if I was doing this).

It’s wonderful from the teachings to experience the spiritual change as spiritually I have had a tough time in the past. I was involved overseas on the mission field in my early 20’s while still in the church and one day started to get these demonic attacks which occurred just before I went to sleep. I guess best described as drifting off to some other place instead of sleep. It involved feeling pinned down and paralysed in immense evil and seeing demons and being tormented in pain, on occasions I would feel like someone is pulling me off my bed only to realise I was being pulled on the side with the wall so couldn’t of been another person, would then wake up with finger marks on my arm. Other experiences include being hit with what feels like a piece of wood, chest pain, suicide thoughts (some more serious) and generally feeling awful during the day. I suffered for this for 15 years with around a 1000 attacks, I had deliverance and felt demons coming up and through my mouth but never seemed to fix the situation. I think the worst of it is feeling the spiritual life being sucked out of me and feeling empty of everything and more importantly empty of God with the feeling of even the Lord has deserted me in the time I need him most. For me it is hard to discuss this sort of stuff as many Christians can think they are more spiritual for this sort of wrestling against spiritual forces but not me, I wish it were all over after the first one. I would rather suffer in other ways than go through this (too many tears over a long period of time). Have spent many nights not wanting to go to sleep because of it and often I didn’t. I often prayed hours only then to suffer another attack, thought surely I’m right now I feel like Jesus is so close now how can the enemy still be there. I often got very angry with God and turned my back on him many times but praise God he draws me back. I soon learnt where else can you turn. Have not had these attacks now for 3 years but get the odd bad dream now and then that takes me back there in my mind.

I also have good times with God too so not all bad. Certain dreams in a much nicer place and times in prayer where God’s presence is very strong.

Coming to see now that God has his reasons for these things but still don’t understand it all. It has opened me up to spiritual things and I can say that Ray’s teaching is God’s truth as it goes in deep and feels pretty good when it hits the place it needs to even though certain things are hard to come to terms with I know it’s God’s truth and His Will will be done.

By the way these Christians who believe in hell and teach it to others I wish they went through what I went through that may change there tune. I can see why God would allow this suffering for a period of time to bring the change He wants but what’s the point in forever, just stupidity at the highest level.

I am sure I could go on and on about more things about myself but you have probably had enough of my ranting by now. Would like to ask some questions now and then but I generally find the answers in either Ray’s material or on the past forum discussions but if I do I am sure I will ask, hopefully they won’t sound to stupid.

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ  be with you all.

Rhys ;)
🤫

gregorydc

Re: Introduction / A bit about myself
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 12:12:25 AM »

Hello Rhys,
I used to have dreams of demons myself. Most of them when I was younger, until I was around 26 or 27.  None as physical as what you have described, thank God!  I pray all your attacks are done with, and that you find truth and peace here. Thank you brother for your honesty, may Gods love, and Grace protect you all your days.
Greg

Kat

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 12:17:42 AM »

Hi Rhys,

I'm glad you have joined us  :)
Well it's difficult, the evil, that we go through before we are brought to the truth. But I see it as a learning experience, we all have differing experiences so He will have an army that will have knowledge in all areas. I consider it a special blessing to have this place to come to, I hope you will enjoy the fellowship with us too. I find that the discussions among believers bring out a lot of truths, do join in.

Here are the links to our info and check out the forum rules, it will help you understand how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

General discussion board, this is to ask questions and discuss what is presented at the Bible-truths.com site.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,3.0.html

Child board for General discussion board - FAQ
(most frequently asked questions)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,23.0.html

Forum Indexes & Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Videos
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Ray's 2008 Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Transcripts of Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Off Topic board, this is to discuss things that do not directly relate to BT, you will find a good bit of humor here.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,4.0.html

child board on Off Topic board
Inspirationals, Writings, Poems, Etc.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,15.0.html

Testimonies / Prayer Requests / Fellowship board, this is mostly for personal posts.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,5.0.html

Child boards (only available to members) on Testimonies board
Who Am I? (members pics and other stuff)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

Members Recipes, for sharing recipes and food tips
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,22.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

JD

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 04:02:50 AM »

Hey Rhys,

Good to know there's more kiwi's being led down the narrow path of truth. Welcome to you brother. As you may know, there are several kiwi's here that I know of - my close friends Eric (Ch,ch) and Greg (whom I meet with in Akld,) - Heidi, Mike, Vaughan (hey bro) ...a few others..Haere mai! y'all.

