bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: My answer to your questions and other ramblings  (Read 18947 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
My answer to your questions and other ramblings
« on: December 12, 2012, 11:56:58 AM »

There have been a lot of questions lately about what is going to happen in the future, what’s next in scripture, what does a word mean, etc. etc

I am going to answer with an answer I can be sure of…..I don't know. 

We can speculate, we can glean some ideas from Ray's teaching and study of scripture but we just don't know.  How can we know?  Men have asked the same questions for centuries, we think now we are more spiritual, aware or smarter; but are we?  Read some writings of old and you see the same questions and attempt at answers as we do now.  The same people who asked these questions, taught about these questions, gave their answers on these questions also translated scriptures and started offshoots of all the different religions in the world. 

As I study more and more I find I don't know hardly anything.  I am starting to admit that I don’t know or will ever know things in this physical existence and that is liberating.  I suspect we are wrong on many fronts, how can we talk about judgment when we don't even know what that means? What about death? Do we really know what that means?  We are told it is appointed for man to die once and then the judgment, does that mean a man will never die again? Is a statement of fact (appointed for man to die once) also a statement of limitation (man will never die again)? Do we know what happens in judgment? Is death not a possibility when it comes to judgment?  If I tell you it is appointed for man to breathe once and then live, does that mean he never takes another breath? Does “and then live” mean he will never die?  If I say, man will hunger once and then find food; does that mean he will not hunger again?  There are all kinds of places we can go if we consider this.

We spend a lot of time searching for answers to questions that God has remained silent on.  Has what Ray taught made us search for what is next, what is going to happen in the future?  If that is our answer then I say we missed the whole point of his teaching and the point of the teaching of Christ and the gospels.  The greatest thing that Ray showed me was Christ's message of the good news; we need to die to self, become vessels of God, less of us and more of Christ in us. What we should be asking is how to be a light in this existence, salt in this world. Ray showed me through scripture that God really is my Father, God really is love, God has a perfect plan to create His children, and God is not going to roast anyone in hell for eternity. 

If today God gave us all the knowledge we search for, will it make us more Christ like? A better human? Parent?  Friend?  Does knowledge cause a display of love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control in us? Or would full knowledge grow our already overbearing egos to gigantic proportions?

We all sometimes preface our responses with "our understanding is, or our thoughts are."  The thing is I've come to understand is that my understanding and thoughts have mostly been wrong, and they become wrong because I am trying to understand; trying to force the issue.  I may be wrong now.  When Ray was sick and now that he has died, people coming to the website and forum have dropped off, why?  I suspect because there are no new revelations to chase after, no new knowledge to glean.  There should be many asking questions here and now on how to be a light in the world, salt in the earth.  How do we overcome our struggles or at least accept them and how can we support each other?

Our understanding is clouded by our beliefs, upbringing, grasp of the meaning of words and plain old time and translation.  We see things through human eyes and understanding.  Jews had scripture showing the Messiah would come and when He did they did not even know it.  We can look at those same scriptures today and see the fulfillment, the Jews still can’t; why?  Because of their traditions and upbringing.  Most of us here, and Ray, were brought up on the traditions of the Christian religion; I wonder what we can’t see that is as clear as the nose on our face?  We have come to see there is a lot, which is why we are here; I suspect there is a whole lot more too. 

When we become Christ like and a vessel for Him we realize our understanding is vanity, chasing the wind.  When Christ said if we had the faith of a mustard seed we could move mountains, do we really believe that? Can a little faith literally move a mountain? I believe just what Christ said, and I don't think we have a clue or very little understanding (much less than a mustard seed) about what faith really is; what it really means.   

When Christ says He and the Father are one, and we will be one with Them both; we don’t have a clue about what that means or entails.  We are too wrapped up in our own unique identities to consider that perhaps One really means One.  One is all around, we frame being One, and in relation, God and His creation around the framework of time.  Is time even in God’s vocabulary? Einstein even said time was an illusion.  We just cannot grasp God’s knowledge or plan.

