bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: As It Was In the Days of Noah - Luke 17:26  (Read 28286 times)

mharrell08

Re: As It Was In the Days of Noah - Luke 17:26
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2012, 06:28:42 PM »

I was just looking into the same matter as Claudia, at how the word for 'given into marriage' is used. It doesn't seem that Christ is referring to homosexuality at all.

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2012, 12:18:30 AM »

I don't see the homosexual connection in that portion of scripture.
Abraham lived some five hundred years after Noah, when it was time for Isaac to marrying, Abraham sent his servant to "take" a wife (Rebekah) from the family of his brother Nabor.
Genesis 24:4-But thou shalt go unto my country, and to my kindred, and take a wife unto my son Isaac.

If someone is taking, usually someone else is giving.
When it came time for Jacob to marry, he went to his uncle Laban to take a wife. Laban tricked him using Leah, instead of Rachel.
Genesis 29:19- And Laban said, it is better that I give her to thee, than that I should give her to another man: abide with me.
26: And Laban said, It must not be so done in our country, to give the younger (Rachel) before the firstborn.(Leah)

Joel

Gina

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2012, 12:19:16 AM »

Hey everyone,

Thanks for taking an interest in this thread.  There are some excellent points in the responses.

I have to agree with you Marques and Claudia for the time being. 

As far as it concerning gay marriage, Jesus mentioned marriage in the days of Noah; however, He mentions nothing about marriage re the days of Lot.

TheTruth, I am especially intrigued by what you said re "they will say peace and safety" and the reference to 9/11.  I don't know.   I think that's a bit of a reach.

I think the main thing that Jesus was getting at was that we need to always be on alert, remain faithful to the end, don't attempt to save your life (by storing up treasure here) but "lose your life."  Do not go the way of the world. 
All the events Jesus listed out were in answer to the Pharisees asking when the Kingdom of God would come, and Jesus said, the KIngdom is in you.  It's not "out there."

Some additional things that occurred to me as I was reading through all your responses:  When exactly are the days of the Son of Man?  Are they necessarily "end times"?  Are they not in the life of each and every believer in every generation?  Regardless, the time that these things occur is "at night" (when it's dark).  And that's a parable.  Paul told the Thessalonians they wouldn't be taken by surprise:

1Th 5:2  For you yourselves know accurately that the day of the Lord comes like a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3  For when they shall say, Peace and safety! Then sudden destruction comes on them, as travail upon a woman with child. And they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4  But you, brothers, are not in darkness, that the Day should overtake you like a thief.
1Th 5:5  You are all the sons of light and the sons of the day. We are not of the night, or of darkness.
1Th 5:6  Therefore let us not sleep as the rest do, but let us watch and be calm.

Journey, I especially want to thank you for your contribution. 

Thank you all very much. :)

God bless you and keep you.

Gina

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2012, 12:48:28 AM »

Some additional things that occurred to me as I was reading through all your responses:  When exactly are the days of the Son of Man?  Are they necessarily "end times"?  Are they not in the life of each and every believer in every generation?  Regardless, the time that these things occur is "at night" (when it's dark).  And that's a parable.  Paul told the Thessalonians they wouldn't be taken by surprise:

1Th 5:2  For you yourselves know accurately that the day of the Lord comes like a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3  For when they shall say, Peace and safety! Then sudden destruction comes on them, as travail upon a woman with child. And they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4  But you, brothers, are not in darkness, that the Day should overtake you like a thief.
1Th 5:5  You are all the sons of light and the sons of the day. We are not of the night, or of darkness.
1Th 5:6  Therefore let us not sleep as the rest do, but let us watch and be calm.

http://bible-truths.com/email11.htm#preterist

And a quote, as best I remember it.  Futurists deny the past, Preterists deny the future.  Both deny the present.

The Gospel of the Kingdom is:  Many are called, few are chosen.  The Kingdom is within.   

