bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Anyone Else See This?  (Read 19699 times)

snorky

Re: Does Anyone Else See This?
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2006, 01:20:34 PM »

I have needed this thread, because the issue of judging Christians for believing heresies hits home with my blog (which forum rules state I can't post). I am on a spiritual journey so when I post to this blog I am posting about what God has led me to spiritual discern, which is amazing since I stopped looking at the Bible through the eyes of what others have claimed about it. Yet I believe I still have "logs" in my own eyes. So, am I wrong to call the Pharisees of today to task?--snorky

Dan

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2006, 02:08:13 PM »

quote: what about these verses?Huh  not knowing what they are doing versus having known and rejected???     

Man does not reject anything on his own accord. Period.

The Father is in complete control of mans will, mans mans life and mans death.

Do you suppose Pharoah was rejecting Gods demand on his own accord?

Do you suppose Samson killed Phillistines or married a gentile on his own accord?

Do you suppose that you can come to the knowledge and reject Him on your own accord?

"in his mind a man set his path, but he Lord (even) determines his steps"

Luk 7:41  There were two debtors to a certain creditor: the one owed five hundred denarii and the other fifty.(one sinned more than the other)
Luk 7:42  But they not having a thing to pay, he freely forgave both. Then which of them do you say will love him most?
Luk 7:43  And answering, Simon said, I suppose the one to whom he freely forgave the most. And He said to him, You have judged rightly.

if anyone is punished for any sins commited, then he actually is not forgiven for the sins is he?

If a person has to PAY for a sin no matter how great or how small then the act of Christ bearing and forgiving  the sins of the world is not true.

Of course the wages of sin is death. And when we sin(sow into the wind) we reap the whirlwind. But this IS by design of our great Father.

The Father brought us into sin on purpose so that when the end of sin(death) occurs we can see how glorious He really is. We can only appreciate this if we experience or live through His opposite or sin.

We cannot fully realize or appreciate what light is unless we experience what darkness is.

I have much to say on this topic, however I dont expect most to see what I am saying.

Dan

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2006, 02:16:10 PM »

Luk 7:41  There were two debtors to a certain creditor: the one owed five hundred denarii and the other fifty.(one sinned more than the other)
Luk 7:42 But they not having a thing to pay, he freely forgave both.

If a person can pay for his sins through punishment, he WOULD "have a thing to pay"

rocky

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2006, 02:27:44 PM »

quote: what about these verses?Huh  not knowing what they are doing versus having known and rejected???     

Man does not reject anything on his own accord. Period.

The Father is in complete control of mans will, mans mans life and mans death.

Do you suppose Pharoah was rejecting Gods demand on his own accord?

Do you suppose Samson killed Phillistines or married a gentile on his own accord?

Do you suppose that you can come to the knowledge and reject Him on your own accord?

"in his mind a man set his path, but he Lord (even) determines his steps"

Luk 7:42  But they not having a thing to pay, he freely forgave both. Then which of them do you say will love him most?
Luk 7:43  And answering, Simon said, I suppose the one to whom he freely forgave the most. And He said to him, You have judged rightly.

if anyone is punished for any sins commited, then he actually is not forgiven for the sins is he?

If a person has to PAY for a sin no matter how great or how small then the act of Christ bearing and forgiving  the sins of the world is not true.

Of course the wages of sin is death. And when we sin(sow into the wind) we reap the whirlwind. But this IS by design of our great Father.

The Father brought us into sin on purpose so that when the end of sin(death) occurs we can see how glorious He really is. We can only appreciate this if we experience or live through His opposite or sin.

We cannot fully realize or appreciate what light is unless we experience what darkness is.

I have much to say on this topic, however I dont expect most to see what I am saying.

I too believe God is in control of all. 

I need help in understanding Romans 1-3, and reconciling that man is not accountable for his sins, "forgive them for they no not what they do".

The wages of sin is death, and we all die.  The only way to life is through death.  So it seems to me, we all do pay for our sins, we all die.  What the cross does, is guarantee a resurrection.  Death no longer has any power.  If forgiveness doesn't mean we have to pay the consequence of it, then none would die.  I don't see Christs death and resurrection as substitutional, but as the path we all take, and only accomplished through the power of the risen Christ.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 02:29:25 PM by rocky »

arnold

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2006, 05:46:57 PM »

Read your last post,

You said you wondered if Calvinist would burn in hell forever.  That an indication that you believe hell is forever right?
you are the author of that post right.

