bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: judgement  (Read 4421 times)

Ian 155

judgement
« on: December 11, 2012, 11:46:09 AM »

Interesting verses on Judgement in relation to Isa's 26:9

John 12:47  And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world
John 12:48  He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

anyone care to have a stab at this It does seem complicated - are judgements appropriated with/by the word only ?

Ian

gregorydc

Re: judgement
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 04:28:14 PM »

Imo. Sounds to me like we are the word?  For Christ is in me, Christ is the Word of God, we are what Christ is.
Greg

Ian 155

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 10:17:53 AM »

thanks Greg 

what I'm picking up is, the Word is our judge  however the word himself said I have not come to Judge but to save ??  ??? ???

longhorn

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 09:00:54 AM »

The answer to your question is John 9:39.  For " Judgemet " I have come into this world, that those, (only the elect at this time) who do not see may see ( Spiritual understanding) and that those who see ( carnal minded peolple who understand " Only " the physical words of Christ ) may be made blind.  For the Elect, judgment is now, in this lifetime, 1 Pet 4:17, the rest of humanity, judgment comes (via the elect) in the Lake of Fire.  Christ is not judging the " World " at this time. 

Longhorn

levycarneiro

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 11:56:56 AM »

The answer to your question is John 9:39.  For " Judgemet " I have come into this world, that those, (only the elect at this time) who do not see may see ( Spiritual understanding) and that those who see ( carnal minded peolple who understand " Only " the physical words of Christ ) may be made blind.  For the Elect, judgment is now, in this lifetime, 1 Pet 4:17, the rest of humanity, judgment comes (via the elect) in the Lake of Fire.  Christ is not judging the " World " at this time. 

Longhorn

I believe I had read this verse before: "For judgment I have come into this world". But it was in my mind folder "things I have no idea what they mean".

I'm very glad it's so clear now that God is opening our eyes to His truth.

Thanks for this simple and clear explanation, Longhorn!

Levy

Ian 155

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 01:26:16 PM »

Yes thanks, perhaps that explains why everything that can go wrong in this life is going wrong... hope im one of the elect,

Do I read it right, "for judgement I came to earth to straighten out my elect" ? [my words]

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.