bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ''Alexander’s Journey'' (a short story)  (Read 4042 times)

acomplishedartis

''Alexander’s Journey'' (a short story)
« on: January 02, 2013, 05:38:24 AM »

Alexander’s Journey

This story is about the unusual, incredible and strange ONE YEAR journey of Alexander, who is a kid boy-scout that tends to think beyond his age.

After long journeys and hard times, the quiet boy Alexander came back to the place where he grew up, and he was so thankful for now having a bed to sleep on. 
Even so, he wasn’t going to stay there for very long because on a couple months he was about to make such a great move! he had planned to go back to a place called ‘Kun’, where he used to live before past long journeys.

Real boy scouts are able to survive on different ecosystem's. Nationalities and fences doesn’t really mean that much for them;
they are like a small nation on their own,
they are usually ready to face nature and to challenge hard situations.
It could be said that wherever they decide to make their camp-site; they are like one small nation on their own.

Since Alexander was now an independent boy-scout, he wasn’t afraid from traveling on his own.
On his daily routines he used to enjoy reading and learning new things and make calls to his friends that used to live far away. He also used to like drawing.

Alexander had become very good on packing well everything that he needed for his journeys; he even had a cell phone with him...
Around those days he used to text a lot with a girl, even so when writing texts on his phone used to take him such a long time; he was just not very good to do that.

WHAT A SUCH GOOD MOVE!

So finally, Alexander's day to move came; ‘Kun’ was 20 hours of distance from where he was at. His best friend whose name was ‘Ian’ was living in Kun and Alexander was welcome to stay with him.
When Alexander arrived, they were happy to see each other. They had much in common since Ian was a kid boy-scout as well.

Kun used to be a city next to the ocean. In there, the weather used to be usually warm
and the water in the ocean was so clear that you was be able to see the sand and the fishes clearly.

Around those days, while Alexander and Ian where hanging out in a boat, Ian met a girl, her name was Lia.
She was a very nice and kind girl. Since then, Ian and Lia kept hanging out and they became good friends.

Alexander was happy to stay with Ian, but he knew (since long before his trip) that eventually it was time for him to find a good location to establish his own camp-site and survive again on his own.

On one particular day the boy Alexander walked out from the city and finally found a good place to settle down, and the place was very fine, also; it was nice to settle down so close from the ocean. Actually, this place was even better than what he was looking for in the first place. So he decided to tell Ian who gave him a hand to do it.

This place was better than what he was looking for, since the place was an abandoned tiny house that Alexander would be able to repair! The boy Alexander had some savings with him, but not that many. In the couple moths to come, the kid found himself on a race to fix his new tiny home. He only had the light of the day to work on, since the evil mosquito’s used to suddenly appear when the sun was gone.

At mornings Alexander used to go early to a garden that used to be not far from him, in there, he used to help and learn more about plants but he doesn’t used to get any pay from it; it was a just for fun thing. There were also others kids working on the garden, so he was also able to make some new friends.

So the kid painted his new tiny house, he built tables, made decorations, built a small porch of wood and even started a little garden with vegetables and fruits on the front. Actually his front neighbor used to be a gardener who used to give him new plants sometimes. In those days Alexander was happy and grateful, he just used to go to bed so tired... In one particular day he also found a friendly street dog and named it ‘z’.

Ian used to go visit Alexander at certain days and Alexander used to go visit Ian others. One day Alexander got a text message from a friend who used to live very far away in a very cold place; he told Alexander that he would like to go visit him for a while. Alexander was glad to listen that news and now was getting ready to try to be a good hostage.

After a couple moths, most of the tiny house details where already done. A friday morning Alexander walked to the high way and took a lift with some hippies on their volkswagen van to the airport to pick up his friend Joe who came from that very far and cold place. But he didn’t arrived at the time he was supposed to arrive. So Alexander then figure out that he had the day wrong and Joe would not arrive until the next day, therefor the boy decided to wait and sleep on the airport since he wasn't close from home.

The next day; Finally Joe arrived and for the next couple moths Alexander and Joe where able to have a good time. Joe used to be a kind and smart kid and also was able to sing well and play guitar.

The boy Alexander used to do some works to survive; fixing fences and stuff on that little town where he and Joe where living at. And Joe used to help him often. They still had much time to go to the beach, to chat, to build things, and wash cloth and to work in the tiny house little garden. Also, Ian used to come on weekends and they all used to prepare a good meal. Other times Alexander and Joe used to go to Kun city and visit Ian and Lia.

While Joe was still there, Alexander called his mother and told her that she should come to visit. So she went to visit and she was very happy to be there; she cooked for Alexander and Joe and also met the friendly dog named ‘z’. Soon, she had to return. And a couple weeks later, Joe’s departing time came as well. Alexander was very thankful for the good past times spend.