Right or wrong, I'm no longer looking for 'signs of the times' in the world.  I've seen the 'signs of the times' in the church and during my time in it.  That's been going on for 2000 years, and is just the latest installment of what's been going on since Adam.  God knows what He's doing, and does what He intends.  It's easier and easier to "be calm". 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:23:02 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

cjwood

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2012, 08:14:22 PM »

As far as it concerning gay marriage, Jesus mentioned marriage in the days of Noah; however, He mentions nothing about marriage re the days of Lot.

i have enjoyed this thread.  it caused me to go to the Scriptures for understanding.

i pulled gina's comment from her post out because i wanted to clarify that just because Jesus didn't mention marriage regarding the days of lot, doesn't mean marriages weren't going on.  just like in the nt when one of the apostles would mention some specifics that happened during Jesus' life and death, and another apostle might not mention those specifics.  it doesn't mean they didn't take place.

just wanted to mention that.

claudia

« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 04:21:31 PM by cjwood »

Gina

« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2012, 08:56:54 PM »

Good catch Claudia.  My point in saying that was because if gay marriage were the  issue, then certainly Jesus would have mentioned marriages concerning the days of Lot -- because of the obvious.  But since He didn't mention it with regards to the days of Lot, it be can be deduced that gay marriage isn't the issue.  Hopefully that makes sense now.

:)

zvezda

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2012, 01:23:54 AM »

Just some thoughts about the different things Jesus mentioned for the days of Noah and days of Lot -

------------------------------------------------------
the sin of Sodom (i.e. the days of Lot):

Ezekiel 16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

all the sins mentioned in Ezekiel are not related to marriages, maybe that's why Jesus didn't mention marriages for the days of Lot?
their sins were "pride, fulness of bread", sounds like they were wealthy, so it makes sense that Jesus said they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built.

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

they probably did commit the sin of homosexuality (or whatever "going after strange flesh" means), but if they didn't legalize gay marriage, then there's no reason for Jesus to mention marriages, is there?

------------------------------------------------------

the days of Noah:

Genesis 6:5  And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
Genesis 6:11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
Genesis 6:12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

they were having evil thoughts continually, does that mean they were sinning when they were eating, drinking, getting married, giving in marriages? (it's sort of like what people are doing in Las Vegas - eating, drinking, getting married impulsively)

Jesus didn't mention they bought, they sold, they planted, they built, is it because the earth also was corrupt and filled with violence (genesis 6:11) that they could hardly do those things?

As I recall our conversation was about the tribulations in the end time and also what seems to be a normal lifestyle with getting married, etc. How can both be true at the same time? Ray never told me if he figured it out.

same question for the days of Noah, the earth also was corrupt and filled with violence (genesis 6:11), it looks like a war zone to me, how could they still have a normal lifestyle? don't know either.

chav

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2012, 06:15:59 AM »

Hi this is taken from Johnathan Mitchell's version

26. "Also, correspondingly as (just as; accordingly as) it was birthed (happened; occurred) within the days of Noah, in this way (thus) it will also be – within the days of the Son of the Man:

27. "they were eating, they continued drinking, they kept on marrying, they were habitually given (or: taken out) in marriage – until which day Noah entered into the ark, and then the down-washing (flood; cataclysm) came and destroyed them all.

I have looked at several translations and I think any link with gay marriage appears pretty tenuous

Dave

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2012, 03:20:24 PM »

Concordant: "They ate, they drank, they married, they took out in marriage, until the day on which Noah entered into the ark, and the deluge came and destroys them all."

King James: "They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all."

Strong's says "married" could be either sex, so "wives" was added (Concordant is correct).

But the second "marriage" is applied only to daughters.

There could be a little wiggle room, but probably not.

rsks

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2012, 04:12:51 PM »

That's how I took it too Dave in Tennessee.  It seems all will be a surprise to the world when Christ comes back.  "Like a thief in the night".

Nice thread guys.  Lot's to think about.  I kinda suspect like Ray, that the second given, has a special meaning behind it.

Thanks everyone.

G. Driggs

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2012, 09:58:39 AM »

Quote from: rsks
That's how I took it too Dave in Tennessee.  It seems all will be a surprise to the world when Christ comes back.  "Like a thief in the night".

