bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Many mansions...  (Read 6765 times)

Jacklalanne

Many mansions...
« on: November 19, 2012, 10:25:50 AM »

When I read Greg's question regarding the "physical universe", what immediately came to mind for me was John 14:2 where Jesus stated: "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."
How are we to understand this statement?
BTW, I originally posted this as a response to Greg's question, then noticed the discussion was taking a different direction, so reposted as a "new topic". If I should have instead left it posted to "physical universe" thread, let me know. Thanks...
Regards,
Russ

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Many mansions...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 12:24:47 PM »

As with everything that Jesus taught, this scripture has a "spiritual" application.

John 6:63 - "The spirit it is that is giving life; the flesh doth not profit anything; the sayings that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life,"

Since "flesh and bones" (the physical body) does not inherit God's Kingdom, there would be no need for physical mansions in God's kingdom.

1 Cor. 15:50 - "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

A good bible study on this subject is Part 4 of the Lake of Fire series, "Understanding Spiritual Things," http://bible-truths.com/lake4.html.  Hope this helps.

René

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 03:55:18 PM »

Hi. Found this in Ray's emails so hope it helps as seems to answer it for me

Heaven/Death
« on: July 31, 2007, 03:30:41 PM »

Hi Ray
Please explain John chapter 14 verse 2 and tell me what it means

Now John 14:2--"In my Father's house are many mansions [Greek, abodes--same word translated abode in verse 23] : if it were not so, I would have told you, I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will COME AGAIN, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am [ON THIS EARTH, not heaven], THERE ye may be also...Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and COME AGAIN UNTO YOU..." (Also verse 28). What will happen to all the Believing Saints who have died over the centuries? When and where will they receive the "abodes in the Father's House?" They will live and reign as kings and priests with Jesus at resurrection (Rev. 20:4). "And has made us unto our God kings and priests: and WE SHALL REIGN ON THE EARTH" (Rev. 5:10). Our reward, our special office or abode in God's Kingdom is to SAVE THE REST OF HUMANITY.

God be with you,
Ray
God bless
Rhys
🤫

cjwood

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 06:04:34 PM »

oh those old emails to ray, and his responses!  they have been an almanac of information and inspiration to my soul time and time again.  thanks for kickin' this one back from '07 rys, our kiwi brother in Christ. 

claudia

Duane

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 12:25:58 AM »

I learned much from Ray and one of the most enlightening things was that:
Our earthly bodies are called "tents", "vessels", "temples" so being greater, our heavenly bodies are "mansions".
There are no suburbs in heaven that facilitate all of our mansions (yards, swimming pools, etc.)
"In MY Father's HOUSE are many MANSIONS".  Isn't that backwards?  If the mansions weren't referring to our heavenly bodies, which now makes sense, it would be like saying "in my Father's Store are many shopping malls"!  At very least "in My Father's Mansion fit many Houses"!  Selah!

gregorydc

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 07:57:37 AM »

I heard one time to split the word in two. Man - sion (zion)  so now Jesus is building Man - Sions where his Fathers House is. The Father dwells in us right, so wouldn't we be the Man-Zions? I don't know if its right, but it seemed to fit that scripture to me.
Greg

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 12:37:25 PM »

I heard one time to split the word in two. Man - sion (zion)  so now Jesus is building Man - Sions where his Fathers House is. The Father dwells in us right, so wouldn't we be the Man-Zions? I don't know if its right, but it seemed to fit that scripture to me.
Greg

I can just picture in my mind somebody coming up with that, Greg.   :D  The Greek word is  μονή monē.  It's used twice in the NT, both in the same chapter.  Once it's translated in the KJV as 'mansion', the other time as 'abode'.

I don't mean to nit-pick, but I think it's more the 'point' of this verse that we live in the Father than that the Father lives in us.  Still, these relationships of Father, Son and sons and daughters are so intimate and intertwined that it's needless intellectual surgery to try to analyze or seperate them.  As Ray put it, the bird is in the air, the air is in the bird.  The fish is in the water, the water is in the fish.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

levycarneiro

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 03:18:09 PM »

As with everything that Jesus taught, this scripture has a "spiritual" application.

John 6:63 - "The spirit it is that is giving life; the flesh doth not profit anything; the sayings that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life,"

Since "flesh and bones" (the physical body) does not inherit God's Kingdom, there would be no need for physical mansions in God's kingdom.

1 Cor. 15:50 - "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

A good bible study on this subject is Part 4 of the Lake of Fire series, "Understanding Spiritual Things," http://bible-truths.com/lake4.html.  Hope this helps.

René

Awesome René.

I used to wonder about what mansions are these that God is taking so long to build. Couldn't God just say "let it be"? :) (see Ray's video "Where did God's Wisdom come?")

Thought of adding a few verses too.

"Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock..." Matthew 7:24

"In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord..." Ephesius 2:21

"For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, {ye are} God's building. {husbandry: or, tillage}" 1 Corinthians 3:9

"For we know that if our earthly house of {this} tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
For we that are in {this} tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing {is} God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.
Therefore {we are} always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
We are confident, {I say}, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." - 2 Corinthians 5:1-8

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand from this we are the mansions. And also the other aspect is that the spiritual bodies we will receive are also the mansions or buildings, not made with hands.

God is forming us into His image. That's why it's taking so long, not because it's difficult but because it naturally requires time to create anything of value.

This email from Ray helped me a big deal to understand why God even being all powerful He still takes time to do some things:

http://bible-truths.com/email2.htm#why

In the end it's all very simple, all the symbols in the Scriptures. It's all God forming us into His image.

God bless!
Levy

levycarneiro

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 03:21:53 PM »

One more:

"And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner {stone};
In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit." - Ephesius 2:20-22

God will live in us and we in Him.

Kat

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 04:35:14 PM »

I think we have a number of good comparison to help explain what it will be like then, in glorious bodies apposed to what we have now. Like Paul called this body a tent, it's the barest of shelters for our spirit.

2Cor 5:1  For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

Even in the best of condition this physical body we have now is the meagerest of things, it's just temporary to get us where God intends us to be. When He has finished preparing us to bring us into the kingdom, that glorified body will be a mansion in comparison to what we have now.

John 14:2  In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you

His "Father's house" is the kingdom, what He is prepareing to be there is us, few now many later.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

levycarneiro

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 07:58:23 AM »

I don't mean to nit-pick, but I think it's more the 'point' of this verse that we live in the Father than that the Father lives in us.  Still, these relationships of Father, Son and sons and daughters are so intimate and intertwined that it's needless intellectual surgery to try to analyze or seperate them.  As Ray put it, the bird is in the air, the air is in the bird.  The fish is in the water, the water is in the fish.   

"Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit." (1 John 4:13)

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 01:35:44 AM »

Amen, Levy.

Joh 14:20  At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Eph 4:5,6  One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.