Alexander realized that things for him where fitting unusually well in such a short time, what would take years for other kids to build, he was doing it on a matter of months. He used to believe that everything happens as it is supposed to happen and that a great powerful supernatural all wise, kind, intelligent force had already planned all his moves and steps carefully (as well as everybody) long before the creation of the world.

GETTING READY FOR DRASTIC CHANGES

Now Alexander was living by himself again, but he was already used to it... At mornings he used to prepare himself a warm drink, go outside, enjoy nature and give thanks for a new day. Then he used to go inside his tiny house to read for a while, prepare an out meal plate with raisins, eat a banana and work in new projects.

But in those days, Alexander’s little mind was meditating a lot, about his past, his present and about the future.
Of course kids don’t usually think much about these things but Alexander was not the average kid, since he used to tend to think beyond his age.

One day a light bulb turned on in his mind and he knew that he had to leave it all. To leave his tiny house and everything he had work for. Of course this wasn’t an easy choice, but circumstances beyond his power where affecting him so greatly that he had to start to prepare and plan his way out, to a very, very far away place, a place that he was getting to realize he had to be at.

So Alexander started making savings and looking for a job where he could make more savings.

In those days Ian already used to love Lia, and Lia already used to love Ian. Alexander was happy for them and used to be very glad when they both used to go visit him.

Eventually Alexander found a fine but very hard job in the city Kun; it was about fixing things on dangerous places, he had to be there all day with the sun on his face. And since the job was in Kun, he had to travel every morning, he used to work hard carrying things beyond his capacity, and then travel back. At night he merely had time and straight to make himself dinner, to take a shower, read a little bit and go to sleep. Then he had to do the same over and over again for a couple moths. And when he thought that things could be no more burdensome; the weather changed and now he had to work often with the rain on his face.

But plans were going still as planned. And the day to quit the hard jod finally came! Alexander got rid of almost all his possessions; some he gave them to poor kids, others he sold them, trade them for things he would need on his trip, other things he gave them to friends.

Before his departing Alexander stayed in Kun for a short time, since Ian and Lia where living there. The visit was worth. When his time to depart came, he had to be strong, to say bye once again and take a cap to the bus station…

Alexander was already getting used to drastic changes; he was learning that is not of him to direct his own steps, that everything he had built wasn’t in vain and that he can’t really know what the future had prepared.

ON THE TRAVEL TIMES

The very, very far place where Alexander was going was a place very close to a huge cold location called the ‘united corporation’. He wasn’t very excited about the weather there and surviving on that place would be harder for him. Also, this trip was going to take him moths of traveling since he wanted to stop by on different places on the way.

First Alexander went to the place where he grew up. On his way there, while he was waiting a bus transfer on the rain, one of his bags where he had most of his cloth was stolen and he had to travel all night wet. But after those little incovenients Alexander finally arrived and was so thankful to have a warm bed to sleep on.

And the kid decided to stay there for a little while and spend some time visiting, reading, studying, relaxing, hanging out, working a little bit and even writing, he also got himself new cloth. Alexander was in the place where he grew up but he didn’t felt to be at home just because he was there, at this point of his life; he now used to felt at home wherever he was at. After all he was a real boy scout…

Around those days an old friend from Alexander contacted him and invited him to eventually stay with him at one place called ‘Sand’ which was located inside the cold ‘united corporation’. His old friend invited him since he knew that Alexander was moving very close to the ''united corporation'', he told Alexander that he was about to move to Sand soon and that he was welcome to stay with him. Alexander accepted the invitation (he also used to have a few other Boy Scout friends (that he wanted to visit) whom used to live around those surroundings). So the boy prepared his way there, he had to make more savings and then, when the day to depart came; took his bags and again, left it all behind .

Alexander never considered himself a nomad boy, but slowly he was getting a reputation. But he doesn’t used to really care about other kids making fun of him because he wasn’t able to stay in one place for long, because in his mind he had a good reason and intention behind his travels and because somehow in the back of his head he was coming to realize that he was only a victim of his daily circumstances.

IS ALEXANDER FINALLY GOING TO SETTLE DOWN?

Alexander was still on his way to ‘Sand’ which was located on the ‘‘united corporation’’, when suddenly, the old friend who had invited him contacted him again. Alexander was told that it would take longer for his old friend to move to Sand, because the plans of his old friend were not resulting as expected. But after listening the new, Alexander wasn’t that worry, after all, he was a real boy scout. He decided to go to Sand anyway, since he was already on his way there.

Three hours before getting to his destination Alexander stopped by at one town to visit another old friend. In there, he prepared himself for the inevitable hard times that were waiting for him on Sand. Four days later, he said bye and kept on his way to Sand.

