bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Symbolic Jonah  (Read 4187 times)

CEO

Symbolic Jonah
« on: November 25, 2012, 01:48:35 PM »

Hi

Reading Jonah, Jonah went to great lengths to avoid saving Ninevah.  If Jonah symbolizes Jesus and Ninevah the world, then did Jesus reluctantly come to earth as a man?

I have always imagined Jesus enthusiasticaly and with great gusto entered in to this great work of implementing the plan of God for man.  Knowing Jesus prayed earnestly that this 'cup be removed' and Ray's point that we barely have a clue as to what Jesus had to endure on the cross, was the sacrifice so great as to cause reluctance?

I also think of  writhing in pain and travail in Prov 8:24 describing the birth of wisdom by God,is this an epic which we all must fight?  I am reluctant.

Askseeknock

Charles O

mharrell08

Re: Symbolic Jonah
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 05:16:20 PM »

How does Jonah symbolize Jesus and Ninevah the world? The sign of Jonah that Jesus fulfilled was simply being in the heart of the earth for 3 days, not Jonah's entire ordeal or lack of empathy for Ninevah.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 04:10:53 AM »

Reluctance?  I don't think so.

Heb 12:2  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Enduring isn't 'enjoying'.  I read 'despising the shame' as either hating the fact that He was shamed or being an enemy of the shame (as in "I know exactly what I'm doing and no shame is going to stop me.")

Humanity?  I think so, and Ray covers it.  He knew it was going to be excruciatingly difficult, but like an athelete, He'll work through the pain for the gain (and for the team too.)

I think you're instinct is right.  He volunteered with gusto, and lived as a man with all it's weaknesses, emotions, and senses.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

CEO

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 12:19:33 PM »

Hi

You are two of the guys I listen to. 

Thanks

Charles O

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 01:04:45 PM »

JESUS CHRIST DID NOT POSSESS FREE WILL

...the thoughts, words, works, and deeds of Jesus were only those things that came directly from His Father...
   .http://bible-truths.com/lake15B.html

I love what Ray asks about....living YOUR life.

Could it be that you trust your OWN WILL living your life more than you would trust GOD'S WILL living your life?

I've thought about that question and the answer is positively liberation itself!

We know there's no such thing as, your OWN WILL...."In every case Scripture shows that it is God Who is behind the scene of all circumstances that influence and cause a man to make the one and only choice possible under any given circumstance" LOF 15

"For it is GOD which works in you both TO WILL and TO DO of His good pleasure" (Phil. 2 :13)

God, in every case, is the cause of thoughts, words, works and deeds. ~  8)

Jesus Himself, declared this Truth.

Jesus did no more have a "free will" than anyone else does: L Ray Smith LOF 15

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.