bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Proverbs and Revelations  (Read 3590 times)

jingle52

Proverbs and Revelations
« on: December 27, 2012, 08:24:49 AM »

Hi BT Family,
Hope you are all having a wonderful break and taking time being with family members you might not have had the time to see or visit ..or do the things you’ve been putting off due to work.

On reading  Proverbs I realised “oh this refers to verses in Revelation” and so matched up verses in Proverbs with that of Revelations and hope they are correct- but could not find a match for the church of Sardis. Rev 3:5 He that overcomes the same shall be clothed in white raiment and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life.

1) Prov 3.18:[Wisdom]She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.
11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
15: 4 A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.
Rev 2:7: He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God. Church of Ephesus

2) Prov 4: 9 [Wisdom]She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.
14: 24 The crown of the wise is their riches: but the foolishness of fools is folly.
Rev 3: 21 To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. Church of the Laodiceans

3) Prov 9:1 Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:
Rev 3: 12 Him that overcomes will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. The Church of Philidelphia

4) Prov12:24 The hand of the diligent shall bear rule: but the slothful shall be under tribute.
Rev 2: 26 And he that overcomes, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. The Church of Thyatira

5) Prov13:14 The law of the wise is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
14:27 The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
Rev 2: 10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcomes shall not be hurt of the second death. The Church of Smyrna

6) Prov 9:4 Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: as for him that wanteth understanding, she saith to him,
9:5 Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mingled.
9: Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant.
12: 11 He that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread: but he that followeth vain persons is void of understanding
20:13 Love not sleep, lest thou come to poverty; open thine eyes, and thou shalt be satisfied with bread.
Rev 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Pergamos

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction? I may be completely wrong in the matching!

Be blessed in Christ our Lord.  Jingle
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.