God showed some prophets the answers to, I believe, some of our questions; what did He also command them?  Let’s see, he told Daniel (12) the words were to be sealed.  Paul in 2 Corinthians (12) was shown the third heaven and saw things he could not speak of.  John in Revelations (10) was shown the seven thunders and told they were secret and not to record them.

O.K, I’ll quit my ramblings now and go back to be a good moderator.  I will labor this job for as long as I’m needed and Dennis wants me.  I will do the job of enforcing the rules and keeping the forum focused on its purpose.  This post may border on teaching, but I don’t think I taught anything, I’m just trying to give you a push to expand your thoughts and see that our purpose now is to make the world around us a little better.  I can’t explain the struggles some go through or the depth of evil on the earth, nor do I think that is given to us.  We need to accept that our future and the future in ages to come will be a struggle; God tells us when the judgments are on the earth all will learn righteousness.  This will not be easy, it will be a struggle and even appear to be hell; and I suspect it is happening even now.  Fear not in the end we will have our perfection and it will all seem like a distant memory when looking back.

Craig
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 12:23:40 PM by Craig »

onelovedread

Re: My answer to your questions and other ramblings
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 12:44:46 PM »

Craig
To me your post is reassuring and strangely comforting. I appreciate its simple truth. Thanks

bluzman

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 12:49:46 PM »

Well said man. Bluzman

levycarneiro

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 12:52:09 PM »

Guilty here :)

To echo JohnCris' words, reassuring as in whatever are the answers to current/future mysteries we can rest assured God is Love, not a tyrant, and has a future for everyone.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end" Jeremiah 29:11.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 01:17:49 PM »

Good post craig, thank you for the reminder. I don't tjhink you were trying to teach, just refocus our attentions on what matters.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

wat

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 04:12:53 PM »

Excellent post Craig.  I'm certainly guilty of wanting more knowledge, but I'm realizing it does almost nothing for me.  I'm also realizing more and more that I don't understand a thing.

Ian 155

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 04:26:12 PM »

Found myself just today say-in "Lord I know nothing" you cannot even begin to try work this out then I recall Ray saying scripture needs to be discerned, human carnal understanding will never grasp these depths - My Words are spirit...

I think we are supposed to encourage - pray ,lift folks up, as you do to the least of these you do to me - I think we have enough on our plate with all the hurt,trials,hardships that we can truly be help to one another rather than be biblical Einsteins - Ray and a few others were blessed with a gift we too have gifts.[share in our sufferings]

I have seen myself get insanely intelligent in my own eyes, just to fall flat on my head [in seconds]  therefore I repent...

good post 

[here i go again]

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 05:46:47 PM »

One of the best posts I have read on here and as a new member I find it very comforting to come back to the center where we should be. Hopefully more new members will keep joining and be comforted as I have been.

God bless you Craig and all.

Rhys
🤫

dave

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 06:32:27 PM »

Good. :)

John from Kentucky

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 10:05:30 PM »

O.K.  Craig kicks a little butt.  Right on.

Does this mean the annual argument over whether Christmas is a completely heathen holiday will not be allowed?
That was a wonderful holiday tradition on the Forum.   ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 02:04:42 AM by John from Kentucky »

rsks

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 10:09:44 PM »

Wow Wow Wow is what I said after reading this Craig.  So true.  So true.  This is exactly how I have been finding myself thinking for years now.  I used to be so excited to share the truth that God will not fry most of humanity, but the realization that next to nobody wants to hear or believe it and that God is in charge of picking who will believe that very truth, has left me turning inward, spiritually inward.

Inward spiritual growth with my Father.  It used to just crush me that no one believed God's grace and truth, but now I soooooo get it.  He picked me and my husband to understand this and for us to grow personally in our INDIVIDUAL walks with Him.

He picked our dear dear Ray to teach and show us even further deep truths that we did not see before and to put most of the pieces together after reading and re reading Ray's papers as we have done.

