bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A pastor in trouble  (Read 5702 times)

christalfan

A pastor in trouble
« on: December 19, 2012, 08:06:08 AM »

Hi saints,

Today I was going thru my old e-mails and got myself to my first mail that I sent to Ray after reading the LOF and other material on BT round about this time back in 2010. This was much help to me, thought I should share :P .....

Dear Pastor: I will make a few COMMENTS....in your email:

----- Original Message -----
To: "L RaySmith" <L.RaySmith@comcast.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:43:05 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: Pastor in trouble

Hi Ray, Sorry to hear about your illness, just want to tell you never to loose hope and I am praying for you. Last year 2009, I was searching the internet about Tithing and I stumbled on your site. WHAT A REVELATION! It been 4 months now and tell you what I can’t do anything else than just reading the Lake of Fire series. My kind words won’t be enough to describe what God has done in my life thru you. Thanks!! I have a couple of questions though.

Firstly, Ray I'm a young pastor of a small church (or building of gathering if I may call it) in a native South African rural area. If as the Bible suggests / instructs Gods people to leave the Mystery Babylon as quick as possible, how does one actually do this, mind you that some of them church goers are still babes in Christ? Will that not cause a negative impact similar to that of the two guys mentioned by Paul in 1 Tim 1:19-20 making shipwreck of faith to others?

COMMENT: If you believe that you have found the truth and understand it quite differently from the Institutionalized Church, then it behooves you to teach the truth. Just beginning teaching God's truths in the least possible offensive way. Don't stand up one Sunday and say: "You are all in Mystery Babylon the Great, and if you don't quite the organized Christian Church, God will judge your severely." That would not be too wise.

Rather start planting seeds: Start showing the difference between man's so-called free will versus God's absolute sovereign knowledge of the end from the beginning. Emphasize the positive and not the negative. Babes cannot tolerate too much negative, so give them the marvellous positive aspects of God's truths. Most will not agree with you, but then how many believed Jesus? After teaching to tens of thousands and healing thousands and thousands, and John baptizing thousands, how many were gathered to receive God's Holy Spirit on Pentecost? Answer: "About 120" (Acts 1:15). But then again, God may open the minds of enough people in your congregation to help support you by their generous giving rather than by "tithing."

Secondly, with no commercial qualification whatsoever, If I leave the ‘sheep fold’ now which is the only source of income for me and my small family, how is God suggesting one would make a living after all?. I don’t mind wearing a hard hat though, but in South Africa we are not so privileged to get jobs easily. It would take me 4-6 months to get a good job!

COMMENT: You are not the first to face this prospect of losing your living. No one such be in the ministry to "earn a living" in the first place. I taught many people God's truths for decades without a single penny salary. For ten years now I have been working 8 to 14 hours a day at my computer writing articles, answering emails, etc., without a penny salary. It's a matter of faith and trusting God.

Third and last, the bible forbids being equally yoked with unbelievers. If this be the case (I know this would sound carnal or rather funny) how does one find a wife after reading about salvation to all, which Christendom view as a demonic doctrine. My opinion is that one shouldn't marry an unbeliever that is out of the question yet I think a Christian wife would be worst!

COMMENT: Same thing applies to finding a good wife. If you find one (or one finds you), it will also be a gift from God. There are no magic formulas for solving these problems other than : "Keep PRAYING AND OBEYING." I apologize for such short answers, but presently I have two thousand four hundred and eight unanswered emails ahead of yours.

God be with you,

Ray

I know there are lot other questions one would ask regarding faith and salvation. I have decided to ask the above and am fully aware that these are personal and sensitive issues that should be answered individually. I will appreciate any answer you will give.

May the Lord richly bless you and your team.

Kind regards,
Christalfan, South Africa, KwaZulu Natal.

gregorydc

Re: A pastor in trouble
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 02:01:03 PM »

Thank you dear brother this is something that I need to be reminded of often. All is a gift of God, in his time, not mine. Thank you again.
Greg

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 04:32:22 PM »

Thanks for sharing that letter I always enjoy reading bits of Ray's wisdom that I've not seen before.

God bless!

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 05:08:32 PM »

I'm not sure I'd have any answers, but I've got a question.  Has anything changed since you got your reply?
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Gina

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 11:50:59 AM »

Wow, Christalfan, my friend.  That's what I call trusting God.  Thank you for sharing. :)

(I dig your signature.)

christalfan

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 06:17:22 AM »

I'm not sure I'd have any answers, but I've got a question.  Has anything changed since you got your reply?

Shalom saints,

My apology for replying so late ::)

Honestly, when I wrote that letter to Ray, my carnal mind was in "torments"!! The truth was too much for me to just ignore!! I thought satan finally had a grip on me!!

I mean, how could I tell my senior pastor we've been teaching the wrong Gospel? How could I tell him we were "Mystery Babylon the Great" and we fell from GRACE??? :o Come on, is there anything good and worth trusting on the internet today? ??? Are you telling me that Benny Hinn, T.D Jackes and JOyce Mayer are wrong?? NO WAY! Out of all the great "man and women of God" who invested their lives on world wide Christian campaigns, how can Ray be the only to tell us the truth?? These and more were questions driving me to insanity!!!

I had been praying and waiting for a spiritual brake thru when God led me to BT. I guess the answer to my prayer was too great to accept!

Dave, I left Babylon two years ago. I started telling others about salvation to the whole world.. most hated me for it, few guys listened at least. We read stuff on BT and fellowship weekly. ;D

The reason for posting that letter was for edification to all my brothers out there. Also, I wanted to encouragement other pastors [if God draws / drags them to this site] who are still fighting the truth to let go of the idols of the church.

A blessed new year to all!! 8)
Christalfan

onelovedread

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 10:39:24 AM »

God bless you, Christalfan:
I respect you for your courage and your faith given to you by Him. He is using your 'testimony' to encourage and inspire others. Rejoice that you're being used by the Master.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 01:12:01 PM »

Thanks, christalfan.  God bless you and be with you every step of the way.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.