bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sharing is Caring  (Read 7599 times)

Laa Laa

Sharing is Caring
« on: January 23, 2013, 10:58:26 PM »

Hello. I just wanted to share a few things about who I am and why I am here.

I'm not really new to the site, just to the forum. I've been coming to this site for a long time. My father (he is a deacon) introduced it to me by explaining some of his thoughts on "hell" and eternity. I grew up in a family of re-thinkers so of course it caught my attention. Nevertheless, it was refreshing to finally have answers to the questions I've asked for so long.

I hate to say this but institutionalized Christians always annoyed me, so I shunned the church buildings, the church folk, the church hats, the pimp shoes, and the collection baskets. I always felt guilty for that or like I was rejecting God, but really I was rejecting confusion and deceit and this site is helping me to understand that. I still can't stand my "Christian" school I was forced to go to. Please don't get me started on those people.

Lately, I've been desiring to know God's Word better. I find myself on this site more than ever reading about some of the most popular Bible stories (Noah and the flood, David & Goliath, Job, etc). Needless to say, if I had my own Bible it would be easier, but I plan on getting one soon enough. LOL

I'm nowhere near the perfect Christian but I'm finally in a place where my Spirit wants to know who God is and I'm desiring to have a relationship with Him. Just last year I was a new wife and a new mother so this may have brought out some changes. Hopefully, through studying and learning, I'll continue to shed my old ways and activities (Lord knows the Real Housewives are quite the distraction).

I joined because I wanted to be among others who seek the truth. I get discouraged sometimes when I try to open up about my beliefs and that I don't believe in an eternal hell. They're lucky I don't have a Bible because I would probably slap them in the head with it.

This is why I seek the truth. There is a lot of confusion, anger, and misguidance that I have in me and I'm tired of it. I hope you all will welcome me even though I'm not quite "there" yet. 

Kat

Re: Sharing is Caring
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 11:23:06 PM »

Hi Laa Laa,

I'm glad you decided to join us  :)
I think it is really good to seek out other like minded people to get the support and encouragement you need in this walk. Most of us are usually too far apart to get together in person, so the forum is the next best thing. Join in whenever you see something that interest you or ask your own question.

Here are the links to our info and check out the forum rules, it will help you understand how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

General discussion board, this is to ask questions and discuss what is presented at the Bible-truths.com site.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,3.0.html

Child board for General discussion board - FAQ
(most frequently asked questions)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,23.0.html

Forum Indexes & Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Videos
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Ray's 2008 Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Transcripts of Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Off Topic board, this is to discuss things that do not directly relate to BT, you will find a good bit of humor here.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,4.0.html

child board on Off Topic board
Inspirationals, Writings, Poems, Etc.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,15.0.html

Testimonies / Prayer Requests / Fellowship board, this is mostly for personal posts.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,5.0.html

Child boards (only available to members) on Testimonies board
Who Am I? (members pics and other stuff)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

Members Recipes, for sharing recipes and food tips
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,22.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 11:24:01 PM »

Hi Laa Laa

It's great to meet you. It's great that you reading the material and have a hunger for it. Much like myself. I'm nowhere perfect to. I understand where you at. Your in a good place here. I pray you find peace here and come closer to the Lord.

I wish you all the best with being a new mother.

Slap them in the head with the bible.  :D

God bless

Rhys
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:28:03 PM by Rhys NZ »
🤫

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 12:14:25 AM »

Welcome to you.  And beware of those who say they ARE quite there yet.   ;D  If we were perfect, we wouldn't need the encouragement of Scripture.  I hope the good news continues to grow in you.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

gregorydc

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 07:53:30 AM »

Welcome Laa Laa,
May God bless you here in this place!  There are many in your shoes here, almost all on the same path, going to the same place, just not at the same time. May Gods truth set you free!
Greg

cherokee

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 08:22:18 AM »

Hey Laa Laa,

Welcome to the forum.

Blessings,
Suzie

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 12:17:11 PM »

This is why I seek the truth. There is a lot of confusion, anger, and misguidance that I have in me and I'm tired of it. I hope you all will welcome me even though I'm not quite "there" yet.

Hi Laa Laa,

Thank you for sharing with us and welcome to the forum. :)

It is a blessing from God to even have the desire to seek the truth, so you are on the right path!  May the Lord continue to bless you on this journey.

René

onelovedread

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 12:27:56 PM »

Welcome Laa Laa,
We're on the same road to seeking the truth so let's all walk together.

By the way please let me know if and when you find the "the perfect Christian" ;)
I'll help you continue to search through this forum  ;D

mharrell08

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 05:25:29 PM »

Like the Talladega Nights reference, funny.  :)

Welcome to the forum

indianabob

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 05:23:15 PM »

Hello Laa laa,

Great to have one so young and full of desire to learn.
Not many great or wise people are called to know the truth, so you are in good company.
God calls the very ordinary so that He can make of them a people for His own name, so that no one can boast of the accomplishments with which we are gifted.
You are on the right track to become a servant of the true God, just remember it's His work in you.
I'm a little older than you and my wife and I have four little rug rats the youngest of which was born in 1970. We still get out their baby pictures to recall when they were little darlings. (smile)
Please do share as much as you wish, it helps us all to remember how we started and to appreciate how far God has brought us, as well as how far we have yet to travel. The real blessing is to know that God will finish His work in us however long it may take.