What a blessing indeed Ray has been to us all.  And all the time you all and Ray have put in to further the truth.

Ray left us more than enough material to study in depth for a life time.  I have binders upon binders of his printed papers, colored with every color pencil in my box, with little comments on the side margins like " Ray I love you, you are so very funny"  or "How true Ray".  My Ipad is jammed with copies of his papers too.

Thank you all so much for continuing his work by reminding us all that he taught.  Kat, is so right on, I just love when she gets into a thread!

Yes Craig, I do whole heartily agree, we must work in small ways every day to make our "today" a better one for all of us.  We only have today.  Yesterday is gone and cannot be changed and tomorrow may not even come for some, so right now is all we really have.  And let us not forget (when we encounter our personal "touch stones" in life), that we are all God's children, vessels of honor and vessels of dishonor.

I love the paragraph about being ONE with God.  So insightful, because yes we will be ONE with God and Christ. Can we even come close to imagining what that may be like?  The most perfect way it should be, makes sense to me!  Glorious Glorious!!!!!

This current wicked age really stinks sometimes (most times) and sometimes I get kind of discouraged with God having the backdrop of evil to spotlight His good, but I get it, I do get it, it is the only way, and a perfect way at that.  Yet I still cry.

My little one pound three ounce, 14 year old Chihuahua fur child is slowly going blind and can't hardly walk any more nor can she hear much of anything, and I grieve her quality of life every day several times a day.  I have told God, I get it, corruption will put on in-corruption, yet I still cry for my sweet baby Chi Chi, that someone so little and innocent is fading away in corruption. 

And still I do get it.  And still in my tears I thank God for choosing me to understand His plans for us, His ultimate plans for us.

I thank you and love you all,  Grace and Peace,  Kelli

lauriellen

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 11:14:14 PM »

i really love this post. i can relate so much with all you said. i have learned more about God in the last 3 years or so than in the rest of my life combined; and the biggest thing i learned is i know next to nothing, and will probably never understand much in this life. lol . . .i have also found that those with alot of knowledge are usually very prideful and vain. i would rather have 5 minutes left to live and have understanding, than 50 years to live with none....but that is up to God. I look around me and i see people in pain and misery. Yesterday my sons' friend, a 22 year old young man, burned to death in a travel trailor he was staying in while working out of town. So many things just don't make any since. i find myself thinking, would my time be better spent locked away for hours studying and reading and trying to fill my head with all the knowledge i can cram in, or would it be better spent doing something that just might brighten someones day, or make life a little easier for them or bring comfort to those who need it? i just don't know anymore.....i read a saying that i love...."i am not afraid the world will end on 12/21/2012,......i am afraid nothing will happen and nothing will change...."....

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 01:18:53 AM »

O.K.  Craig kicks a little butt.  Right on.

Does this mean the annual argument over whether Christmas is a completely heathen holiday will not be allowed?
That was a wonderful holiday tradition on the Forum.   ;D ;D

I second this motion! The tradition must be allowed to continue!!
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

cjwood

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 03:00:28 AM »

If today God gave us all the knowledge we search for, will it make us more Christ like? A better human? Parent?  Friend?

so flippin true...

claudia

p.s.  craig, your post was awesome.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 06:23:04 PM by cjwood »

Kat

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 09:29:42 AM »

Hi Craig,

What we should be asking is how to be a light in this existence, salt in this world.

I certainly do agree with your comment there, it is our struggle to die to self every day.

We all sometimes preface our responses with "our understanding is, or our thoughts are."  The thing is I've come to understand is that my understanding and thoughts have mostly been wrong, and they become wrong because I am trying to understand; trying to force the issue.  I may be wrong now. 