When Alexander arrived on Sand, he didn’t know anybody in Sand (remember that his friend wasn’t able to move yet). It was already late at night and Alexander didn’t have time enough to build himself a campsite, so he decided to walk for a couple blocks along with his bags and found a relatively secure place to sleep on the streets... The night was cold but it was still bearable... The next morning Alexander woke up early and started his journey to find a good location to settle down.

Again, what would take days or moths to others on the same circumstances; somehow, for Alexander was only taking a matter of hours; Alexander found a descent, warm, not expensive place to settle down two hours later. Also, in a matter of days he found a part time work which would help him to survive in such a cold location. 

After all those miracles, Alexander decided to try to contact and met with the other two Boy scout friends that he had on the surroundings, they don’t used to live in Sand, but they were not so far away from Sand.             

First he met with his friend ‘Sr.D’ and they had such a great time together.
Other day Alexander was able to travel a little and met with ‘Al’.
As boy scouts they had many things to talk about and many stories to catch up with.
Sr.D and Al where very nice and kind with Alexander, on those days, they both hanged out with him a couple times, and for Alexander, all his travel times were worth.

Even so the weather wasn’t so enjoyable for Alexander, he was able to appreciate so much the trees, the vegetation, the hills, the rocks, the sunrises among other cool things.   

Do you remember in the beginning of this story that Alexander used to text on his cell phone with a girl? Well... she used to live on the surroundings as well. So Alexander called her and got to hang out with her.
Days after that, Alexander sent her a present on an envelope.
She got it, but for some reason, she decided to send it back to him...
Alexander got very sad.

But Alexander tried to move on; he knew inside of him that's how things were meant to happen.
Again, Alexander started to meditate some; about his past, the present and about the future. Surviving on that location was getting annoying and he needed time to meditate things more. He was grateful and glad for his time in Sand, but now he knew that his time to depart had come.

Someday Alexander will be no longer a child. Hopefully life is shaping him well to become a man.
Probably we will never get to know about the rest of Alexander’s journey…
so whatever we can learn from this part of his story... will hopefully make worth all the time spend reading.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 03:53:10 PM by Moises G. »

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Alexander’s Journey
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 12:53:28 AM »

mi amigo moises, i enjoyed this story mucho.  gracias for sharing.

claudia

acomplishedartis

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 04:31:31 AM »

I am glad, thanks!

------------------------

For the ones who know me, this might have more meaning (not spiritual) than what it seems on the surface.

I don't really have that much imagination...

« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 02:58:06 AM by Moises G. »

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 05:19:19 PM »

Nice story there Moises. I quite enjoyed reading it. Good job

Rhys ;)
🤫

acomplishedartis

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 02:11:04 AM »

Thanks Rhys.

In the story each name and happening is a symbol of what I went through the last year (This is why I have said that I don't really have that much imagination). I could plainly explain what means what, but I would probably take away the kind of ''interesting mystery'' from the story.   

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 02:31:36 AM »

I see. I wouldn't say you don't have much an imagination to put it in a story like this. Not sure I could write like you have done. Well done  :)

Rhys
🤫

acomplishedartis

Re: ''Alexander’s Journey'' (a short story)
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 03:27:04 AM »

Since I am not a writer of kid's stories, I have decided to take away the ''mystery'' of what means what on this little story. Also I believe that it will add a new dimension of appreciation for the ones that doesn't have any idea of the meanings.

This short was mostly full of similes, and it's not a metaphor (it's not that deep), for the most part.

ONE YEAR journey of Alexander  = 2012

Alexander = you guess...

being a boy scout = being a truth seeker

place where Alexander grew up = a city in Mexico called 'morelia'

kun city = the city of ''cancun''

phone = my lap top

Ian = my cousin Beto.  and  Lia = his girl friend

the good place to settle down out of the city of kun = an small town called ''puerto morelos''

Joe = My friend Jerry who came visit from NY

works to survive; fixing fences and stuff = independent welding works

hard job in the city Kun; fixing things on dangerous places = a job making metal structures for awnings

the ‘united corporation’. = U.S.A

Sand = San Diego Cal.

Sr.D = my friend Donald

Al = my friend Alex

There is it. Clear and simple.

ps. I had to do it before Christians start looking for the city of 'Kun' and 'Sand' in the map   : )

Moises
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 03:31:31 AM by Moises G. »

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: ''Alexander’s Journey'' (a short story)
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 05:02:42 AM »

Excellent stuff Moises. I'm sure that helps. Most of us are not too bright here (I mean I'm not too bright).

Good point about the Christians. You have to watch out for them with there maps.  ;D

Rhys
🤫
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.