bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Why did God take so long to create everything?  (Read 26224 times)

levycarneiro

Why did God take so long to create everything?
« on: November 30, 2012, 12:24:27 AM »

Hello guys,

did Ray ever commented further on these ideas?

"[Why did the Lord make them?]  Well I don’t know.  I’ll tell you something else I don’t know why did He take so long to do this?  I have some ideas, but I’m not going to put those out until I have a couple more years to meditate on it."

From Nashville 2008 Conference (Creation).

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Why did God take so long to create everything?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 12:53:31 AM »

I'm not sure in so many words.  He did say in the follow up that, while nothing is impossible for God, that doesn't mean things weren't almost impossible. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

levycarneiro

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 01:21:45 AM »

Thanks Dave. I believe this phrase was from the video on the origin of God's wisdom.

Thanks!

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 06:23:39 AM »

Perhaps time is just a figment of our physical existance.  What seems as ages to us is nothing to God.

Craig

levycarneiro

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 09:42:09 AM »

Perhaps time is just a figment of our physical existance.  What seems as ages to us is nothing to God.

Craig

Good point, "1 day is 1000 days to God". This is very mysterious to me, as if we believe God took a long time to birth Wisdom, maybe we can assume that He would really take a long time to create the Universe too. Or maybe we can't really.

Just conjectures obviously. Anyway this verse is a good one, and I hope to learn more about it someday :)

Kat

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 09:59:18 AM »

Well to me the physical existence is for the experience we gain from it. Something that happens quickly may soon be forgotten, but when you have to experience it for a length of time it tends to stick in your brain more. So I think it is taking so long so as to make this all a more memorable experience.

But then again with the idea of eternity this creation is not really a long time. Even in the time that there has been a creation (13.75 billion years old) the human race has been here only a very short part of that time. Here is something I found on the internet that help you understand how long the human race has been here.

Here's an example to demonstrate the length of time that human beings have existed when compared to the time from Earth's formation:

Observe the length of your arm from your shoulder to your fingertips. This will represent geologic time; the time from the formation of the Earth. Run a fingernail file across the end of the fingernail of your longest finger. You have just erased the period of time in which Homo sapiens has existed.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

levycarneiro

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 10:08:38 AM »

Well to me the physical existence is for the experience we gain from it. Something that happens quickly may soon be forgotten, but when you have to experience it for a length of time it tends to stick in your brain more. So I think it is taking so long so as to make this all a more memorable experience.

But then again with the idea of eternity this creation is not really a long time. Even in the time that there has been a creation (13.75 billion years old) the human race has been here only a very short part of that time. Here is something I found on the internet that help you understand how long the human race has been here.

Here's an example to demonstrate the length of time that human beings have existed when compared to the time from Earth's formation:

Observe the length of your arm from your shoulder to your fingertips. This will represent geologic time; the time from the formation of the Earth. Run a fingernail file across the end of the fingernail of your longest finger. You have just erased the period of time in which Homo sapiens has existed.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Wonderful example! Thanks! :)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 05:30:55 PM »

IMO, if God has a natural way of doing things, He uses it even if it takes billions of years (remember how Ray talked about God being patient?).

But sometimes He needs a miracle.

God cannot lie. So what you see in the universe and on this planet is the truth. It took billions of years to get here.

levycarneiro

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 05:52:46 PM »

IMO, if God has a natural way of doing things, He uses it even if it takes billions of years (remember how Ray talked about God being patient?).

But sometimes He needs a miracle.

God cannot lie. So what you see in the universe and on this planet is the truth. It took billions of years to get here.

Got you, this must be God's natural way of doing things. It took billions of years, I believe that.

What do you mean by needing a miracle sometimes?

bluzman

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 07:27:28 PM »

Craig

I agree, but I do wonder if what we think is just the opposite of how God is  sustaining all.
Bluzman
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 08:50:38 PM by Dave in Tenn »

bluzman

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 07:30:02 PM »

Sorry that I posted my quote incorrectly. Bluzman

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 08:18:03 PM »

Just that, sometimes that's the best option, like parting the Red Sea.

That's a big miracle but I suspect there are millions of small miracles everyday, like planting thoughts in our head that substantially change our direction in life (like finding this site).

levycarneiro

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 08:26:15 PM »

Just that, sometimes that's the best option, like parting the Red Sea.

That's a big miracle but I suspect there are millions of small miracles everyday, like planting thoughts in our head that substantially change our direction in life (like finding this site).

Got it, awesome :)

dave

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 10:21:13 AM »

Craig

Yeah, I like that "perhaps." :)

dave

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Huuumm Good!

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 08:28:28 PM »

Like Dennis said, lets not forget patience and longsuffering.
Neither one of these attributes of God wouldn't mean anything without a great passage of time.
Compare the longest time you had to wait for something you really wanted compared to God waiting for the salvation of his children.
Big difference!
Has anyone ever considered we will have to wait for an equally long time or something similar?
If ruling and reigning in the kingdom means having the responsibility to save others how long will that process take?
Has this crossed anyone's mind?
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

levycarneiro

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 09:13:42 PM »

Neither one of these attributes of God wouldn't mean anything without a great passage of time.
Compare the longest time you had to wait for something you really wanted compared to God waiting for the salvation of his children.
Big difference!
Has anyone ever considered we will have to wait for an equally long time or something similar?
If ruling and reigning in the kingdom means having the responsibility to save others how long will that process take?
Antaiwan

Good catch, never thought about that.

Not to be Captain Obvious, but more and more I see there's something special about Patience.

"Knowing {this}, that the trying of your faith works patience.
But let patience have {her} perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. " James 1:3-4

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 09:30:22 PM »

You know Levy, Captain Obvious has a pretty cool cape and a nice shield for dodging bullets!LOL
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Gina

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 10:36:31 PM »

Big difference!
Antaiwan

That is a great question, Antaiwan.  It's a very high calling.  I would imagine it would take as long as it takes.  I think of Paul and everything he went through with the shipwrecks and imprisonments, stonings, the churches, the messenger of Satan to buffet him, and still he was of the opinion that they were all light and momentary afflictions.  That was some patience that was working in Paul!

levycarneiro

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 11:14:00 PM »

You know Levy, Captain Obvious has a pretty cool cape and a nice shield for dodging bullets!LOL
Antaiwan

LOL
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 23 queries.