As you well know, it's a dark, dark world outside and the truth is a welcome ointment to our daily troubles -  praise His name!

Brother - Don't be discouraged by your sufferings, they are worth enduring for this most high calling. One thing I too can testify to, is that these messengers of darkness hate us dwelling in the light of His Word!

Remain in His glorious truths.

Feel free to get in touch bro,

Many blessings - (and my prayers are with you)

Johnny

cherokee

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 08:38:09 AM »

Hey Rhys,

Welcome to the forum.

Blessings,
Suzie

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 12:13:54 PM »

Hi Rhys,

Welcome to the forum.  It's always a pleasure to hear from other like-minded believers.:)

Although I have never experienced anything close to the horrifying things you described in your introduction, I have known what it feels like to have that "pinned down and paralyzed" sensation when I was partially asleep.  It was a frightening experience because it felt like something was trying to overtake me.  I instinctively knew to call out to God to help me and was relieved when I felt released!  This sensation is known in the medical field as "Sleep Paralysis" but I when I experienced it, I felt there was more to it than something physiological. :-\

Anyway, glad to have you with us and if you start feeling isolated again, please feel free to reach out to your BT family. :)

René 

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 01:35:25 PM »

Demons attack me once and awhile.

Just say to yourself "that's not my thought" because most likely it's not.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 04:45:28 PM »

Welcome, Rhys.

I've had similar experiences and though I can honestly say I'm glad they stopped (many years ago, now), what followed was much more subtle.  So very glad you are finding real spiritual food in B-T. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Gina

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 02:43:17 PM »

I wrote Rhys privately but I just wanted to say welcome again, Rhys, openly.

I also told him how I had experienced that feeling of the devil creeping up my back at night when I'd fall to sleep -- but the experience was exactly what Rene said she experienced.  It'd start to happen and then as soon as I prayed to God (Please help me!) it would leave -- and it'd be gone!  It was the wildest thing.  That sleep paralysis thing  stopped shortly before or after coming to B-T, but I have not experienced that feeling in I don't know how long - probably at least 10 years.

God bless you, Rhys.  Again, I'm so glad you have joined us. :)

Peace to you and yours. :)
Gina

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 02:14:55 AM »

Hi again. Thanks for all your kind and encouraging comments and advice, it is a big help to me. I am enjoying learning more of God's truth everyday but still find some things to be a struggle, like a battle is been fought, but praise God I'm getting there, like Ray says it takes a lifetime. I guess I'm still a work in progress. I find this verse quite encouraging.

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 2 Corinthians 4:17

Blessings to each one.

Rhys :-\
🤫

jingle52

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 08:24:32 AM »

Oh My,
I would also like to welcome you Rhys and as I was reading your testimony, I couldn’t imagine the fear and horror that you must have experienced, 15 years is a long time! Thanks be to our Merciful Father that it has now stopped and your spiritual knowledge and trust in the Lord is growing daily.
Rene, Gina and Dave, I too experienced this pinned down feeling and some force trying to go down into my being through my mouth and enveloping my head as well, but while asleep and I would instinctively wake myself up and call out to the Lord for help and recite the “The Lord is my Shepard” and shout in my head that only the Lord God is Sovereign and nothing could hurt me over and over until this demon attack left me… but through God’s mercy, I did not have these every night, and also not for a long time now.
I never wrote of this and I never even told my family about it but would just lie there in my bed and pray until I fell back to sleep again. I found that after having read Ray’s testimony of thanking God while lying in bed for all His blessings I started doing the same and would feel so confident of His Love for me that these attacks occurred less and less…I wonder how many people here on BT have/had these fearful experiences?

May God strenghthen you each day.

indianabob

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 09:28:37 PM »

Hello and good day Rhys,
Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life. We are here to learn and to serve our brothers in Christ. It is a joy to greet and meet each and every new member and I would love to hear your questions or more of your personal experiences.
Please write often even if it is only a line or two.
Ole "indiana bob"
Plymouth, Indiana USA

Vera

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 01:29:54 AM »

Hello Rhys,
welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing. I have had similar experiences as well few years ago and I can tell it wasn't funny they lasted for about 3 years. Many times I thought I want live through the night, but Jesus was helping me to pray....
Its good to know Gods truth which set me free....
I'm thankful for His peace. God bless!
Vera from Canada. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.