bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus became a curse for us (Galatians 3:13)  (Read 4940 times)

Ian 155

Jesus became a curse for us (Galatians 3:13)
« on: January 10, 2013, 08:02:29 AM »

Jesus was a sin offering but not sin, he knew no sin ,yet he was hung on a tree and is therefore according to the word a curse ???

surely there is a translation problem here ?

Galatians 3:13,

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Ian

Kat

Re: Jesus became a curse for us (Galatians 3:13)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 11:05:23 AM »

Hi Ian,

Here is a thread on this very subject with answers that should help you.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,10951.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Ian 155

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 06:52:42 AM »

thanks for the info Bob & Kat - Seems translation is part of strategy to keep most in darkness -

ian

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 11:14:26 AM »

thanks for the info Bob & Kat - Seems translation is part of strategy to keep most in darkness -

ian

That is why it is important to use more than one bible translation when studying scripture.  No translation is without error.

Prior to coming to BT, I had never even thought about using various translations as I studied scripture.  The Baptist church I attended while growing up only used the King James Version at that time, and when I became a Jehovah's Witness as a young adult, we were instructed to use only the New World Translation. 

By the grace of God, I now know the IMPORTANCE of searching various translations and I now I only study that way. :)   

René

Ian 155

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 03:42:05 PM »

Rene, I agree, was speaking with a brother the other day and he said a strange thing, he said "what do you mean Greek .Hebrew, concordant" etc "I read my bible and believe every thing it says"that's it, he has done that from the word dot and there was no reason to continue talking with him on the translation subject.
So therein lays the prize  I believe we pray these folk into the kingdom [they don't know] - not that I know everything, but there are a lot of folk here that have been given incredible spiritual understanding and one prayer can set a stubborn person to searching, as it did me,

ian
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 24 queries.