bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Thankful to God in all things  (Read 20488 times)

Gina

Re: Thankful to God in all things
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 04:36:03 PM »

Still, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

Now, if you're poor and ugly (spiritually and physically, respectively) -- you may as well just set fire to yourself.

HA ha he heee  - Gina send me those matches

PS I have a t shirt that states "beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER"

Fnuny how aholcol has taht efefct on a preson's viison. 

I wlil sned the mtchaes jsut as soon as my brun bndagaes cmoe off.

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 07:37:09 PM »

Fnuny how aholcol has taht efefct on a preson's viison. 

I wlil sned the mtchaes jsut as soon as my brun bndagaes cmoe off.

Spellcheck , Spellcheck, Spellcheck??? I need to get drunk at some stage so I can talk like this.  :o

What's my wonderful thread coming too?  ;)

Surely not a hijacking of my own thread going on. ??? How could God be so unfair?  :P

Rhys
🤫

Gina

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 07:50:40 PM »

! Not dnurk !  I'm brneud -- I set msylef on fire!   ;D

It's not nice to hijack your own thread, Rhys. 

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 07:56:01 PM »

:) ;) Too true  :D ;D

Look what it has resulted to  ??? Overuse of smileys syndrome  :-[ :P :'(

Rhys
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:58:10 PM by Rhys NZ »
🤫

Gina

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 07:58:18 PM »

Psshhhh.  Dontcha hate it when that happens.

Michael

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2013, 04:20:27 PM »

Hello Rhys,

I can't say I'm too thankful for the trials that come my way. At least not right away. Like you and Greg and many others I'm sure, in retrospect I can see where trials and troubles where a good thing that turned me around and back on course or kept me out of continued trouble. Other trials or tribulations...... I still have no clue as to the benefit of them. Not yet anyway.
I wonder to myself if this cannot be some sort of guidepost. The quicker I can give thanks in times of trial, great and small, the closer I am ......maybe that's not how I should look at it. I don't know. 
More recently, when big trials happen, I don't complain, I ask God, (admittedly, sometimes with a *sigh*), "Now what?". Not quite thanking and rejoicing, but I think I'm headed the right way. Of course the answer to , 'Now What?", may take some time to come. Hard to continually be thankful when it looks like your world is collapsing around you. At least we know who to run to at that point........(Full circle?).

1 Thessalonians 5:18
give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

If it's His will for us to 'give thanks in all things', then it will happen, eventually.

Anyway, I do understand Rays thoughts on this. If persecution, trials and tribulations will help, "qualify us for His kingdom", then, 'bring them on so I can qualify quicker'. I suppose it would be easier to do that if we could see ourselves in the process of qualifying , right then and there. Being a builder of things, the building process can get quite messy and disorganized and though not complete, I know what the end result will be and can deal with the temporary mess. I can't say I have that in the spiritual sense. Perhaps the more spiritual we become, the more we can see the end result and the easier it will be to deal with our temporary mess?....not to mention the, 'this is going to be great when finished', hope for the future.
Ramble, ramble, ramble. Not much help other than to say, you've got company on this trip.

Extol,

I'm sort of in the same boat as you, the worry and the fear when life seems, ok. Not a good place to be.
Though I may not be well off, I'm more well off than a lot of folks out there so there is the, 'success guilt',  hanging over me. 'Why am I ok while others are miserable?'. 'Does my getting by ok now mean that my rewards are now and not in the future?" Drives me crazy sometimes.
In one of Rays papers he talks about the 7 falls that we each need to go through, or something like that. I've only had 3 or 4 which means I'm looking at 3 or 4 more...? Ugg. Hard to be thinking worry and fear free when there may be more big trials on the way. (I may have misinterpreted what Ray was saying but I'm pretty sure that was the gist of it). I'm going to to go find that again and read it a few more times to see what he meant. Perhaps it was spiritual falls, perhaps carnal, not that knowing which will make it any easier. I'm not sure now.

John 14:27
"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.

So there we go. Sounds simple right?

It's all a process, and it can take time.