And just to let you know I am not trying to be harmful in anyway, just trying to figure it out.

arnold

orion77

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2006, 07:39:04 PM »

1 Corinthinans 5
 12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

Almost everyone looks at verses like this with fleshly understanding. They do the very same thing the scribes and pharisees did to the woman who was caught in adultry.
They believed she was a sinner and need to be Expelled.

Jesus told them that the one who is without sin can start the expelling.(cast the first stone)

Joh 8:9  But hearing, and being convicted by the conscience, they went out one by one, beginning from the older ones, until the last. And Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the middle.
Joh 8:10  And Jesus bending back up, and having seen no one but the woman, He said to her, Woman, where are those, the accusers of you? Did not one give judgment against you?
Joh 8:11  And she said, No one, Lord. And Jesus said to her, Neither do I judge you. Go, and sin no more.
Joh 8:12  Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, I am the Light of the world. The one following Me will in no way walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life.

The only one who was qualified to expel or cast a stone or punish for sins done, chose to give mercy and love and forgiveness. This is the way those who are qualified to judge others will judge, not by "punishment, reproof, correction, lashes" but by mercy!

Rom 9:16  So, then, it is not of the one willing, nor of the one running, but of the One showing mercy, of God

Rom 11:31  so also these now have disobeyed, so that they also may obtain mercy by your mercy.
Rom 11:32  For God shut up all into disobedience, that He may show mercy to all.

Luk 10:36  Who, then, of these three seems to you to have become a neighbor to the one having fallen among the plunderers?
Luk 10:37  And he said, The one doing the deed of mercy with him. Then Jesus said to him, Go, and you do likewise.

This is what it is to be Christ like, we forgive them because they dont know what they are doing!

"Expel the wicked man from among you" -- this is YOU

remember the scribes and pharisees went to expel the wicked woman only to be expelled themselves.

When Christ says to get the plank out of your eye FIRST.  He saying show mercy on others because you have sin also. no finger pointing, no expelling..

and if you are without sin (no more plank) you are to judge like Christ judged ..."Jesus said to her, Neither do I judge you"

Rom 3:10  according as it has been written, "There is not a righteous one, not even one!"
Rom 3:11  "There is not one understanding; there is not one seeking God."
Rom 3:12  All turned away, they became worthless together, not one is doing goodness, not so much as one!

Rom 3:23  for all sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Rom 3:24  being justified freely by His grace through the redemption in Christ Jesus

when we read the scriptures, those of the flesh are blinded and deaf. Those of the spirit see with their eyes and hear with their ears.

The flesh sees:  wrath, judgement, pain, retribution, punishment, you get what you deserve

The Spirit sees: Love, Forgiveness, Mercy, Grace

Dan, very well said.  Are not we thankful that God IS, love, mercy and forgiveness?  Lucky for us all, and these are what we are to become.

(1Co 13:4)  Love has patience, is kind; love is not envious; love is not vain, is not puffed up;

(1Co 13:5)  does not behave indecently, does not pursue its own things, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil;

(1Co 13:6)  does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth.

(1Co 13:7)  Love quietly covers all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

God bless,

Gary

Joey Porter

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2006, 10:15:52 PM »

Read your last post,

You said you wondered if Calvinist would burn in hell forever.  That an indication that you believe hell is forever right?
you are the author of that post right.

And just to let you know I am not trying to be harmful in anyway, just trying to figure it out.

arnold

Not sure if this was for me, but I mentioned calvinists a while ago so perhaps it is.

My point is that I wonder if they will be led to believe that they were chosen by God to burn in hell forever, and so be tormented by their own teaching.  Not that they actually would burn in hell forever.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 10:16:33 PM by Joey Porter »

Joey Porter

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2006, 10:26:05 PM »

1 Corinthinans 5
 12What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

Almost everyone looks at verses like this with fleshly understanding. They do the very same thing the scribes and pharisees did to the woman who was caught in adultry.
They believed she was a sinner and need to be Expelled.

Jesus told them that the one who is without sin can start the expelling.(cast the first stone)

Joh 8:9  But hearing, and being convicted by the conscience, they went out one by one, beginning from the older ones, until the last. And Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the middle.
Joh 8:10  And Jesus bending back up, and having seen no one but the woman, He said to her, Woman, where are those, the accusers of you? Did not one give judgment against you?
Joh 8:11  And she said, No one, Lord. And Jesus said to her, Neither do I judge you. Go, and sin no more.
Joh 8:12  Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, I am the Light of the world. The one following Me will in no way walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life.

The only one who was qualified to expel or cast a stone or punish for sins done, chose to give mercy and love and forgiveness. This is the way those who are qualified to judge others will judge, not by "punishment, reproof, correction, lashes" but by mercy!

