bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please Pray for my Dad  (Read 5944 times)

deejcop

Please Pray for my Dad
« on: July 27, 2006, 02:03:10 AM »

Hello everyone,

I know it's been awhile since I've been here, but I just found out that my Dad has a brain tumor(We initially thought it was alzheimers, but where the tumor is on his brain, he's showing the same symptoms). Surgery would be extremely risky according to the neurologist..if he does survive the surgery, there's no guarantee he'd  even have MOST of his faculties. So, we either chance having a very risky surgery, or he just deteriorates until he's a vegetable and eventually dies.

I've been reading some of the posts in the topic that Zander started, and truly I'm having my serious bouts with God's faithfulness. I don't know what to do, and for years, prayer has been such a burden to me, because God rarely answers my prayers. I'm tempted to order an "anointed prayer handkerchief" from one of the prosperity preachers and try my luck at that. Who knows..it's better than nothing.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 02:05:47 AM by deejcop »

MG

Re: Please Pray for my Dad
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 04:22:36 AM »

I've prayed for your father deejcop.

My daughter was in the hospital dying of e coli when she was 6 months old. I was sitting next to her and she had a grand mal seizure. She was not able to breath and her heart stopped. They pushed the code blue button and started CPR and I left the room. I called my mother and she rushed over. I had to sign for an emergency tracheotomy. My mother took me to the chapel and told me a story. My brother was one of 2 in the world to live through a very rare heart defect he was born with. My mother sat in the same hospital chapel when he was dying 12 years earlier. She told me she didn't know how to pray and she remembered this scripture.

Mark 5:26-28
26And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,
27When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment.
28For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole.

My mother told me she sat in the chapel alone tugging on Christ's robe and my brother lived. So we sat in the chapel with my daughter dying and tugged on Christ's robe. My daughter lived too.

I went to Colorado 8 years ago to watch the birth of my granddaughter. She was born with Pneumonia. They came in the next day and said there was no hope and she was dying and there was nothing they could do. The kids were devastated. I didn't want to break down in front of them so I went downstairs and went outside. I sat there sobbing telling God I didn't even know how to pray. Suddenly I heard in my thoughts "Tug on his robe" I felt a rush of joy run through me and ran upstairs telling the kids that my granddaughter was going to live. I told them the story my mother told me and told them to tug on his robe. The doctor came in and told us they couldn't explain it, but my granddaughter took a turn for the better and she was going to live. She is now 8 years old.

My niece was born with Down Syndrome. They took all the usual tests and reported that my niece had leukemia. Leukemia is a common disease with Down Syndrome. We all prayed for her and when they retested the tests came out clear of leukemia.

My father had an abdominal aneurysm the size of a grape fruit. The doctors told us he was a ticking time bomb and that he may not live through the surgery. That is a huge aneurysm. I had to drive for an hour to get to him. I yelled and pleaded with God during the drive to save my father. I wasn't ready for him to die. God once again answered my prayer. He lived.

My son has been an alcoholic for 13 years. It progressed so far that he was drunk in a blackout from morning until bedtime. He recently overdosed on 60 blood pressure pills and came over and said he was going to die and if I called for help he would run off and hide. I had to sit there and wait for him to pass out before I could call 911. I started to doubt God's character. I was tired and didn't know how to pray. I remembered the scriptures when others would remind God of his promises. I reminded God of all the countless days I prayed for my son every night when he was a child. One time when I was praying I opened my bible to the scripture where Jonathan and his arms bearer walked into the victory that was given to them by God. My son's name is Jonathan. I reminded God of my son's victory that was prepared before him. My son continued to drink when he got out of the hospital. He was talking and in the middle of a sentence God came upon him like a whirlwind and healed him of a huge issue. He called laughing and crying and praising God.

Does it always happen this way? No. God's will be done. I lost my husband to suicide and felt very betrayed by God for a long time. I prayed for my husband just 2 weeks earlier and felt a peace that everything would be OK. Maybe in God's eyes that was OK, but I was completely devastated. I found my husband dead and suffered from severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder for years with severe panic attacks.

I just lost my very best friend a few months ago. When God was digging so deep within me to heal me and teach me his truths my best friend stood beside me to comfort me through the whole terrifying process. I thought for sure that God would heal him and repay him for his kindness to me. I prayed so hard for him. God did not heal him and he died.

I've learned that evil and the firey darts will attack my faith by attacking God's character. They yell lies in my thoughts. I come against that by proclaiming who God is and proclaim his character out loud. I lay my doubts in front of God and confess them and ask God to heal me. I ask God to guard my thoughts.

My prayers are with you and your father.

Hugs,
MG

Layla

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 08:27:10 AM »

Hi DJ

MG's word are strong and full of courage and hope.  I pray the Lord use her to strengthen and encourage you through the trials and tribulations of this life we all face and that the Lord comfort you during this time of grief and period of uncertainty that you and your family are going through at this time.

