bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Really need everyone to pray for me  (Read 31533 times)

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Really need everyone to pray for me
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2012, 07:01:03 AM »

Still praying for you, work backing up is a bit of a hassle I get the same myself at times. God bless

Rhys
🤫

onelovedread

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2012, 11:27:46 AM »

Dennis
I promise I will keep praying for you.
I had a mild bout of that some years ago and it was horrible.
Yours is much more acute so I can imagine the anguish and discomfort.
I pray that God will quickly ease your situation and give you the strength to go through.
My heart goes out to you, brother.

Foxx

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2012, 11:36:11 AM »

Dennis, it sounds very miserable. I know the feeling of standing up fast to the point of being dizzy and almost falling but this sounds very serious, never experienced such vertigo.

I think you should go to the ER if your doctor is unable to see you now. Its been a few days now right? Just go to the ER, we don't want anything bad happening to you. The wise choice is to forget seeing your doctor when you clearly need help now.

Praying for you.

Additionally, if you are sick, and possibly vomiting and losing sleep you will weaken your immune system and become dehydrated and you could become susceptible to other disease like the flu, colds, infections...we don't want that, please go to the ER, it sounds serious.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 11:41:59 AM by Foxx »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2012, 12:19:25 PM »

Thank you everyone.

The dizzy medication is working better now. It's very much there but it has taken the edge off. But there is no way I should drive. And working is not a good idea.

lauriellen

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2012, 12:36:14 PM »

my heart goes out to you. i pray God will show you mercy and give you relief. it feels like the suffering of so many of us has been multiplied lately. God have mercy on us all.

Vera

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2012, 01:53:15 AM »

I'm praying for you Dennis. Our Lord Jesus is with you....
Vera 

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2012, 01:58:30 AM »

Don't they have taxi's in Mobile?  Do what you need to do when you need to do it.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2012, 11:41:41 AM »

Don't they have taxi's in Mobile?  Do what you need to do when you need to do it.

I have children and grandchildren that have cars and drive Dave, so that is not a problem.

Starting day six. I've figured out if I take 1/3 the dizzy medication pill about every 2 hours I get the least side-effects.

While sleeping I must keep my head turned to the left or straight ahead. Turning my head to the right is not good.

Reading about this on the Internet, I see it usually lasts 2 to 3 weeks. So I just need to tough it out.

About a month ago I bought an adjustable bed to make reading and watching TV in bed more comfortable. Things could be worse without it because it seems the more vertical the better.

Work is still my biggest problem. I'm too light headed to do anything of consequence. It takes a lot of effort just to write in this thread.

bluzman

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2012, 11:54:07 AM »

One of my sisters and a guy that I worked with had a problem with an inner ear imbalance.
This was a very difficult time and both required surgury to solve the problem. That was maybe 25 years ago , and my sister hasn't had any problems with dizziness since.

Samson

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2012, 10:35:48 PM »

Thank you everyone.

The dizzy medication is working better now. It's very much there but it has taken the edge off. But there is no way I should drive. And working is not a good idea.

Dennis,

Sorry to hear about your recent health issues, Pray that the Medical profession is able to come up with a solution that relieves your suffering. didn't know what Vertigo was, my wife says it has something to do with ones equilibrium. May God shortly intervene in your behalf.

Samson.

cjwood

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2012, 03:04:06 AM »

Work is still my biggest problem. I'm too light headed to do anything of consequence. It takes a lot of effort just to write in this thread.

dennis, i remember when i saw you in mobile in the middle of september, while visiting manuela, that you told us how hard you were working and how much time you spent taking care of business (paraphrasing).  manuela told me that you were always working, working.  i highlighted the above part of your post because i was thinking, maybe God is causing you to have to slow down.  and the only way you were gonna slow down from working was to, well, knock you on your butt.

but, you will get better and come through this, and you will most likely try to make up for lost time at work.  but please, take good care of dennis.  you are the only dennis we have.

love,
claudia

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2012, 11:21:59 AM »

i was thinking, maybe God is causing you to have to slow down

No doubt I've slowed down. Only worked six hours in the last eight days. All very simple stuff.

Day seven and there is no change. The hardest/most dangerous thing is taking a shower. I sit on a milk crate so if I fall it will not be too far. Think how much you move your head in the shower with your eyes closed. I try to make sure I bounce off a wall and not the shower door. After bouncing off a wall I have to sit very still for a while to keep from getting sicker and get my balance.

I'm getting use to it. It's becoming a way of life. When it starts to get worse I take another pill. How did people deal with this before drugs?