Rom 9:16  So, then, it is not of the one willing, nor of the one running, but of the One showing mercy, of God

Rom 11:31  so also these now have disobeyed, so that they also may obtain mercy by your mercy.
Rom 11:32  For God shut up all into disobedience, that He may show mercy to all.

Luk 10:36  Who, then, of these three seems to you to have become a neighbor to the one having fallen among the plunderers?
Luk 10:37  And he said, The one doing the deed of mercy with him. Then Jesus said to him, Go, and you do likewise.

This is what it is to be Christ like, we forgive them because they dont know what they are doing!

"Expel the wicked man from among you" -- this is YOU

remember the scribes and pharisees went to expel the wicked woman only to be expelled themselves.

When Christ says to get the plank out of your eye FIRST.  He saying show mercy on others because you have sin also. no finger pointing, no expelling..

and if you are without sin (no more plank) you are to judge like Christ judged ..."Jesus said to her, Neither do I judge you"

Rom 3:10  according as it has been written, "There is not a righteous one, not even one!"
Rom 3:11  "There is not one understanding; there is not one seeking God."
Rom 3:12  All turned away, they became worthless together, not one is doing goodness, not so much as one!

Rom 3:23  for all sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Rom 3:24  being justified freely by His grace through the redemption in Christ Jesus

when we read the scriptures, those of the flesh are blinded and deaf. Those of the spirit see with their eyes and hear with their ears.

The flesh sees:  wrath, judgement, pain, retribution, punishment, you get what you deserve

The Spirit sees: Love, Forgiveness, Mercy, Grace

I think there is God given discernment that must be used when executing judgment for different, individual cases.  For example, I still have many weaknesses of the flesh, so I really try not to judge or rebuke others who have those same weaknesses.  However, in certain cases, I think we are probably instructed to point out to a brother any willful sin with a hardened heart.  For example, Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 5:

11But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

Again, I believe this is someone who is repeatedly shown the truth of his sinful actions and yet hardens himself and still tries to associate with honest seeking brethren.  Sometimes it can be tricky to discern, but we can't allow that type of behavior in our midst or else we ourselves may fall pray to disobedience.  We should always be merciful in our judgments, but we must also keep in mind:

Galatians 6
1Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.

This is not an easy task, walking that fine line of showing a brother his faults gently, without falling victim to sinfulness ourselves.  On the other hand, we must not be too overbearing, especially if someone is committing a sin that may be a weakness of our own, lest we make ourselves out to be a hypocrite. 

Dan

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2006, 10:57:18 PM »

One thing I would like to add is:

As Joey said, the wages of sin is death.

it does not say, the wages of sin is punishment after death.

rocky

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2006, 11:00:34 PM »

One thing I would like to add is:

As Joey said, the wages of sin is death.

it does not say, the wages of sin is punishment after death.

Don't we all die??  And since we all do, don't we all receive our wages? 

Dan

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2006, 12:33:42 PM »

Yes Rocky , that is exactly my point.

Death is our wage for sin. Not torment and or punishment after death :)

Dan

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2006, 11:15:44 PM »

Joey Wrote:

I think there is God given discernment that must be used when executing judgment for different, individual cases.  For example, I still have many weaknesses of the flesh, so I really try not to judge or rebuke others who have those same weaknesses.  However, in certain cases, I think we are probably instructed to point out to a brother any willful sin with a hardened heart.  For example, Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 5:

11But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

Again, I believe this is someone who is repeatedly shown the truth of his sinful actions and yet hardens himself and still tries to associate with honest seeking brethren.  Sometimes it can be tricky to discern, but we can't allow that type of behavior in our midst or else we ourselves may fall pray to disobedience.  We should always be merciful in our judgments, but we must also keep in mind:

Galatians 6
1Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.

This is not an easy task, walking that fine line of showing a brother his faults gently, without falling victim to sinfulness ourselves.  On the other hand, we must not be too overbearing, especially if someone is committing a sin that may be a weakness of our own, lest we make ourselves out to be a hypocrite. 

Joey,

Most people take 1st Corinthians 5 and distinguish(separate) themselves from people in the same way the Pharisees did.
Sorta like: "thank you Lord Im not a sinner like that one or this one".

Jud 1:21  keep yourselves in the love of God, eagerly awaiting the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to everlasting life.
Jud 1:22  And pity some, making a distinction.(seperation)
Jud 1:23  But save others from the fear, snatching them out of the fire, hating even the garment being stained from the flesh.