We are to pick up our cross and follow Jesus.  Jesus' life was one of sorrows and suffering.  But through Him we have a victory.   The victory is that through Him ALL MEN are saved and will resurrect to a new life in Him.  Don't allow doubt and fear to take away your peace and joy, but contemplate these things and He will give you the strength to endure.

In love and prayers for your Dad and family,
Layla

mongoose

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 11:40:20 AM »

DJ, I said a prayer for your father and for you.  My best friend from high school had a brain tumor and it was really hard to watch her go through that.  MG has some powerful words and the other posts here are so true too.  No matter what happens, it's not that God doesn't love you or your father or that He is not being faithful.  This is all part of His plan (and I know that is really really hard to understand, especially when you're hurting).  It will be according to God's will.  I've been lately thinking about death a bit more (I've lost a lot of relatives over the past 3 years).  It hurts.  It hurts a lot and it's something we don't like and don't understand.  For me, it was the fear and pain of never seeing that person again.  It's easy to be angry or blame God for doing something wrong or not being faithful.  And that's ok.  It's ok to hurt because of this.  It's normal and understandable. We learn a lot about life and God and ourselves through our sufferings. What I have been thinking is that death to God probably isn't the same as it is to us.  He likens it to sleep....and we all have to go to sleep sometime, but He also knows when He will wake each and every one of us up.  He knows it's all going to be okay.  I pray that your father gets better if this is God's will.  I also pray that you find some peace and comfort knowing that God will never leave or forsake you or your father.  He is faithful and He will reconcile all to Him in the end.  He loves you both very much.  You are His beloved child and He loves you even when you are angry with Him or doubt Him.  Hang in there.  You have a wonderful, caring group of people to talk with here.  Like Bobby, if you need to talk, you can PM me.

Much love and peace to you in Christ,

mongoose

chuckusa

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 03:07:35 PM »

DJ

I know it is very hard, to be in such trials, while you see others around you living seemingly peaceful lives. That can hurt.

I know that you may feel singled out, and that you may feel anger toward God. It is also true, as Bob mentioned, that these words may be of little comfort to you, but stay in the family of christ. I will pray for you, and offer whatever I can do to help.

It's difficult to understand Gods plan for us when we must suffer to see it fullfilled, but I know God loves you. Don't stop seeking him in this time of trouble.

Your brother, and supporter in christ,
Chuck

buddyjc

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 04:22:19 PM »

Hi DJ, it has been done, and I will continue to pray for your dad, and you as well. 

Brian

YellowStone

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 07:47:35 PM »

Hi DJ, I too will pray for your dad as well as yourself. There is no greater healer than prayer.

It's not easy watching loved ones suffer; it is my hiope that you keep seeking God and feel the love that is directed to you from this board.

We are with you,

In Christ,

YellowStone

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 10:22:01 PM »

Hello Brother,

I will pray for your family, I have been in this position with my Dad, Mom, sister & brother, none of whom left the hospital alive. My parents were aged, my brother & sister were children, I do not wish to be melodramatic but there are times when these things must and will happen. I know beyond a doubt that neither of my parents desired to be dependent on others for their day to day existence, the thought of being an invalid was pure horror to both. They were handicapped since early childhood but lived relatively normal lives before the advent of handicapped parking, affirmative action or any special considerations for the disabled. My point is that we all will face the day our mortal bodies fail us, we have not been promised anything more than that in this life. Our promise of hope is in the next age, with an incorruptable body never to be seperated from our loved ones ever again.

What I learned through these difficult times is that those who are passing away from us are not the ones to sympathize with, no, it is the survivors who hurt and mourn, it is we who can display the selfishness of not wanting to let go no matter what the circumstances entail, the person who lost their independence is sometimes not considered, their real wishes of little concern, most often the last thing they want is to be a burdon on the ones they love dearly.

I do not know the age of your Dad but I do hope and pray he makes a full recovery until the day of our Lord's return, no matter how old he is it does not dull the pain of seeing him in this state, I know from experience.

I pray you trust in Him who can make all things new.

Peace Brother,

Joe

http://bible-truths.com/praying.htm

ned

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 01:19:38 AM »

Dear DJ,

Three years ago my dad (an athiest) died of cancer, and I freaked out because I thought he was going to hell!  Little did I know then that it was his time and God's will.

God created your dad for His purpose, and His will be done. The beginning, the end, and the boundaries for your father have been set long before he was even conceived.  God gave him to you for your time here in this age. I pray that you would enjoy every bit of time you have with him, and not worry, you have an ETERNAL FUTURE of LOVE with your dad to look forward to.  This life as we know it is just so temporary, thank God there is something better to hope for...

In His Love,
Marie

deejcop

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 01:32:41 AM »

To my Bible Truths Forum Family,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your prayers and the testimonies that I've read. You all ALWAYS come through and I thank God for you. Though I've never met any of you, I believe that I have greater fellowship with y'all more than ANY "church" I've ever belonged to.