Nice thread guys.  Lot's to think about.  I kinda suspect like Ray, that the second given, has a special meaning behind it.

Thanks everyone.

Agreed. Seems the emphasis of "as in the days of Noah" is surprise or unexpectedness. And it comes down to "many are called and few are chosen". The many being the majority of the wicked in that land, the few being Noah and his family.

http://www.bible-truths.com/rapture.htm

Is the writer suggesting that this Scripture contradicts the idea that Christ's coming is as a thief? That if some should be "watching," then they will not be surprised when Christ comes? Such an idea is not logical or sound reasoning. Let me attempt to state this idea clearly. Can we agree on the fact that Jesus did not lie when He said: "Now, concerning that day and hour no one is aware, neither the messengers of the heavens, nor the Son; except the Father only" (Matt. 24:36)? Okay then, no one knows when Christ will return. So, even if one is watching, he still will not know when He will return! The very fact that someone would be "watching" is proof positive that he DOESN’T known when the return occurs.

Those "not watching" probably don't even believe Christ is going to return. They will be surprised when it happens. Those who "are watching" believe the Christ is going to return, but neither do they know when He will return. The figure of the thief represents the unexpectedness of His coming--nothing else. If one knows the exact hour that a guest is to arrive at his home, he doesn't need to sit by the window watching for days or weeks. If he knows the exact hour, he could, in fact, set his alarm clock and go to sleep. Here's another point from this figure of a thief. It's a minor point, but nevertheless, a point. Matt. 24 not only states that no one will know when our Lord will return, but it even further suggests that it will be at a time considered the most unlikely. Notice it: "... for in an hour which you are not supposing, the Son of Mankind is coming" (Verse 44).

Consider also, that if Christ wanted to give a figure of speech that represents the day of the Lord (rather than His actual "appearing"), then "as a thief" would be totally inappropriate.

The Day of the Lord represents: Vengeance, Wrath, Indignation, Fire, Gloominess, Darkness, Clouds and Murkiness, Mourning, Devastation, War, Pain, Suffering, and Death--wholesale DEATH. One might choose to represent such evil, A Monster, Satan, a Devil, A Wild Beast, or some such thing, but not a "thief.". Our Lord doesn’t even suggest that it is "an armed robber or thief"--just "a thief." A "thief" is not in the least representative of the horrors of worldwide pain, suffering, fear, and slaughter. A "thief" is about as analogous to or representative of these unprecedented horrors and carnage of most of the human race as a teddy bear or a rubber ducky would be. And that’s why God does use Monsters, Wild Beasts, demons, and Satan himself, as the personification of the greatest evils in history, not "a thief"!

If Christ’s actual return and appearing in great glory is not a thing of darkness, gloominess, and negativism, how then does Christ return to this Earth "as a thief," or "as a thief in the night?" We don’t need to use human reasoning or speculation, many Scriptures tell us exactly how His return is "as a thief." Christ returns to this Earth is as a thief in that no one will know when He will return. The time of His return, is unexpected. And that is the only way in which Christ comes as "a thief." Not one of these Scriptures (which fully and simply explain the figure of a thief), mentions one word about the "ominousness" of the dark and gloomy day as the reason for the figure of a thief. Here are the Scriptures:

"... if the householder were aware in what watch the thief is coming, he would watch ..." (Mat. 24:43). But he didn’t know when and neither will anyone else know when He returns.

"Now, concerning that day and hour no one is aware, neither the messengers of the heavens, nor the Son ..." (Mat. 24:36).

"For even as the days of Noah, thus shall be the presence of the So of Mankind. "...for as they were in the days before the deluge ... and did not know till the deluge came ..." (Mat. 24:37-39).

"Be watching, then, for you are not aware on what day your Lord is Coming" (Matt. 24:42).

"... for in an hour which you are not supposing, the Son of Mankind is coming" (Mat. 24:24-44).

"... for you are not aware when the lord of the house is coming ..." (Mk 13:35).

"Not yours is it to know times or eras ..." (Acts 1:7).

