bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I The Lord create evil  (Read 5668 times)

Ian 155

I The Lord create evil
« on: January 25, 2013, 03:33:51 PM »

"I The Lord create evil" nevertheless it seems his plans for us, are good...

Jer 29:11  For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Be encouraged this day, in the name of Jesus

gregorydc

Re: I The Lord create evil
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 01:59:40 AM »

Amen brother!

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 04:10:55 AM »

Hi Ian

Here is a passage from Ray that I quite like:

http://bible-truths.com/lake2.html

If people could only see that God is not a carnal-minded human as themselves. He is GOD -- The Great Creator, Sustainer, and Saviour of all -- GOD! God has a plan, a procedure, and a purpose for this creation. Precious few have even a basic understanding of what it is. Nothing in creation is out of control from God’s perspective. Nothing ever surprises God or catches Him off guard. God does not view the activity of His creation from His celestial vantage point unaware of what people will do next. God knows all in advance. God doesn’t just know what "will" happen in the future, He causes all that will happen in the future. God IS the future. God is the Alpha and the Omega -- He IS the beginning; He IS the end, and nothing can be different from what God says MUST BE.

We have got to get away from the "God allows certain things" mentality and syndrome. God CREATES, God DESTROYS, God HEALS, God KILLS, God CAUSES, God BRINGS ABOUT, God SAVES. God does not "allow" things that He has not foreordained to be! This popular doctrine among the religions of the world is utter unscriptural foolishness. The teaching suggests that man does things that God had no previous knowledge of, does not approve of, wishes would have never happened, but nonetheless, He "allows" them. Certainly He "allows" them in as much as He does not "disallow" them, but this still begs the question as to their true origin. God is the Creator, not Satan.

"For OF Him, and THROUGH Him, and TO Him, are all things: to Whom be glory for ever.  Amen" (KJV Rom. 11:36).

"Seeing that OUT of Him and THROUGH Him and FOR Him is all..." (Concordant Version).

Does this also include EVIL?

"That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside Me, I am the LORD, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, AND CREATE EVIL: I the LORD do ALL THESE THINGS" (Isaiah 45:6-7).

There are many many things in life that are very hard to accept and deal with in our weakened spiritual state. I cannot, after all this time, get the images of the Twin Towers collapsing on thousands of people, out of my mind. Or maybe even worse, the men, women and children in the four planes that knew they were destined to a violent disintegration in fire! I get teary-eyed every time I think of it. It is extremely traumatic to contemplate. And now another shuttle disaster! One at the hands of evil terrorists; the other an accident, fate, providence? But what is gained by trying to take all of these things out of the realm of God’s responsibility? God and God only has the "ability-to-respond." Man is not running God’s creation, God is. How can anyone doubt it?

We all have our own personal financial, health, social, mental, and spiritual trials in addition to thousands of other problems in our home, community, state, nation and world which can easily overwhelm us if we are not well grounded. Do we think all these things just invented themselves and brought themselves into existence? I tell you No; these are all the design of an all-wise God.

People freely admit that God knows every sparrow that falls, the individual names of one hundred billion billion stars, and the number of hairs on five and one half billion people’s head at any given second of the day, but that He is, nonetheless, just not concerned with the smaller details of your life.

God is running it all and is in charge and concerned about every detail in our lives.

I quite like this truth for me it is very comforting to know His hand is far bigger than my little hand and that He is in charge. Trying to take charge in my own strength only ends up in a mess. I like the fact that I can rest in Him even though there seems much to be restless about.

He is in charge and has a future and a hope for all of us. Even at times if all seems hopeless, it isn't.

Rhys
🤫

cjwood

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 03:30:39 PM »

rhys, thanks bunches for pulling that part of ray's writings out.  i have been dealing with family members recently telling me that God allows certain things.  this section from ray was what i was remembering but not able to find.  what a great reminder to stay grounded in the Scriptures and Christ Jesus.  then we can utilize the lamp of God's guiding Light.  one step at a time.

claudia

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 06:12:25 PM »

Thanks Claudia. I was also thinking about Ray's comment:

There are many many things in life that are very hard to accept and deal with in our weakened spiritual state. I cannot, after all this time, get the images of the Twin Towers collapsing on thousands of people, out of my mind. Or maybe even worse, the men, women and children in the four planes that knew they were destined to a violent disintegration in fire! I get teary-eyed every time I think of it. It is extremely traumatic to contemplate.