I read some of the things that people have gone through, and really count myself blessed. It's just difficult, and what has me somewhat upset at God is that I've prayed for over 10 years for my Dad to be around to see his grandchildren, and that is a prayer that I've pretty much given up on now. My Dad used to constantly ask me how soon I am to getting a wife so that I could get him some grandkids, and I'd just tell him to hold on, that I'm praying and trusting God that he'll make it happen, but that concept came crashing down yesterday...actually, it pretty much came crashing down 4 months ago when I thought he was getting alzheimers.

He's slowly declining, and the surgery would be extremely risky, so we really don't know what to do. But God is faithful, I still believe that. I will definitely be pm'ing people who've given me the invitation. All of your testimonies have given me a boost, and let me know that this is just a cross that I have to bear. But thankfully, I won't have to bear it alone. Thank you all again and God bless you for you prayers and thoughts.

Love,

DJ

p.s. To Marie, I was alerted to your post as I was previewing mine. Wow, that is so true! For the longest, I've been trying to witness to my Dad and "get him saved." And since coming to know the truth, that is very much a burden lifted from me, and that is, I KNOW my Dad won't be suffering in ANY blinded christian's hell. I REJOICE over that, for truly I will not grieve as those who have no hope! God bless you, sister!

jenny06

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 01:29:46 AM »

deejcop, I will not only pray for your dad but also for you. 

My father died of cancer, spot on one of his lungs, a spot near his heart, and another on his brain.  That was nearly two decades ago when I was just 22, on February 14.  And that followed a very bad time on Christmas Eve.  I have never put any stock in celebrating Valentine's Day, though it holds even less meaning to me now.  I have to say that my father's death was a pivotal point in my faith.  With the loss of the physical father, I longed to learn more about the spiritual Father.  Right after he died, I had a couple experiences that really made me wonder even more about the spirit world, like feeling a touch on my shoulder when no one was there and like someone was there in the car with me on my three hour drive to see my mother.  Now that I look back, I feel that may have been the Spirit giving me comfort. 

I pray that the Father draws you even closer to Him in the days and years to come.  May God bless you with His peace, Jenny   

all4love

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 05:49:59 PM »

deejcop, You and your Father are in my prayers.  I fully understand what it is like to have a parent who is ill and suffering.  I pray that the Lord is with you and will give you the strenghth to get through all.

Love to you my brother in Christ,
Amy

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2006, 06:54:48 PM »

My dad died of brain cancer. He lived 11 years after having surgery for a brain tumor.
[short testimony]
I live in AZ, my dad lived in TX. The Hospice nurse called me and suggested I get home now.
I was not in a position to drop everything and fly home until the evening of the 2nd day after the call. My sister in law picked me up at the airport and we had an hour drive to the ranch.
As we went thru the gate, I saw the morticians rolling the gurney into the house. Dad had passed about an hour earlier; I did some back tracking and figured out his passing was about the same time as my plane landed.
He looked just like he was in his recliner taking a nap (which he enjoyed very much). It was one of those happy/sad times when you cry in joy/cry in sorrow. That day was Aug 27, 2001. So on 9-11-01, I don't think I reacted like most of the world.

The testimonies of everyone are touching and you can feel the love going out (at least I do).
God is in charge and we want to jump in and try to change His will. Have faith in Him that all will be for good.
My prayers go out to all.

gmik

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 04:00:48 PM »

Wow.  With tears in my eyes I feel like you all ARE the salt of the earth.  Royalty if you will!!
I am humbled to be amongst folks like you all.

DJ I will pray for you and yours. God Bless You.

Sorin

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 10:16:26 PM »

Deejcop,

I'll keep you and your Dad in my prayers.

God bless,
Sorin

hillsbororiver

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2006, 11:40:20 PM »

Deejcop,

Any new word on your Dad?

Joe

deejcop

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 04:56:10 PM »

Hi Group,

Here's an update on Pops. Right now, he is determined not to have the surgery. The family has been trying to convince him that it's really his only shot at giving him a chance at stopping the deterioration that his mind is going through. He's starting to see things that aren't there, like snakes in his basement, and hanging dead rabbits from the tree in his yard, and the tumor has pretty much taken away the prompting to eat when he's hungry, because I guess he doesn't ever FEEL hungry. It's a real challenge right now.

Again I want to say thank you all for your prayers. I am not just saying this, but I can really feel the prayers just holding me and my family up during this time. I have a feeling that everything is gonna be alright. Thank's for asking about the update, Joe.

Love y'all

hillsbororiver

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 10:16:24 PM »

You are welcome Brother,

When my Dad was in the hospital he was complaining to me about the dogs barking right outside his window, he was concerned that they would break through the glass and enter the room. The bizarre part was that he appeared totally lucid when expressing these fears, the more bizarre part is that he was on the 6th floor with only a parking lot below. He would look at me and shake his head like I was the biggest fool in the universe for nor seeing and hearing what was "really" happening.

His peace and our prayers to you and your family,

Joe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.