bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thankful to God in all things  (Read 20723 times)

Ian 155

Re: Thankful to God in all things
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2013, 04:03:51 PM »

ahem,  John,  - You started this, with your, " I is so good looking" post  ;D 

Ian

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2013, 05:36:39 PM »

i sent gina 3 private messages.  private messages, moderators.  no lies.  just messages in private about concerns for and by manuela.  and gina decides to make my pm's public.  why, gina.  why?

look where you took this thread.  i never even commented on the thread publicly.  why did you betray the function of sending forum members private messages, by making private conversations public?

rhys, i apologize to you.

claudia

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2013, 10:11:00 PM »

I'm thankful for the opportunity to humble ourselves before we get humbled, and to forgive others before we receive forgiveness.  I'm thankful that the Sermon on the Mount is for those who believe, and that the LORD doesn't require of those who are not His disciples anything at all, except to wait their turn.  Sometimes, at least, I'm thankful for the beam in my eye, as it makes me think more highly of others, who only have specks. 

And sometimes I'm thankful for the opportunity to test spirits, as it reminds me over and over again that Jesus is LORD.  Sometimes its best just to let flags fly.

I'm also thankful to God for the 'lock thread' button, even though using it tends to draw more attention.  Please don't make us do that.   ;D  And please remember that the forum IS moderated.  If we can't have peace voluntarily, we will still have it.

Let's get back to the topic, or move on. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2013, 10:41:06 PM »

Nicely said Dave. I hope peace comes voluntarily as well. I also hope and pray your situation with Gina will be sorted soon Claudia. I feel we do need each other well at least that's how I feel.

I like your line too Dave about having the opportunity to humble ourselves before we get humbled. Been down that road of "before we get humbled" a number of times and can be quite tough and painful. Guess I'm learning more and more to be humble first and forgive. I feel that helps me be more thankful.

God bless  ;)

Rhys
🤫

Gina

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2013, 04:12:18 AM »

Sometimes, at least, I'm thankful for the beam in my eye, as it makes me think more highly of others, who only have specks.

I will never, ever be thankful for the beam in my eye DiT.  Not ever.  Having a beam in my eye and being thankful for it to me means that I'd be thankful for the sin in me.  No thanks.  I want that thing OUT.  lol  But I think I know what you're trying to say.  Not picking on you, Dave.  Just remembering how Ray told us that once you get the beam out of your eye, you'll be able to see that the person with the "speck" actually has a beam in their eye too!  Wow!!  That was an amazing, amazing truth I will never forget (er ... I hope I always remember). 

I shared that online with another person on another forum, and someone was really blessed by it. 

Gina

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2013, 04:36:58 AM »

Apparently, my "beam" isn't my only problem. 

"She's got a unicorn horn and wild purple hair. It was kinda freaky. But if you can get past the mole under her left eye with the four hairs each succeeding in size from largest to smallest, you’ll do just fine"

haha!!  I love it.  That's from my new online friend to another online acquaintance.  Don'tcha love her?  She describes me perfectly!  She clearly has gotten the log out of her own eye. 

dodrill

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2013, 05:33:37 AM »

I thought the implication of a beam in one's own eye was regarding a character flaw not sin
If so, is it my flaws that make me weaker in certain areas than others not willful sin?
I'll have to have another look with the good eye ;)

Gina

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2013, 11:04:32 AM »

Well, I believe you're so right Hayley, my chubby kissable cheekS friend.  (Hope you don't mind me saying that--but if you do I'll stop.  My daughter has some kissable cheeks.)  I guess I figured since character flaws naturally lead one to sin that that's pretty much the same thing as sin.  So I have just learned something brand new today.  Thank you for your reply. 

A character flaw is defined as:  a defect of character, an Achilles' heel, a weakness, a vulnerable point.

Wow.  What a revelation.  I always thought it was sin itself.  I was under the impression that the character flaws (speck) that we see in others are actually gigantic disorders of the brain, rather heart, that compels one to sin (i.e., the carnal mind -- which is enmity with God -- what makes us hate God's guts and everyone around us).

« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 01:41:12 PM by " Shorty " »

Gina

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2013, 11:19:19 AM »

Wow, you put a fire under my hiney Hayley.  I'm on a mad rush to go make sure I didn't misunderstand.  This is good my rhyming friend.

From Ray's Repentance and Guilty of All paper
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=3709.0

Why didn’t Jesus Christ say, why do you try to purify your brother’s heart, of some small sin, when you got a heart that is corrupt? Why didn’t He say that? That’s more in keeping with where the sin comes from, right, the heart?

. . .
But I’m telling you, why you’ll only see a speck. Because you’re not living by faith and your living by sight and the carnality of the mind, through sight and what you see. When that sight is impeded you don’t see very well, so you think your brother has a speck in his eye, he does not. He has a beam in his eye too. But you can’t see it with a beam in your eye. Are you following this? You can’t see it with a beam in your eye. If you get that beam out and you say, 'OH! I thought it was a speck, it’s a beam!'

(Emphasis mine.)

Okay, yeah, I was right.  (Phew! What a relief to know that I'm just a big, steamy pile of clay. ha!  With a unicorn horn and a mole under my left eye, of course.  -- I try really hard to cover those things up but L'Oreal only covers so much.  Nome sayin?   ;) )
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 11:25:20 AM by " Shorty " »

Gina

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2013, 11:52:42 AM »

See, this is precisely why I like you, Hayley.  When I grow up, I want to be like you.  A kid!  hehe  (Unless you become as one of these little children..  :-*)

So, yeah, this has my mind going. Boy.  This is good stuff.  Okay, so in order for us to get the gigantic sin out of us we have to work, but in actuality, God must work in us, because the carnal mind likes sin.  (I'm just figuring all this out--not correcting you.)  Okay, so tell me if I'm right, okay?  So, the carnal mind, which is enmity with God and hates God, obviously doesn't see a gigantic sin in their brother's eye but only a speck because it only sees what it wants to see, because the carnal mind doesn't want to even acknowledge that it has sin ("whoever says he has no sin, is a liar"  No, no, that's not what it says:  It 1John 1:18 says:  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.  Pretty much the same thing).

To deceive ourselves is to ... sin?  The heart is deceitful above all and exceedingly weak.

Deceitful is defined as:  deceptive - false - fraudulent - delusive - lying

Okay, yes, so I'm a lying, big steamy pile of clay.  Phew.  Just making sure!

Thanks for letting me work that out.

So, if I'm just a big fat liar deep deep down inside, then God's going to have to work in me in to get that beam out, because my carnal mind likes to think all I have is a little itty bitty speck (maybe that's why we prefer to see specks in brother's eyes -- because it makes us feel as though we're being less judgmental and holier than thou (phoney baloney).  I can only keep that up for so long though, because the truth has a way of getting in.. (I can run but I can't hide.)   So, here's to mud in your eye!

Raisin rice and rye .... bye-bye!

Gina

« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2013, 12:39:15 PM »

Exactly.  Because you can't see a person's heart (under the surface) unless God reveals it to you.  I'm so thankful for these truths sometimes, and other times, I'm like, Ahhh!! Noo!!  Don't show me that, Ray!!    But God is so gentle with you when you humble yourself. Have you noticed?  I think that's why you're so gentle with me.

mharrell08

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2013, 09:00:32 PM »

This topic has run it's course.

Members need to stay on topics and stop taking personal swipes at others. If your replies within a thread have a personal attack, it will be removed. Also, PMs sent to you are not to be posted on the forum. If someone wanted their comments on the open forum, they would have put them there.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.