bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Interview  (Read 9550 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Interview
« on: January 24, 2013, 06:28:18 PM »

Hey all,

I have an interview this Friday, January the 25th with a board for the linkage program with Western University Medical School.

The comittee reviewed my transcripts, grades, MCAT score and letters of recommendation and informed me that I was a good canditate for the school and that they would like to interview me for this program.

If the interview goes well, I'm gaurenteed enrollment at the school for 2014 so long as I finish on track and upholding my grades.

I'm slightly intimidated since it is a committee board consisting of 8 professionals. I think that's the point of an interview like this, is to intimidate the interviewee. I'm a little nervous too!

I've come this far and I'm so close. I trust in the Lord as in all things but it would be great if any of you who have the extra room in your minds to uphold me in prayer for tomorrow morning. The interview is at 8AM. I would greatly appreciate your consideration and prayers of my first world problems.

A verse I try and hold fast to during times like these is this one;

Matthew 10:19 "But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak."

It gives me hope that I won't screw things up!

Thank you.

Kindly,

Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Interview
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 06:47:24 PM »

I hope and pray it works out for you Alex.

Blessings

Rhys
🤫

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 09:55:52 PM »

Thank you john, what excellent advice! I'll be sure to take it all in with me to the interview!

Ryhs, thank you for the prayers. Appreciate it!!!

God bless,

Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

acomplishedartis

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 03:28:14 PM »

Hi Alex

I just saw your post.

Hope everything went well...

your friend

Moises

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 05:41:51 PM »

Hi Alex

I just saw your post.

Hope everything went well...

your friend

Moises

Thank you Moises! It's in God's hands as it always has been.

I don't know what the outcome of it is but ill find out in a little whiles time.

Thank you everyone who prayed for me.

God bless,

Alex

cjwood

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 08:13:41 PM »

Hi alex.  I just now saw your thread.  Jfk did give some excellent advice.  For all of us.  I know that Father God has a plan for you.  And He loves you so much.  Can't beat that.  If God is for you who can be against you and win.  No one.  He has your back.

Take good care and keep us posted.

Dr. Alex.  Dr. Lilitalianboi.

claudia
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 03:18:34 PM by cjwood »

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 02:00:15 AM »

Hope and pray the outcome is a good one for you Dr. Alex

I too like John's advice. I'm going to use it when I'm swimming with sharks ;)

Rhys
🤫

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 11:16:34 PM »

Thank you everyone! You are all too kind! :)

gregorydc

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 07:44:23 AM »

Prayers from here too Alex! May God grant you many blessings brother!
Greg

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 10:04:00 AM »

Let us know Alex.

Gina

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 03:08:56 PM »

Alex,  God gave you a good set of brains and a strong personality.  I guess after all I've read of you here, I can't imagine you being anything other than a doctor.

God Bless.  Let us know. 

Gina :)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 10:45:30 PM »

Thank you all again for the support and prayers. As promised an update;

Dear Alex,

Thank you for your interest and application to the Western University-CSUF Linkage program.  Although the committee felt that you will ultimately be a good candidate for a DO school, they had concerns as to your suitability at this time for a linkage place and ultimately did not recommend you.  Please feel free to schedule an appointment with me when we can discuss this at greater length.

I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Yours,

Christina Goode
Professor of Biochemistry, CSU Fullerton
Director of Health Professions Program http://fullerton.edu/health_professions/
Director of LSAMP http://lsamp.fullerton.edu/

So what am I doing now? Well continuing my education obviously. I still have this semester and the fall semester before I am able to acquire my Bachelors of Biological Sciences.

This hasn't deterred me to continue my struggle for admission into medical school.

I suspect my adviser will probably tell me to re-apply for the school's program next semester or apply to the school itself next semester or even at the end of this semester.

Regardless of what she advises though, I'm not giving up. The only way to go is forward and that's about the only thing I know how to do anyway. If Western University Medical school decides not to accept me then I will probably end up re-take my MCAT for a stronger score and apply for a masters program to continue my education and make me more competitive for medical schools all around.

I have no clue where God is taking this but I do know that we, as God's called, who have been blessed with His wisdom know that it is "through much tribulation we enter the kingdom of heaven" so I didn't think this would be easy and I don't think God plan's on making this easy. It's why I didn't get my hopes up too high! Besides, it's experiences like these, failures and rejection, which aid in building my and all our character as people so I say bring on the fire so long as it's serving a good purpose which we know with God, always does.

But make no mistakes.. there is always doubts and fears of what if I don't make it? I'm human after all too.. i'm just trying to do what I think is best in light of the wisdom God has shared with me. I can't say I wasn't a little bummed upon receiving this email.. it would have made things so much easier and nicer if I had gotten accepted into the linkage program.