Remember Paul  called the Corinthians idolators, greedy,immoral yet did not separate himself from them.

If one wishes to be under the law then he must live by the law (and judge under the law)

1Ti 1:5  but the end of the commandment is love out of a pure heart and a good conscience, and faith not pretended,
1Ti 1:6  from which having missed the mark, some turned aside to empty talking,
1Ti 1:7  wishing to be teachers of law, neither understanding what they say, nor about that which they confidently affirm.
1Ti 1:8  And we know that the Law is good, if anyone uses it lawfully,
1Ti 1:9  knowing this, that Law is not laid down for a righteous one, but for lawless and undisciplined ones, for ungodly and sinful ones, for unholy and profane ones, for slayers of fathers and slayers of mothers, for murderers,
1Ti 1:10  for fornicators, for homosexuals, for slave-traders, for liars, for perjurers, and if any other thing opposes sound doctrine,

and yes if you murder once, you are a murderer, and if you lie once you are a liar.

Joey,

can a person who calls himself a believer and lies, disassociate(not eat with) with another person who calls himself a believer and is greedy?

Galatians 6
1Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted.[/b]

lets look at a little more of this:

Gal 6:1  Brothers, if a man is overtaken in some deviation, you, the spiritual ones, restore such a one in the spirit of meekness, considering yourself, that you not also be tempted.
Gal 6:2  Bear one another's burdens, and so you will fulfill the law of Christ. (not the law of commands)
Gal 6:3  For if anyone thinks to be something, he deceives himself, being nothing.

These verses are completely talking about love, and loving another. With the full understanding of being a sinner just as the one being restored.

Lets leave the things of the Law to those who are trying to follow the  Law, as if they are trying to obtain something.

Lets Live under Christ's law of LOVE. ;D
Lets not look to disassociate or not eat with, because of their tresspasses. Lets look to putting our arms around them and keep them from falling, and if they fall, help them up again...and again..

Oh Yes, according to the LAW, David should not have ate the temple bread. But David acted under Christ's Law of Mercy, and did break the Law of Commands,  only to fulfill the Law of Mercy.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 12:57:35 PM by Dan »

rocky

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2006, 11:31:51 PM »

Dan, good post. 

I think we can see through this why Christ hung out with sinners, but seperated himself from law abiding pharisees/hypocrites. 

orion77

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2006, 11:39:43 PM »

Amen to that, thank God, He is not as the hypocrites.  He loves sinners, for this very reason He came. 

To shun sinners, curse them, and place them in some fabled hellhole is the most vilest, unthinkable thing to God.  Praise His Holy Name!

God bless,

Gary

rocky

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2006, 12:16:03 AM »

He gives grace to the humble and opposes the proud.   :)

Dan

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2006, 01:31:45 PM »

Jud 1:23  But save others from the fear, snatching them out of the fire, hating even the garment being stained from the flesh.

this verse is facinating when translated properly.

But Almost every "Babel" (confused language) english language translates this verse "save others with fear"
as if we are supposed to go around preaching FEAR of eternal torment in fire.

But its actually saying

Save others who are in fear!

en fobos  = in fear , instruments of fear,

looking at  'fobos'   in many other verses, denotes people who are afraid.

"hating even the garment being stained from the flesh" is also very interesting.

There is more information in Isaiah:

Isa 66:24  And they shall go out and see the carcasses of the men who have rebelled against Me; for their worm shall not die, nor shall their fire be put out; and they shall be an object of disgust to all flesh.

carcasses=peger
peh'-gher
From H6296; a carcase (as limp), whether of man or beast; figuratively an idolatrous image: - carcase, corpse, dead body.

worm+to-law', to-lay-aw', (3,4) to-lah'-ath
From H3216; a maggot (as voracious); specifically  the crimson grub, but used only (in this connection) of the color from it, and cloths dyed therewith: - crimson, scarlet, worm.

Maybe More accurately:
and they shall go forth and look upon(remember) the image of the (man)beast, that have transgressed against me: truly the blood red dyed clothes(from crimson grub)(sin) ,will not stop being destroyed(put to and end)the Fire will not be quenched, the image shall be an abhorring unto all mankind.

All men will hate the image of man being in sin. And will no longer be any part of it.

Does this open a can of worms?   ;D

Dan

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2006, 12:07:42 PM »

Jud 1:23  But save others from the fear...

BTW, we are to save those who are in fear of what?

What are they afraid of?

Why, its the one thing that almost all are afraid of, DEATH!

Almost everyone is afraid to die. Especially when death is near to them.

And the more in the world they are, the more they dont want to lose the life they have.

