bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just couldn't resist  (Read 4470 times)

onelovedread

Just couldn't resist
« on: November 28, 2012, 09:23:50 AM »

COMPLETE AND FINISHED
No English dictionary has been able to adequately explain the difference between these two words.
In a recently held linguistic competition held in London, England, and attended by the best in the world, Samsundar Balgobin, a Guyanese man from Bachelors Adventure, was the clear winner with a standing ovation which lasted over 5 minutes.
The final question was: How do you explain the difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED in a way that is easy to understand. Some people say there is no difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED.
Here is his astute answer.... when you marry the right woman, you are COMPLETE. When you marry the wrong woman, you are FINISHED. And when the right one catches you with the wrong one, you are COMPLETELY FINISHED!
He won a trip to travel the world in style and a case of 25 year old Eldorado Rum.

levycarneiro

Re: Just couldn't resist
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 09:02:20 PM »

Ah the marriage! :)

I understand now why God drags us to marry (bait) and then beat us to death (of our self). God forming us into His image ;)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 02:33:45 PM »

Hi Levy,

I regret to admit it, but "drags us to marry" is usually or perhaps always correct.
It would be wonderful if most women could come to understand the male phyche well enough to realize that most men would be content to remain single and roaming the landscape on their own if it was left up to them.
Perhaps then they would approach the married state with their own husbands a little differently. Perhaps they would understand that even a tamed beast retains its natural instincts and must be well fed and cared for as long as it lives and not exposed to temptations that it is NOT equipped to resist; apart from God's spirit.

Women, please let us have your viewpoint on this situation. (smile)
Thanks, Indiana bob

levycarneiro

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 08:44:35 PM »

Nicely put my friend :)

While singles, we wanted to be with someone so bad (we exercise patience, etc). When married, we are faced with the most challenging thing in our lives: a battle to kill yourself everyday (altruism vs egocentrism). One way or the other, God have us right where He wants, the Potter breaking us anew.

God bless!
Levy

Kat

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 10:09:29 AM »

Hi Bob, maybe a few women do understand that  :)

I think that marriage maybe is a very faulty way that God is using to show us what unity should not be like. We know that when we will obtain unity/oneness with God in the marriage to Jesus Christ it will be the most wonderful thing ever. So now we are getting a taste of the dark physical side of unity, so we will more appreciate the right heavenly side of it then.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 10:32:25 AM by Kat »

onelovedread

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 03:07:10 PM »

Kat
While I totally agree with your point, I do believe that there can be a reasonably good match in human marriage, where a man can find the right woman and a woman can find the right man, and both can remain faithful to each other for life.
I think, though, that it's rare in today's world, but not non-existent.
I guess I'm not completely cynical.

Kat

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 06:12:22 PM »

I believe it too John. I thinking we all must go through rocky periods, but here is one rare example for you, I am married to a faithful (and I have been faithful) man. God prepared someone that I needed, that would deal rightly with me and who I could deal with as well  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Gina

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 01:26:46 AM »

Bob,

I love what you wrote.  It's like seeing you with a whole new set of eyes. 

Your favorite song is ... "Don't fence me innnn... la la de daaahhh...  "  I know that tune well.

My thoughts on how you men , er, "beasts" behave are this: 

I thank God almighty that I am fortunate to be able to support myself and pay my own bills.  I thank God that I am not dependent on a man to provide for me other then those men who were kind enough to give me a job so that I can work.  (It's a good job too.  I work for and with wonderful, patient, hardworking and very caring men (and women) ) who pay me very well and never abuse or mistreat me and they always say things like, "No, after you!"  and "Wow!  Thanks!  That was fast!"  and  "Here's hundreds of dollars in gift cards - Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday, and Professional Staff Appreciation Day!

I thank God that I live in a country (after reading about what happened in Afghanistan to a 14 year old girl who refused a man's marriage proposal [beheaded]) that doesn't force me to marry anyone that I don't desire to; especially a beast - lol

I thank God every day that I've got good friends like my friend Gail and my friend Karlea who keep me company.  I thank God for my daughters who are so well behaved and good mannered.

But mostly, I thank God for bible-truths.com.  I thank God for working through Ray Smith who then showed me the things that (as Ray put it) God can do with dung.

Muaaaahhh!!

I love you all and I feel extremely honored and blessed to be a part of this B-T family.

God Bless you all.

p.s.  Kat, I love your posted reply.

Gina

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 02:28:29 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.