bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My ciggie habit  (Read 7807 times)

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: My ciggie habit
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2013, 04:59:37 PM »

So good to hear. Still praying for you. Keep on with the chillaxing. That sounds fun I should try it.  ;)

Rhys

p.s I'm controlling my use of smileys addiction, see just 1 today. Ha ha
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 05:03:00 PM by Rhys NZ »
🤫

dean kevin heyes

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2013, 06:01:52 AM »

Hi Shorty Around six months back when I came to know that JESUS was real { all doubt removed } the two or so weaks after was a pretty intense, I felt like a piece of rope between two powerfull forces being pulled in either direction,  my mind out of pure fear  had no choice in which direction it ought to go as the light had clearly chosen it, but my flesh was not so willing, at this point being fond of darkness. I had no idea about "Christian liveing" but soon learned that smokeing was not mentioned in the Bible but that it was a vice and one should not let a vice come between oneself and GOD, I am 44 know and had smoked from early teens ! Anyway upon learning this { when this  sunk in to my fleshy brain }  puffing on one at that very moment I shuddered and squashing it to pieces in my fist and despising my weakness  threw it at the ashtray with loathing , and I can say to you with humble honesty since that hour I have not  had the slightest desire! Praise be to GOD     
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:32:31 AM by dean kevin heyes »

Gina

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2013, 02:42:18 PM »

Glad to hear it, Dean.

Yeah, so I was telling Greg, who turned me to the Spirit cigarettes, that ever since I got a PM from Clauda (CJWood) telling me she was encouraged by some of the things I wrote in one of my posts here and that she was praying for me that I have cut down a lot.  I had a week there where I was smoking like a chimney (nerves), but after that I accidentally bought a pack of the Spirit full flavor cigarettes (having begun on the lights) and I smoke maybe 7 cigs a day now, which is actually pretty good.  Better than an entire pack.  And when I wake up my first thought is no longer "I want a cigarette."  Which is a miracle. 

Thanks for your continued support and prayers.

cjwood

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2013, 11:06:58 PM »

that ever since I got a PM from Clauda (CJWood) telling me she was encouraged by some of the things I wrote in one of my posts here and that she was praying for me that I have cut down a lot. 

just stepping in here to say that i am struggling with this particular lust of my flesh.  i smoke american spirit/orange box.  i have seen people in austin smoking this brand for years.  supposed to be just water and tobacco.  100% additive free.  less chemicals.  it is supposedly the chemicals put into the current cigarette brands that are lethal.  not the actually smoking.  but that is a topic that i don't care to go into.  i have discussed it to the bone a million times with myself.  i never even smoked ciggies until i was in my late 40's. 

bottom line.  i smoke now.  i hate it.  i absolutely hate that i have a smoking routine.  i find trying to stay busy helps but not for long.  i know that i am weak in my flesh at this time.  i know it is a coping mechanism that i was influenced by during my marriage.  and a coping mechanism i am most surely using now as i start out on the road to divorce.  but, most of all i know, i know this, my Father God knows my heart and knows my weaknesses and His ears have continually been open to my pleas and petitions.  and He also has received much thanks and gratitude for the mercy and grace He continually shows me. 

so gina, i will continue to pray for you and your ciggie habit.  God does not fail.  even if we might sometimes.

claudia

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 06:02:06 AM »

Praying for you Gina and Claudia with this issue

John 8:36  Therefore if the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.

That's what I pray, hope it comes to pass for both of you soon.

May God's light direct your path

Rhys  ;)
🤫

onelovedread

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 01:04:32 PM »

Shorty and Claudia, I will be praying for you both.

cjwood

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 02:27:42 PM »

i love all of you so much.

claudia

virginiabm

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2013, 11:46:56 AM »

Hi shorty and cjwood, I smoked for 40 years and last may I started the e-cig. Now over the last four years I have tried different kinds of e-cigs, but in may I started smoking cig20 e-cigs and they have woked for me and Charles who quit smoking after his operation and he smoked three packs a day I know for almost 18 years. Thats how long we have been married. He doesn't smoke regular cigs anymore. He gets the 24 strenght and I get the 18 and they work for us, you and cjwood might want to try it for awhile to see if it helps. I will be praying that God's will be done. Love YA both.

Virginia

gregorydc

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2013, 02:29:17 PM »

Just want to give a big AMEN to all these prayers here!  I know how hard it is to quit.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.