Our understanding is clouded by our beliefs, upbringing, grasp of the meaning of words and plain old time and translation.  We see things through human eyes and understanding.  Jews had scripture showing the Messiah would come and when He did they did not even know it.  We can look at those same scriptures today and see the fulfillment, the Jews still can’t; why?  Because of their traditions and upbringing.  Most of us here, and Ray, were brought up on the traditions of the Christian religion; I wonder what we can’t see that is as clear as the nose on our face? 

When we become Christ like and a vessel for Him we realize our understanding is vanity, chasing the wind.  When Christ said if we had the faith of a mustard seed we could move mountains, do we really believe that? Can a little faith literally move a mountain? I believe just what Christ said, and I don't think we have a clue or very little understanding (much less than a mustard seed) about what faith really is; what it really means.   

When Christ says He and the Father are one, and we will be one with Them both; we don’t have a clue about what that means or entails.  We are too wrapped up in our own unique identities to consider that perhaps One really means One.  One is all around, we frame being One, and in relation, God and His creation around the framework of time.  Is time even in God’s vocabulary? Einstein even said time was an illusion.  We just cannot grasp God’s knowledge or plan.

And I will say I respect your opinion and how you feel, but I do not feel exactly the same about these comments. I can see what you are getting at and yes the Truth has been a mystery for all - 'but a few' that have the Holy Spirit, so there are 'a few' that can and do have understanding and I don't just mena Ray.

Yes we all have baggage, but the Spirit will lead us to the truth. Now I will not profess to have unlocked the great mysteries of Scriptures, but I will say I see little truths in what I read all the time and I have come across a few things that I thought to be profound. I do believe that the Scripture is God's tool for teaching us and the answers are there. But yes they only come as God determines to reveal them to us and I think He leads us to put forth much effort, so we will be more thankful when we do find something.

God gave Ray some of those answers that he shared with us, does that mean there are no more answers to be found? The Scriptures are full of answers and God will give them as He pleases and I will continue to search. Yes those things that were told to Daniel were sealed up, but if you keep going it says, "till the time of the end." That means that they will be revealed at some point. I don't see Ray's dying as an end to finding answers, the Spirit is still alive and well in His elect and will continue to open our understanding. The Scriptures for most of my life were a big struggle just to read, much less understand, but now I feel much comfort in them.

It's easy to get discouraged, like when Ray died. But it kind of forced me to stand on my own and that was not a bad thing. I do not feel dependant on anything now, BUT God and I do feel a connection there, that's important to me.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

IbTee

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 09:41:53 AM »

:) :) :) Refreshingly Invigorating :) :) :)
"You are not here to fix anything, because nothing is broken, but everything is continually changing and expanding." Abraham Hicks

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 12:42:15 PM »

God gave Ray some of those answers that he shared with us, does that mean there are no more answers to be found? The Scriptures are full of answers and God will give them as He pleases and I will continue to search. Yes those things that were told to Daniel were sealed up, but if you keep going it says, "till the time of the end." That means that they will be revealed at some point. I don't see Ray's dying as an end to finding answers, the Spirit is still alive and well in His elect and will continue to open our understanding. The Scriptures for most of my life were a big struggle just to read, much less understand, but now I feel much comfort in them.

I feel pretty much the way you do, Kathy.

René

indianabob

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 01:25:14 PM »

Good discussion,

I have found that one of the most appreciated gifts is that of the encourager.
We may pray and give gifts and so forth, but what most folks need the most is to believe that there is hope. To increase their faith by support from their brethren which thing is actually a gift of God.

Everyone on the forum adds to the encouraging of all the others. So let's support Dennis and all the moderators who give willingly of their time and talents.

Thanks very much, Indiana bob

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 08:19:10 PM »

Good post Craig and amen to all the responses; sometimes I feel it is good to go back to basics and get a good grounding; I think what Christ was teaching wasn't supposed to be complicated...something about childlike understanding?  appreciate and value all the input from members/moderators

Seeker

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2012, 05:44:02 AM »

Craig, how wonderfully put, how carefully said, you got it right, I think you should be awarded with the highest accolade for literature.

Stay blessed Bro.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.