Foxx

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2012, 04:30:35 PM »

can someone give you a ride to the ER  :-\

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2012, 04:42:44 PM »

I was at the doctors yesterday but I told him this has always gone away with antibiotics so he did not look to closely. But he looked in my ears and nose.

I'm going to try and see him again today but many businesses are closed until after Christmas.

I've had to sleep sitting up the last two nights and I'm not sleeping well.

It happened again just a few minutes ago and I have not taken the antibiotic yet. So I know I'll be a little more sick for a few hours after I take it.

I have a friend who's sister has had it for over 20 years. She is house bound. That scares me.

Thank you all.

Dennis,

Antiobiotics only work on bacteria and for this to go away due to antibiotics would suggest an ear infection which is messing with your equilibrium when you lay down. I'm no expert on ear infections so I don't know if it's possible for them to screw with your equilibrium like that but it would be reasonable to think so. I mean it does make sense, the choclea and the semi circular canals are apart of the inner ear and they are responsible for balance, equilibrium, detection of acceleration etc.. through the perilymph and endolymph fluids contained within them. An infection of this area due to bacteria could really mess with your sense of balance but I think an infection that deep is rather odd but again, like I said, i'm no inner ear expert!

Here is another suggestion to the cause Dennis;

http://vestibular.org/understanding-vestibular-disorder/types-vestibular-disorders

SRC: http://vestibular.org/node/10

Because balance is a complex function, there is often no single identifiable cause of falls in an elderly person. However, older people with chronic dizziness or imbalance are two to three times more likely to fall in comparison with older people who do not experience these problems.1

Symptoms of a sense of lightheadedness or disorientation (dizziness) and/or a mild to violent spinning sensation (vertigo) can have a variety of causes: vestibular (inner ear) disorders, central nervous system disorders (such as stroke), cardiac problems (including low or high blood pressure), low blood sugar, infection, hyper-ventilation associated with anxiety attacks, medication side effects or interactions between drugs, or an inadequate or poorly balanced diet. A thorough evaluation by a physician is usually necessary to help sort out these different possible causes and arrive at a correct diagnosis. This task can be even more complicated when multiple problems are present. In such cases, the trouble in any one system may not be severe, but the combined effects may be enough to cause a serious problem with balance. For example, an elderly individual with arthritis in the ankle joints and a mild degeneration in vestibular function may be able to balance adequately until under-going an operation to remove cataracts. The disturbance in vision during the healing process and the adjustment to the new glasses or contacts may then be sufficient to result in imbalance and falls.

Of all vestibular disorders, benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is one of the most common in older adults. BPPV causes vertigo, dizziness, and other symptoms due to debris that has collected within a part of the inner ear. This debris, called otoconia, is made up of small crystals of calcium carbonate (sometimes referred to colloquially as “ear rocks”). With head movement, the displaced otoconia shift, sending false signals to the brain and causing dizziness or vertigo.

This is what the vestibule and the choclea of the innner ear look like which are responsible for the balance, equilibrium, acceleration detection etc..

http://images.medicinenet.com/images/illustrations/ear_cutaway.jpg

Might give you an idea of where this is happening and what it is affecting if you can visually see it.

God bless,

Alex
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 04:45:25 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

walt123

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2012, 08:31:22 PM »

Hello,Dennis

This may work for you,hope you get better.

http://youtu.be/6LN2QDaQr38

Walt

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2012, 11:25:45 AM »

Thanks Alex, some interesting facts.

Walt, I have ginger here and am starting it today. We'll see. Thanks.

I'm counting the days - Day eight

eggi

« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2012, 04:29:54 PM »

Praying for you Dennis. My mother had this terrible dizziness a couple of years ago, she had a virus om the balance nerve.

God bless you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

microlink

« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2012, 10:49:09 PM »

Hi,

Will pray. I do not like to see eople giving remedies. Everyone is different. God knows and will heal you Dennis.
Joe

deblynn

« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2012, 11:03:00 PM »

I'm just now reading this.  My first thought, too, was a form of vertigo, but I pray your doctor will have the wisdom to know what to look for, and the knowledge to help you get over it.  I agree with you about the nausea.  I've always said it's the absolute worse feeling in the world; I can deal with excrutiating back pain over that.
-Debra

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2012, 12:10:55 PM »

Day nine and I'm trying not to use the medication today to see what happens. If I'm careful how I move I can keep the dizziness reduced. But if I roll over onto my right side while sleeping the room starts spinning instantly.

The nausea is not as bad. I think I'm getting use to being dizzy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 23 queries.