But everyone in Matthew 5, when faced with death, welcome it.

Ecc 7:1  A good name is better than good ointment; and the day of death better than the day of one's birth.

orion77

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2006, 05:46:35 PM »

Dan, that is an interesting connection.

The idolatrous images, being taught nowadays, has many caught in a snare.  Thinking and believing that God will burn and torture people for an eternity, is it any wonder so many fear death!  Worldly religion sure is a stumbling block for many.

(Gal 2:20)  I have been crucified with Christ, and I live; yet no longer I, but Christ lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith toward the Son of God, the One loving me and giving Himself over on my behalf.

This above verse separates the carnal christians and the spiritual ones.  When the Comforter, Holy Spirit, Christ is in us, the love of God puts on more meaning than just a word.  It testifies to us, and is seemingly impossible for us to think, believe and speak that God would torture anyone.  Hence, God gives us the desire to search out for His truth, and rewards us accordingly.

I don't mean to get off track of your post, but was flipping through the channels yesterday, and came up across Benny Hinn asking for one thousand dollar donations for a jet plane he wants to buy.  He named the plane "Dove One".  Upon giving a thousand dollars your name will be put up on a plaque in the back of the plane, so you can be close to him throughout the world in his ministry for Christ.  I don't mean to be making fun or anything, but come on, what is wrong with that picture, and do people really fall for this?  lol   ;D

God bless,

Gary

MG

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2006, 08:44:32 PM »

With all this being said what do we do with 1 Corinthians 5?

2 Corinthians seems to be talking about this same brother being restored.

2 Corinthians 2
 1But I determined this with myself, that I would not come again to you in heaviness.

2For if I make you sorry, who is he then that maketh me glad, but the same which is made sorry by me?

3And I wrote this same unto you, lest, when I came, I should have sorrow from them of whom I ought to rejoice; having confidence in you all, that my joy is the joy of you all.

4For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote unto you with many tears; not that ye should be grieved, but that ye might know the love which I have more abundantly unto you.

5But if any have caused grief, he hath not grieved me, but in part: that I may not overcharge you all.

6Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many.

7So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow.

8Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him.

9For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things.

10To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;

11Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

Dan

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2006, 12:04:37 PM »

Nice post MG,

To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ

this verse says volumes.

It really is interesting how Pauls writings are misunderstood or perverted.

Peter tells us this is 2Peter.

2Pe 3:15  And think of the long-suffering of our Lord as salvation, as also our beloved brother Paul wrote to you, according to the wisdom given to him;
2Pe 3:16  as also in all his epistles, speaking in them concerning these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the unlearned and unsettled pervert, as also they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Yea Gary, it is amazing how blind God has made people. Although I thought I had understanding, but was blind too.
Even now I only see through a clouded mirror, dimly    lit.Just beginning to see His way is of Love and Mercy.

Here's another interesting concept. Remember those who are cast out where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth?

Psa 112:10  The wicked shall see and be grieved; he shall gnash his teeth and melt(melt with grief); the desire of the wicked shall perish.

After being blind, the wicked one will see! and when he sees, he will be terribly grieved.(seeing the sinful flesh) THEN the desire of the wicked(sinful desires) shall end.

The person does not perish, the sinful wicked desires perish.

Phi 2:10  that at the name of Jesus "every knee will bow," of heavenly ones, and earthly ones, and ones under the earth, (that covers every created being)
Phi 2:11  and "every tongue should confess" that Jesus Christ is "Lord," to the glory of God the Father. Isa. 45:23

Phi 2:13  for it is God who is working in you both to will and to work for the sake of His good pleasure.

Look at this friends!!!

Isa 45:22  Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.
Isa 45:23  I have sworn by Myself, the Word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that to Me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
Isa 45:24 He shall say, Only in Jehovah do I have righteousness and strength; to Him he comes; and they are ashamed, all who are angry with Him.

Everyone will see!!, everyone will be saved!!!, everyone will understand and say- "only in Jehovah do I have righteousness and strength"

Rom 14:7  For no one of us lives to himself and no one dies to himself.
Rom 14:8  For both if we live, we live by the Lord; and if we die, we die by the Lord. Then both if we live, and if we die, we are the Lord's.
Rom 14:9  For this Christ both died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord over both the dead and the living.
Rom 14:10  But why do you judge your brother? Or why also do you despise your brother? For all shall stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
Rom 14:11  For it has been written, "As I live, says the Lord, that every knee will bow to Me, and every tongue confess to God." Isa. 45:23

« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 12:08:54 PM by Dan »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.