bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Anyone Else See This?  (Read 20341 times)

Dan

Re: Does Anyone Else See This?
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2006, 12:25:23 PM »

And

Mat 13:41  The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all the offenses, and those who practice lawlessness.
Mat 13:42  And they will throw them into the furnace of fire; there will be weeping and gnashing of the teeth.
Mat 13:43  Then the righteous will shine out like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. The one having ears to hear, let him hear.

the furnace of fire is a refiners furnace. Arefiner does not destroy the precious metal but takes out the impurities(sin) and purifies the precious metal.

Mal 3:2  But who can endure the day of His coming? And who will stand when He appears?(every knee shall bow) For He is like a refiner's fire and like fuller's soap. (cleansing)
Mal 3:3  And He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver; and He shall purify the sons of Levi and purge them like gold and like silver, that they may be presenters of a grain offering in righteousness to Jehovah.
Mal 3:4  Then the grain offering of Judah and Jerusalem shall be pleasing to Jehovah

Mal 3:18  Then you shall again see the difference between the righteous and the wicked, between him who serves God and him who does not serve Him.

We are told if we show Love and kindness to our enemy it will be like heaping burning coals upon his head,  when God does the same, it is called the lake of fire and brimstone.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 12:29:30 PM by Dan »

orion77

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2006, 12:53:30 AM »

I hear you, Dan. 

(1Jo 4:16)  And we have known and have believed the love which God has in us. God is love, and the one abiding in love abides in God, and God in him.

(1Jo 4:17)  By this, love has been perfected with us, that we have confidence in the day of judgment, that as He is, we are also in this world.

(1Jo 4:18)  There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear, because fear has punishment; and the one fearing has not been perfected in love.

(1Jo 4:19)  We love Him because He first loved us.

As He is, we are also in this world.  His kingdom is not of this world, so we are hated by all men for His names sake.  Crucified to the flesh, with His Spirit in us, alive to His light, no longer asleep.  And that Light is His love, which we learn of through suffering, because of our stubborness, that God truly is Love.

God bless,

Gary

Dan

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2006, 01:03:34 PM »

Well said Gary.

"And that Light is His love, which we learn of through suffering, because of our stubborness"

reminds me of this

Heb 12:4  In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.
Heb 12:5  You have forgotten the encouragement that is addressed to you as sons: "My son, do not think lightly of the Lord's discipline or give up when you are corrected by him.
Heb 12:6  For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he punishes every son he accepts."
Heb 12:7  What you endure is for the sake of discipline. God is treating you as sons. Is there a son whom his father does not discipline?
Heb 12:8  Now if you are without any discipline, in which all sons share, then you are illegitimate  and not his sons.

Many think the sons of God are sinless. But Sin if the very thing we are diciplined for.

So can we go on sinning so as to be diciplined to prove we are sons of God?(shall we go on sinning so as to increase grace)
Of course not, we are still called not to sin.

The only way a sinner can be Christ like,  is to LOVE and show Mercy!!

1Pe 4:8  Above all, continue to love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins.

Mat 5:7  "How blessed are those who are merciful, for it is they who will receive mercy!

1Jo 2:9  The person who says that he is in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness.

As horrible as sin is, if it did not have a good purpose, God would have not created it in the first place.

Isa 45:7  forming light, and creating darkness; making peace, and creating evil. I, Jehovah, do all these things.

Paul was able to live at peace with his flesh, he understood the purpose of the flesh, and that it was to be only for a short time.
He also realized it was the flesh working sin and not him.

Rom 7:14  For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am fleshly, having been sold under sin.
Rom 7:15  For what I work out, I do not know. For what I do not will, this I do. But what I hate, this I do. (not did but do)
Rom 7:16  But if I do what I do not will, I agree with the Law, that it is good.
Rom 7:17  But now I no longer work it out, but the sin dwelling in me.
Rom 7:18  For I know that in me, that is in my flesh, dwells no good. For to will is present to me, but to work out the good I do not find.
Rom 7:19  For what good I desire, I do not do. But the evil I do not desire, this I do.
Rom 7:20  But if I do what I do not desire, it is no longer I working it out, but the sin dwelling in me.
Rom 7:21  I find then the law, when I desire to do the right, that evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22  For I delight in the Law of God according to the inward man;
Rom 7:23  but I see another law in my members having warred against the law of my mind, and taking me captive by the law of sin being in my members.
Rom 7:24  O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then I myself with the mind truly serve the Law of God, and with the flesh the law of sin.

Dan

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2006, 01:18:48 PM »

1Jo 1:7  But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of His Son Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin.
1Jo 1:8  If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jo 1:9  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous that He may forgive us the sins, and may cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jo 1:10  If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His Word is not in us.

OF Course Paul goes on to say, since we know this, we DO NOT go on sinning. We are to, daily, put the sinning flesh on a symbolic cross. And be dead to sin so as our mind may be winning the battle over our flesh.

Dan

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2006, 01:19:42 PM »

Amen Bobby
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 17 queries.