Michael

By the way, I don't surf, but dig surf music.
Couple of classics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJmI6fAPUSk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqC3BjIyq_0

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2013, 05:38:13 PM »

Thanks Michael. I seem to be in a very similar situation as you are so is quite helpful to me to read what you have shared.

I like this verse to - Col 2:7
having been rooted and being built up in Him, and being confirmed in the faith according as you were taught, superabounding in it with thanksgiving.

I like the fact of not only being rooted in Him but also built up.

Maybe as I come to realise that more I too will be superabounding in it with thanksgiving.

Was the 7 falls from The Lake of Fire - PART VI - The life of the believer. If not let me know, would like to have a read myself.

Cool surf music by the way. Perhaps I don't need to take up surfing now just listen to the music (I can feel those cool vibes already working man!)

Rhys

« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 07:25:55 PM by Rhys NZ »
🤫

Michael

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2013, 07:39:59 PM »

LOF 13
http://bible-truths.com/lake13.html

OK. I see. Ray was talking about the, 'Falling away', and pointed out a proverb that mentioned man will fall 7 times,

THERE MUST COME A ‘FALLING AWAY’ FIRST

I have shown you that John, Paul, Peter, ALL of the apostles, the whole church in Asia, the Seven Churches of Revelation, the entire flock of God’s called, all built their houses upon spiritual sand—in other words EVERYONE ever called by God, falls, falls down, falls away.

The Proverb tells us that, "For a just man falls seven times…" That’s a COMPLETE fall. But strange as it may seem, this is necessary in God’s plan. What happens to a just man after he falls seven times? "…and RISES UP AGAIN" (Prov. 24:16). When he completely falls, he falls from grace. But for those whom God is both calling AND choosing, they will RISE UP AGAIN, for

"Who are you that judges another man’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Yes, he shall be holden up [made to stand up]: for God is able to MAKE HIM STAND" (Rom. 14:4).

My take now is that it's not mentioning a total of 7 separate falls, though it sure reads like that, but rather, the 'seven' is the number of completeness of a fall or of a cumulative fall.
This would be a spiritual fall.

Here's the Proverb,
15 Lie not in wait as a wicked man against the dwelling of the righteous;
    do no violence to his home;
16 for the righteous falls seven times and rises again,
    but the wicked stumble in times of calamity.

Michael

eskimojerry

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2013, 07:12:25 AM »

My last two years have been like "C'mon, get me outta this 'sermon on the mount' prison" already. And than I think to myselft, "the more will be better for me, bring it on". And I cry and pray,...but, God is nowhere to be found, but my whole being knows that He is everywhere and is for me. And yet, I can't wait to get out of this prison.

"put me back in the matrix" than the next second, I can't explain it but it's like "don't ever put me anywhere else, this is the best place for me now", the waves calm down, the world gets beautiful again and I forget my sorrows and look forward to a day.

And my hope is renewed, day after day.

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2013, 11:52:07 PM »

Hi Jerry

I get what you mean about the prison. Here's a good thread from a couple of years ago

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11231.msg97094.html#msg97094

I believe that if anyone is not Spiritually minded and doing the things of God in a way which is consistent with the Truths of the Spirit,then,to me at least, that would be a prison of the heart and mind[a carnal way of thinking]. Of course the only One with the key to freedom from that prison is Jesus the Christ.

John 8;32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 8;36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Rhys
🤫

eskimojerry

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2013, 02:55:52 PM »

Thank you, Rhys.

It says that 'good works' will be performed. Good works towards people, feeding, clothing, sheltering, etc...  helping the least. I'm not even at a point where I  could be 'accused' of doing these good works. That is my dream. To do good works and be yelled at to be less physical and more spiritual. To be a blessing and not a liability.

manuela

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2013, 10:40:35 PM »

Dear Gina,
I do not appreciate how you talk about Ray. Please stop posting things that have nothing to do with his character or his teachings. He did not believe in vanity like many other people.
Thank you
Manuela

Gina

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2013, 10:52:06 PM »

In my defense, Manuela, I was not putting Ray down.  I was just stating a fact.  I'm sorry that my comment upset you.  And if anyone thinks that I was putting Ray down by that comment, they misunderstood my point entirely.  I was referring to the fact that it matters NOT what people look like.  God drew people to Jesus and the Good News in spite of what Jesus looked like (appearance marred more than any man's).  That was my point.