"I shall be arriving on you as a thief, and under no circumstances will you be knowing what hour I shall be arriving" (Rev. 3:3).

There we have eight separate Scriptural explanations as to why and how Christ returns as a thief, and not one of these Scriptures connects a thief with the ominousness of gloominess, darkness, and the like. Christ does not return as a thief because it is gloomy out. He does not return as a thief because He will come in the middle of the night. And He does not come as a thief because that He, Himself, is a thief. No, none of these. He comes as a thief, unexpectedly. That’s it. We don’t know when. All eight verses pinpoint the one aspect of unexpectedness! 

Seems so many in the world are expecting the world to end on Dec. 21st midnight. All I wanna know is will that be midnight EST?  :P

the truth

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2012, 01:02:26 PM »

Hello,
Just for a thought! quote.....
Seems so many in the world are expecting the world to end on Dec. 21st midnight. All I wanna know is will that be midnight EST?.......  hehe.

First to say, I am only using your quote diggs to express a thought.I marvel how puny men view the scripture as if they know what it will tell verses what it want tell you.
For example,The scripture say "know one knows the day or hour"Remember the rule NO scripture is of its own private interpertation?It seems to me if we look at these versesin Matt-24-29-44. I have all the reason to believe I should know his coming.

v-29-31-When is this AFTER the tribulation of those days.So if I understand Daniel 70-weeks I would then be able to come to understanding of a time period .And since we are at the door step of the middle of Daniel 70 week.The great tribulation! verse 30 says the signwhat is the sign for?Why does he say that ?If no one knows the day or hour?What good is a sign if no one knows there is one?

V-30-"SOUND OF A TRUMPET" if we really believed the Scripture -Matt-5-17-19 that would be a great help!!!Because then we would realize not only the obvious but also a key to understanding his return As the reigning Messiah.Does the re-newed covenant....aka "new" do a word study on that...means to renew.Does the renewed Covenant Quote old testament verses .from Isa-419-times,ps-414 times,gen-260 times,ex-250,Deu-208,Eze-141,Dan-133,Jer-125,Lev-107,Num-73 times if they are not relevent to the renewed coveant?If "Yeshua" used it to teach from as well as Paul then it should be good enough.If we say no" Torah"Then is Adultery fair game?We can pick and choose which ones we accept and which ones we will do?Do we not rip the rainbow out of the sky today because we think its pretty or we believe we can trust our creator in a covenant.Is that not the greatest lOVE story ever told how he died on the cross to remarry his bride.Paul calls it the great mystery!

v-34-question when does this generation pass away?Lk-24-44...iF YOU BELEIVE that verse ..You would know that Zech speaks of many things that have to be fullfilled  during the Milli-um reign.So could v-34 refer to the new heaven and new earth?v-35".Heaven and earth will pass away".SO ARE WE TO BELIEVE THAT THE NEW HEAVEN  AND NEW EARTH.... Rev-21-1.Will pass away?Sure hope not!thus he states in v-36 -"But of that day"I think his speaking of the new heaven and new earth day.Since we know he has a order there is some work to be done after the White throne judgement to be all in all.Who knows how long it will take to complete that work?Only God!And again whats the sign for ?Then in verse 37 he picks back up with his thought of the coming of the Son of Man.

verse 43-44 also tell me I should know something..."Therefore you also be ready"THE Scripture says 1Thess 5-1-5 we should know!As well if we believe 1 Cor 2-10-13.

I want to say I already know how this will go over with most trust me on that.The point of my post is lets stop putting God in a box on what we THINK HE WILL SHOW US VERSES WHAT HE WILL SHOWS US IF WE ARE TRULY CHILDREN OF LIGHT. WE WILL NOT BE CAUGHT AS A THIEF!

DOES "PEACE AND SAFETY"  ring a lot louder after the events of the school shootings?Its interesting to me that some are taking down the Christmas  decorations and saying they don't even feel like celebrating Christmas..Praise God!Could that be the whole point of the events.REPENT!!!!!!

