bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where we are going we don't need roads  (Read 5069 times)

levycarneiro

Where we are going we don't need roads
« on: December 24, 2012, 12:48:38 PM »

When I think of heaven I remember this:

Where we are going we don't need roads :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flge_rw6RG0

And this:

God’s Word portrays a far different and higher spiritual destiny than the Christian candy-coated heaven of a Disney World Magic Kingdom with pearly gates, streets of gold, fluffy clouds, and chubby-cheeked cherubs strumming their little harps while huge choruses sing rock-n-roll gospel music and the saints practice rapping with the angels in a land of endless mountains of chocolate and candy where everyone has his own mansion in which to live in the lap of perpetual luxury, laziness, and non-accomplishment, catering to the lusts of the flesh while delighting over a vision of countless billions writhing in unspeakable torturous pain of an eternal lake of fire. What a HELL that would be!

Maybe it is time we rid ourselves of all the fabled fantasies of pagan nirvanas. Saints are never going to a geographical location on a huge rock or planet in outer space called "heaven." There will never descend out of heaven a literal city with pearly gates or streets of gold. We will never live in such a literal, physical, material city! These are symbols, metaphors, and word pictures to describe SPIRITUAL REALITIES.

God’s kingdom is SPIRITUAL. All in God’s kingdom will be SPIRITUAL. And all this is being build on a huge SPIRITUAL ROCK—The CHRIST. Jesus Christ is the "Chief Corner Stone," the "Foundation," the "ROCK!"

--- LOF 6, http://bible-truths.com/lake6.html

:)

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Where we are going we don't need roads
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 02:23:53 PM »

Dear friend Levy,

Thanks for your message, very helpful.

So what would a society of humans do for entertainment if they didn't have all these physical visions of what the Kingdom of our Lord would be like? (smile)
 What mysteries (spiritual secrets) will they place their hope in?
What will they enjoy when we no longer have Valentine's Day, Easter, July 4th, (our independence Day), Halloween (all saints day) and Christ-mass to bring them together in family celebration with their religious organizations?

What do folks like ourselves do when we wish to commemorate the revealing of true doctrines to ourselves and the indwelling of God's spirit? Go back to our former beliefs? Pretend to participate for the sake of friends and family?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks for your comments, Indiana Bob

levycarneiro

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 04:30:46 PM »

Hello my friend :)

What do folks like ourselves do when we wish to commemorate the revealing of true doctrines to ourselves and the indwelling of God's spirit? Go back to our former beliefs? Pretend to participate for the sake of friends and family?

That's a very good question. Maybe we just jump of joy in spirit? :p Maybe we can participate for the sake of friends and family, and use that as a personal (and thus hidden to other people) commemoration of the truths God's given us? :)

levycarneiro

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 02:42:39 AM »

Bob, I was reminded of this today:

"And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead... So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses... He had also seven sons and three daughters." Job 1:19, 42:12-13

"And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life." Mark 10:29-30

We are more blessed now than previously prior to leaning the Truths of God :)
We have one another as a family here :)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 03:18:24 PM »

"...and lands (with persecutions), and in the world to come, aeonian life."  Could be part of eonian LIFE that, no matter what we do or don't do in His name, there won't be persecutions.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

levycarneiro

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 11:15:45 PM »

"...and lands (with persecutions), and in the world to come, aeonian life."  Could be part of eonian LIFE that, no matter what we do or don't do in His name, there won't be persecutions.

From the Concordant Version NT:

29 Jesus averred to him, "Verily, I am saying to you that there is no one who leaves a house, or brothers, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or fields, on My account and on account of the evangel,
30 who should not be getting back a hundredfold now, in this era, houses and brothers and sisters and mother and father and children and fields, with persecutions, and in the coming eon, life eonian.

It looks like it's contrasting now, this age, versus the coming age. It looks like all of this is for now, except life eonian which is for the coming eon.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 11:21:49 PM by Levy »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.