Kindly offered, INdiana Bob

Laa Laa

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 09:34:44 PM »

Thanks everyone. I feel so welcome! I'm loving the encouragement and you guys are right. None of us are perfect. I'm still a little intimidated by the knowledge on this board, but I am very eager to learn.

Funny thing is, I was reading one of Ray's emails about Prayer to try to understand how it works and how we don't change God's mind. I was led to pray and ask for guidance on how to live within my means and let go of the compulsive shopping. Looks like I will need to start budgeting right away because I received some bad news about my hubby being let go at his job yesterday. Nevertheless, the joy of the Lord is my strength and I know that He is ultimately in control and getting to know HIM couldn't have come at a better time. A month ago, this would've devastated me. Now, I can look at the situation and say "I get it!" and continue to lift up praise.

There was time that I didn't believe in God or the Bible. I'm just so glad to be here now.  :)

indianabob

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 12:39:42 AM »

Thanks for sharing that Laa Laa,
It's good that you are examining yourself for places to improve.
Regarding your intent to work on the compulsive shopping.
Please share with your hubby the feelings you shared with all of us.
Having lost his job, he is going to worry more than usual, so he'll need reassurance that you really do understand the situation you both are in and that you are working on it and WANT his advice on matters.
Then love him all the more. Men really like that.  ;)  ;D

Regards, Indiana Bob

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 01:42:28 AM »

Thanks everyone. I feel so welcome! I'm loving the encouragement and you guys are right. None of us are perfect. I'm still a little intimidated by the knowledge on this board, but I am very eager to learn.

Hi Laa Laa

I reached perfection this morning then I lost it a few hours later once I woke up.  :D

I too find myself intimidated by all the knowledge here. It's all wonderful stuff but does take it's time to sink in. Only been a member for a few months myself. Keep praying and seeking God and He will show you more and more of His truth and His hand in your life.

Here's a passage that means a lot to me and have come to see more and more to be true in my life.

Mat 6:25  Therefore I say to you, Do not be anxious for your life, what you shall eat, or what you shall drink; nor for your body, what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
Mat 6:26  Behold the birds of the air; for they sow not, nor do they reap, nor gather into barns. Yet your heavenly Father feeds them; are you not much better than they are?
Mat 6:27  Which of you by being anxious can add one cubit to his stature?
Mat 6:28  And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow. They do not toil, nor do they spin,
Mat 6:29  but I say to you that even Solomon in his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
Mat 6:30  Therefore if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much rather clothe you, little-faiths?
Mat 6:31  Therefore do not be anxious, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, With what shall we be clothed?
Mat 6:32  For the nations seek after all these things. For your heavenly Father knows that you have need of all these things.
Mat 6:33  But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you.

I hope and pray your husband finds another job soon.

I have been in that place of not believing in God and the bible. I've also been in a place then of hating God but praise God I'm not in that place now. I feel encouraged and loved in my time so far on the forum so hope the same will be for you.

God bless

Rhys
🤫

thewatchman

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 04:12:30 AM »

Here's a great revelation that God gave me to cope with the idea of the enormity before me sometimes.

Psa 119:105  NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

The mistake many people make is to imagine the whole journey before you start, but this is daunting. Rather, God in his mercy and divine inspiration of his spirit only lights up the next step. The lamp is to light up where your feet are. Not the entire journey.  In the lesson he is teaching you today. Not Afar off. Today

2Co 6:2  (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

I have learned to trust GOD for the day and the dealing with my flesh today and He is my alpha and omega and He will perfect or mature me.  I can't win in my own will. Isn't he good? He doesn't overwhelm us. 8)

Gina

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 03:11:54 PM »

Welcome Laa Laa.  :) 

Patric

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2013, 10:19:25 AM »

aaaaa yes slapping upside the head with the bible.....lol honestly I was more likely to do that while I was religious as opposed to know that some truth has been revealed to me....at this point.....I am more likely to accept people for where they are....good or bad....right or wrong.....and know that our Father is in control.....Laa Laa it is good to have you with us.

Laa Laa

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 10:42:10 PM »

Thanks my people!

Yeah I still have a little frustration in me. I was a fighter growing up and it's a battle trying to shake this temper. I'm not where I wanna be but as long as I ain't where I used to be, I'll take it!

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 09:38:23 PM »

Nicely said Laa Laa. I've got things in my life to deal with too. It's just a crooked path we are on.

Pro 3:5  Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
Pro 3:6  In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

They have to be crooked in the first place for Him to make them straight and straight He will make them. Amen!

Rhys
🤫
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.