LETS STOP TAKING AWAY HIS WORDS WHEN HE SAYS NOT ONE JOT OR TITEL WILL PASS!!!tHE CHURCH ON EVER CORNER DOES IT BY TAKING AWAY THE OLD TESTAMENT.AND OTHER DO IT AS WELL WITH THIER.... .New COVENANT.Again I will not respond to trying to convince anyone of what I see the Scripture teach.

I ALSO WILL SAY HE COMES AS A THIEF TO THOSE WHO ARE NOT CHILDREN OF LIGHT BECAUSE THEY DONT KNOW HIS RETURN !MATT -16-3!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 01:24:17 PM by the truth »

eggi

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2012, 03:55:18 PM »

Hi the truth,

I just can't see this the way you see it. If you please, could you explain this passage (using the word "renewed").

Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man. For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer. For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law: Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount. But now hath he obtained a more excellent (renewed?) ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better (renewed?) covenant, which was established upon better (renewed?) promises.
For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second (the renewed?). (Would you renew something that had fault?)

For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new (renewed?) covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

For this is the covenant (the renewed?) that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
In that he saith, A new (renewed?) covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2012, 04:52:13 PM »

I'm not about to tackle that whole post, thetruth.  But let me use one statement of yours as an example.  You said, "If we say no" Torah "Then is Adultery fair game?"

The NEW that Jesus preached is this:

Mat 5:27,28  Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery (one of the 10 commandments):
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

The NEW reaches into the heart.  Not only is it not "fair game" to commit adultery, but it's no longer 'fair game' to look on a woman to lust because THAT IS committing adultery in the heart.  That wasn't in the law for those who did not have a heart, eyes, and ears to receive it.  If you can imagine a situation where a man commits the sexual act of adultery without already having committed it in his heart, then I'm stumped to understand.  Can you imagine a man who does not physically commit adultery but does so in his heart?  I imagine MOST men have been guilty of that.  Almost all.  And those who haven't, still get caught in another.  Neither of those is "fair game" NOW.

Indeed, for those with eyes, ears and a heart to believe, this 'adultery' is not just sexual, but Spiritual.

It's actually those seeking to follow the Old Covenant letter who have to (are forced to) pick and choose!  There IS NO MORE TEMPLE to conduct sacrifice.  Yet even the most ardent of 'old covenant' believing christians is able to understand that the sacrifice of Christ fulfills all the requirements of the law concerning sacrifice.  Why then is it so difficult to see that the ministry, life, death, resurrection and return of Christ fulfills ALL the law and prophets? 

Does that leave us free to whore around and commit adultery?  NO...WE are not even to commit adultery IN OUR HEARTS!  Why not?  Because Moses said not to?  NO, because Jesus said not to.  New Covenant believers are not to practice any number of sins.  Why not?  Because it says so in Leviticus?  No, because it says so in the Epistles. 

Ray teaches differently on the meaning of the "thief in the night".  He teaches differently on the distinction between the New and the Old Covenants.  And he devoted very little attention to the physical 'end of the age'. 

You've been warned privately and publicly about the rules of this forum.  How many times must it happen?  Teach all you want, only elsewhere. 

« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 05:01:47 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2012, 05:17:47 PM »

This thread is kind of an experiment to see if people can discuss without teaching or arguing.

It's starting to fail.

Gina

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2012, 05:21:08 PM »

This thread is kind of an experiment to see if people can discuss without teaching or arguing.

It's starting to fail.

I second that.

Gina

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2012, 05:23:58 PM »

It could be said
that this thread
is having
a "bad hair day"

;)  ;D :-*

Let's try this:   :-X

thetruth

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2012, 07:23:52 PM »

Hello Dave,
I will say this Dave.
1.I did not say we are to have a temple sacrifice today. I do believe he fullfilled the temple sacrifice  on the cross!Where does it say we are to not Acknowleadge the feast?
2.Dave ,I have a Scripture that says this :

Mat 5:17  Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18  For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19  Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

So do you have one that says that he destoyed or did a way with the torah/law?If you do then i will stop observing it.