I saw the other day on TV a classical music program which mentioned the Nazi regime and showed footage of the Holocaust. One video showed them mass burying the Jews and they used a bulldozer to push the dead into a ditch like they were just a pile of rubbish. I can't get that image out of my head and find it hard to comprehend such evil like that. Imagine if that was your loved family members - how do you deal with that. I'm not sure how I would deal with it, it seems to terrifying to imagine. What makes it even worst the Nazi's would be smiling and laughing while this was going on. Just seems so evil to me and I get teary-eyed as well just thinking about it.

Rhys
🤫

darren

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 04:49:34 AM »

yes, I often wonder about that terrible, most horrible situation called the holocaust. I just can not imagine the pain,agony and dispair. Knowing there is nothing you can or do to save your loved ones. yes talking about evil. talking about faith. trying to wrap your head around Gods plane at that moment in time.

just a thought,
Darren

theophilus

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 07:08:56 AM »

Thanks Claudia. I was also thinking about Ray's comment:

There are many many things in life that are very hard to accept and deal with in our weakened spiritual state. I cannot, after all this time, get the images of the Twin Towers collapsing on thousands of people, out of my mind. Or maybe even worse, the men, women and children in the four planes that knew they were destined to a violent disintegration in fire! I get teary-eyed every time I think of it. It is extremely traumatic to contemplate.

I saw the other day on TV a classical music program which mentioned the Nazi regime and showed footage of the Holocaust. One video showed them mass burying the Jews and they used a bulldozer to push the dead into a ditch like they were just a pile of rubbish. I can't get that image out of my head and find it hard to comprehend such evil like that. Imagine if that was your loved family members - how do you deal with that. I'm not sure how I would deal with it, it seems to terrifying to imagine. What makes it even worst the Nazi's would be smiling and laughing while this was going on. Just seems so evil to me and I get teary-eyed as well just thinking about it.

Rhys

Hello brothers and sisters! :)  Rhys, to quote you "I'm not sure how I would deal with it", I think by now we know HOW we would deal with a similar situation: with unshakable faith. We might be advised to follow in the footsteps of three men of faith from the Old Testament: Meshach, Shadrach, and Abednego.

Daniel 3:8-18

8 Some Babylonians used this as a chance to accuse the Jews to King Nebuchadnezzar. 9 They said, “Your Majesty, we hope you live forever! 10 You commanded everyone to bow down and worship the gold statue when the music played. 11 And you said that anyone who did not bow down and worship it would be thrown into a flaming furnace. 12 Sir, you appointed three men to high positions in Babylon Province, but they have disobeyed you. Those Jews, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, refuse to worship your gods and the statue you have set up.”

13 King Nebuchadnezzar was furious. So he sent for the three young men and said, 14 “I hear that you refuse to worship my gods and the gold statue I have set up. 15 Now I am going to give you one more chance. If you bow down and worship the statue when you hear the music, everything will be all right. But if you don’t, you will at once be thrown into a flaming furnace. No god can save you from me.”

16 The three men replied, “Your Majesty, we don’t need to defend ourselves. 17 The God we worship can save us from you and your flaming furnace. 18 BUT EVEN IF HE DOESN’T, WE STILL WON’T WORSHIP YOUR GODS AND THE GOLD STATUE YOU HAVE SET UP.”

We might not control the circumstances of how we will die, but we can or should, with the enabling of God, have the godly attitude necessary to face death and be steadfast in our faith in Him. Of course it's easier said than done.

May God grant us the strength and faith we need to have as sons and daughters that we are of Him to face all that is coming to each one of us.

Roger.

Ian 155

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 04:36:06 AM »

Isn't it strange when our towers come down,we are kinda in a space where one is talking,oh this is of God , all things are by him and for Him, but... when it happens, for whatever tower The Lord is bringing down, there is a desperado tendency and we can get caught up in that rather than look at his promises,Yes we are being judged and yes it is right and yes it purifies but even then God is Merciful,Gracious and loving, I keep asking God to break this cycle I am going thru almost 3 yrs now and I was in a place where yes I deserve this and yes its for my good and we will come out stronger - then revert too "I must have been a monster etc" - I would speak with the kids or overhear them and they are not understanding the loving God.

So sometimes I feel like Moses "Lord they want to stone Me" and what about David when Ziklag was burned and the women an children were taken I am not sure that these event comfort us but I know the outcome as I can read,thank God, and it was a good outcome

But David encouraged himself in Jehovah his God 1 Sam 30 v6.

I suspect Spiritual Stoning is a must,the enemy set against us to stone us is actually moving us forward to the goal and doesn't even know it.

thinking aloud again

christalfan

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 04:45:01 AM »

"I The Lord create evil" nevertheless it seems his plans for us, are good...

Jer 29:11  For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Be encouraged this day, in the name of Jesus

Just the words I needed to hear bro! Be blessed! ;D

Regards,
Christalfan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.