Isaiah 53:2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.

I wouldn't compare Ray to Jesus, who also was no one of beauty and he was not vain, but I don't think that he would have denied that he was overweight, no fault of his own of course!

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 10:59:41 PM by Game Over »

indianabob

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2013, 02:28:25 AM »

Hi Gina,
An excerpt from your message above was.
"Take Hugh Hefner for example.  He is old, wrinkled and fugly!  Do you think that matters to his new bride?"

Well yes, I do think it matters. It would to any sane, healthy young woman who has demeaned herself for money.
These folks are going to need help just as much as any of us on the forum, to salve their wounds and scars, when the time comes.

There are many down trodden people in the world and we don't know their struggles or background, but it seems plain to me that considering the number of "young ladies" this Hefner has had or pretended to have for advertising his magazine and keeping the income flowing, that his and their motivation was not love or true respect and affection.

Of course I cannot judge. But not judging (their fate) doesn't mean not evaluating the error of their ways.
I feel sorry for the women and men who sell themselves for money, position and fame.

Kindly offered, Indiana bob, still chugging along in Plymouth, IN

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2013, 03:21:16 AM »

Thanks to everyone for your helpful advice to my topic here. It is quite a help to me and am sure for others as well.

The topic was about being thankful for the trials and tribulations and persecutions that come to us believers. I'm not sure what Hugh Hefner and his women has to do with this. I don't think much of the guy especially when he marries a women 60 years younger than himself. I don't even know why this guy is mentioned on my post.

I hope this thread can stay on target or perhaps the moderators need to look at locking it. I know some have been removed recently and I don't want this one to be removed as I feel I raised a good topic within the rules and there are a lot of helpful comments here.

I hope we can just keep focused on what Ray taught. His teaching is a massive blessing to me. It's just I need help along the way hence the questions. I'm sure I will have many more in the future. Dealing with the carnal man ain't so easy.

Blessings to each one.

Rhys
🤫

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2013, 05:04:31 AM »

Was not blaming you there Gina. I think your example of hefner was a good one. It just went a bit off afterwards and I didn't help much by adding my silly ways to things. It was bob who started going on about that guy that I felt was irrelevant to the topic. I'm sure you love Ray as I do or you wouldn't still be here. Maybe what you have said here kind of brings it back on topic of being thankful in these difficult times. All of us are going through it to some sort of degree and I know for myself it's often hard to see God in all that is going on. Guess that's why I started this thread. But I'm learning more and more that He is right in the middle of it. The picture that comes into my mind right now is being taken further and further out to sea away from the safety of the coast, you wonder how far your going to keep going out to sea. The good news is that Jesus is at the helm and we will be just fine.

Blessings

Rhys
🤫

Gina

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2013, 09:32:57 AM »

I'm thankful you're here, Rhys. 

Thank you all for not holding anything against me, and for your prayers.  We're all grieving over something, and I'm thankful that I have some of you to divert my attention (in whatever way God sees fit) from those things that truly grieve me.

Weeping shall endure for a night, but there is joy in the morning.

Which morning will that be, God?  :)

God bless us, everyone.
Gina

Gina

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2013, 12:56:29 PM »

Deep down JFK, you're so shallow.  ;D

manuela

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2013, 01:10:43 PM »

Gina,
I sent you a message weeks ago. Please stay on topic and think before you type. I don't mean to be rude but some of your comments should not be made.

Gina

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2013, 02:59:07 PM »

Dear Manuela,

You're not coming across as rude to me at all.  My feelings aren't hurt and I'm not offended by anything you have said to me in the least. 

I'm telling you that I never received your message weeks ago.  I don't know who you sent it to but it wasn't me.  I check all my messages.

And if you tell me which comments I shouldn't make, then I'll think them over and have a talk with God about it.

p.s.  I noticed no one had a problem with me saying Jesus was ugly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.