Again ,I am not trying to teach you anything only Ray can do that!

You know Dave...God is Love...Do you have a Scripture God is Not love?Same deal here Dave I have a scripture do you?

AS I said before... just because i have a thought doesnt mean I am trying to teach.If I wanted to do that then I have plenty of fire power in Scripture to proof my point.If know one cant believe the Scripture I posted its not my fault!

And above all...Relax!Are we to say someone has it all covered?This has been one of the hardest things for me to understand.So show a little grace and above all respect for a person thoughts.

Eggi,Just do a word study or simply post me and i will set you up with some info.Thanks for your respect!Dave you said this:  Why then is it so difficult to see that the ministry, life, death, resurrection and return of Christ fulfills ALL the law and prophets.
If we read the verses above that I shared above then we can see and know that all has not been fullfilled/Has he came back yet and we didnt know?Like in 1-thess?And according to your statement he has to be already came to fullfill it.If we read Luke 24-44 and then believe it and then read Zech -14 and believe it.We couls see there is more to be fullfilled just yet.Not to mention fullfilling the last 3 feast!God Bless!

Also eggi:yot shared...them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new (renewed?) covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Thats what he did on the cross Eggi...How was a man to be remarried again .if the law said he could not....the great Mystery...Only if their Husband died and he did on the cross!

« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 08:44:48 PM by thetruth »

Gina

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2012, 08:54:23 PM »

Jerry,

How are the imprisoned to acknowledge the "feast"?

Yes, guard, may I have a little more bread with my butter and butter with my bread?  It's the law.

Haaaa!

Sorry, man.  I couldn't resist.

John from Kentucky

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2012, 08:59:38 PM »

Hello Dave,
I will say this Dave.
1.I did not say we are to have a temple sacrifice today. I do believe he fullfilled the temple sacrifice  on the cross!Where does it say we are to not Acknowleadge the feast?
2.Dave ,I have a Scripture that says this :

Mat 5:17  Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18  For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Mat 5:19  Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

So do you have one that says that he destoyed or did a way with the torah/law?If you do then i will stop observing it.

Again ,I am not trying to teach you anything only Ray can do that!

You know Dave...God is Love...Do you have a Scripture God is Not love?Same deal here Dave I have a scripture do you?

AS I said before... just because i have a thought doesnt mean I am trying to teach.If I wanted to do that then I have plenty of fire power in Scripture to proof my point.If know one cant believe the Scripture I posted its not my fault!

And above all...Relax!Are we to say someone has it all covered?This has been one of the hardest things for me to understand.So show a little grace and above all respect for a person thoughts.

Eggi,Just do a word study or simply post me and i will set you up with some info.Thanks for your respect!Dave you said this:  Why then is it so difficult to see that the ministry, life, death, resurrection and return of Christ fulfills ALL the law and prophets.
If we read the verses above that I shared above then we can see and know that all has not been fullfilled/Has he came back yet and we didnt know?Like in 1-thess?And according to your statement he has to be already came to fullfill it.If we read Luke 24-44 and then believe it and then read Zech -14 and believe it.We couls see there is more to be fullfilled just yet.Not to mention fullfilling the last 3 feast!God Bless!

Jerry,  Jesus didn't destroy the Law, but He did fulfill the Law.  So we don't have to.  All the Old Covenant is gone, including the Ten Commandments, which were the heart of the Old Covenant.

You make the same mistake as the Jewish religion.  You pick and choose which of the Old Covenant laws to follow.  Which the Torah forbids.  It's all or nothing.  Without a Temple or Levitical priesthood, the Old Covenant cannot be obeyed.  When God destroyed the Temple in 70 A.D., even the most simple minded OT followers should have got the point.

New Testament 101.  The old ways are no more.  I would say read Galatians and Paul's other epistles and the Gospel of John-------but it would do you no good.  You are too deep in trying to keep the Old Covenant and the New together.  Done that myself.  Worldwide Church of God over 25 years.   ;D

But now I feel the spirit of prophecy coming on me.  This thread won't last much longer.   :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 23 queries.