I'm a little embarrassed, I've done nothing but share my rejection and failures with you all time after time. Maybe one day, I'll be able to share some truly joyous news with everyone here.

Blessings to all.

In Christ,

Alex

Gina

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 11:01:48 PM »

Proverbs 19:21 Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.

(This saying is true -- If we want to make God laugh, we tell Him our plans.  Rather we should say, If it is the Lord's will, on the morrow, we shall do this or that...)

God Bless, Alex. :)

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 11:39:07 PM »

Sorry to hear that Alex. Know that the Lord is with you and will do a great work in your life.

Psa 34:17  When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.
Psa 34:18  The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
Psa 34:19  Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all.

1Co 2:14  The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

Alex speaking for myself I see no problem whatsoever you sharing rejection and failures time after time with people here. The folks here care for you and I know I do. Constant rejection and failures is all part of this life and we all continue to go through it. I got rejected in so many jobs I started my own business. Ha ha I can't fire myself. Keep your head up and keep marching on, God isn't finished with you yet.

God bless

Rhys
🤫

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 11:39:25 PM »

Proverbs 19:21 Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.

(This saying is true -- If we want to make God laugh, we tell Him our plans.  Rather we should say, If it is the Lord's will, on the morrow, we shall do this or that...)

Thank you Gina. The word of God, always piercing and ever on point!

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2013, 11:43:26 PM »

Sorry to hear that Alex. Know that the Lord is with you and will do a great work in your life.

Psa 34:17  When the righteous cry for help, the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.
Psa 34:18  The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
Psa 34:19  Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all.

1Co 2:14  The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

Alex speaking for myself I see no problem whatsoever you sharing rejection and failures time after time with people here. The folks here care for you and I know I do. Constant rejection and failures is all part of this life and we all continue to go through it. I got rejected in so many jobs I started my own business. Ha ha I can't fire myself. Keep your head up and keep marching on, God isn't finished with you yet.

God bless

Rhys

Thank you for the scripture Rhys. It's always nice to hear the Words of our Father. Your encouragement was spot on! Head up and moving forward!

Love,

Alex

cjwood

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 12:24:21 AM »

Dear Alex,

...  Although the committee felt that you will ultimately be a good candidate for a DO school, they had concerns as to your suitability at this time for a linkage place and ultimately did not recommend you

no worries there alex.  at all. you have already been recommended by a much Higher Committee.   8) God your Father, and His Son, your very own Saviour.  so, yeah, no worries there.

also, i was reading through your replies to the committee's decision and noticed a distinct growth spurt in your spiritual understanding.  it is apparent that God the Father is gracing your heart with courage and faith.  continue little brother to focus on Jesus as your True Committee Chairman.

His timing is always Perfect.

claudia

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 12:45:16 AM »

Dear Alex,

...  Although the committee felt that you will ultimately be a good candidate for a DO school, they had concerns as to your suitability at this time for a linkage place and ultimately did not recommend you

no worries there alex.  at all. you have already been recommended by a much Higher Committee.   8) God your Father, and His Son, your very own Saviour.  so, yeah, no worries there.

also, i was reading through your replies to the committee's decision and noticed a distinct growth spurt in your spiritual understanding.  it is apparent that God the Father is gracing your heart with courage and faith.  continue little brother to focus on Jesus as your True Committee Chairman.

His timing is always Perfect.

claudia

Wow claudia! Thank you so much! What perfect words of encouragement! Thank you for putting it in such a positive light, I seemed to have overlooked that important fact completely!

Gina

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 01:22:42 PM »

Yeah, it is.  See, I think you need to set your sights higher.  I picture you as a doctor, but not one in an office.  I see you more as a doctor who teaches.  I picture you on staff somewhere like Stanford University, in their stem cell department or something similar, since you're really into biology. 

I love biology, maybe that's why, but that's the picture I get of you in my mind.  I just think you're kind of limiting yourself (and God) a little, that's all.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2013, 11:51:31 PM »

Yeah, it is.  See, I think you need to set your sights higher.  I picture you as a doctor, but not one in an office.  I see you more as a doctor who teaches.  I picture you on staff somewhere like Stanford University, in their stem cell department or something similar, since you're really into biology. 

I love biology, maybe that's why, but that's the picture I get of you in my mind.  I just think you're kind of limiting yourself (and God) a little, that's all.

Thank you Gina for your thoughts! Teaching is definitely something i DON'T want to do and have thought about. I also don't like research and while I do enjoy biology, i enjoy theoretical things such as the ideas and understanding behind them. KNOWING you could say but I don't care much for the details behind HOW we came about the knowledge that we have though I am made to know them as part of the curriculum. Anyway, I do the research because I HAVE TO for medical school. If i didn't have to, I wouldn't do it. :P

God bless,

Alex
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.