bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fellowship?  (Read 3392 times)

Reg

fellowship?
« on: January 28, 2013, 09:16:05 AM »

Hello just rejoined the forum as I have been a fellow learner of bible truths for a few years now.

I'm just wondering about the whole fellowship thing as I have been urged recently to be more social (by people around me)..to go to church and whatnot.  I have been in a low phase..not so terribl-my life is not unbearable but the sad thing is I was allowed to slip from the heights of joy and understanding God gave me.  I have no doubt it will end and this is a period of growth.  It may sound strange but I really don't get the whole fellowship with other people thing at all.  I love being able to come to this forum and read as it is very helpful and uplifting.  Is that enough? Am I missing some aspect of fellowship and that is part of why I go through these dips?  Just wondering.  Right now the only thing I feel sure about is that I need to read through the new testament again (but with my new concordant literal translation). I feel a bit hard in my heart and stubborn about opening up to God and I know as I read it will fix that problem.  I'm just annoyed I even feel this way and don't want to.

I thought posting might help as I like to go it alone but maybe I should change habits.

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: fellowship?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 05:00:45 PM »

Hi Reg

Welcome back to the forum. I have been a member now for a few months and have read Ray's materials for a couple of years before joining. You know Reg I have been tempted to go back to Church but I know in my Spirit it would not be good for me to go back to Babylon just for the sake of some fellowship. What fellowship would that be too, it would be nothing compared to what I have received here. I have met some wonderful people here that have helped me a lot and I've grown a lot since. It's hard I know Reg as I feel isolated as we are a scattered bunch of people on here. I feel like I die everyday and just want that feeling to go away.

God has as here for a reason Reg. I like talking to people on here so post quite often but others don't post as much but do what you feel comfortable with. My life feels like a rollercoaster and it's tough going through the dips. Honestly Reg at times extremely tough. We all go through this and it's part of God's process of dealing with us. I'm glad He is dealing with you and me as I couldn't think of a better place to be.

It's good for us the fellowship with one another and we are all different so just be yourself. Keep on reading the word and Ray's material. Keep seeking God - He has a great plan for you. Even though it's dark at times the Lord is still there. Reg I have a whole bunch of crazy emotions that go on in me and I feel annoyed to feel the way I do. It makes life hard but it also makes it worthwhile.

Reg I didn't join for a while because just coming on here and reading Ray's material and other people's comments was enough for me at that time and I knew it wasn't yet time for me to join. But as I said I joined a few months ago and I enjoy posting on here now in the various categories. Sometimes I'm more serious but a lot of the times I just have a bit of fun so I act in a bit of a silly one sometimes, guess because I'm kind of a silly person. But I love the Lord and try to encourage and help others even if I do fail at times.

Finally there Reg I've done the going it alone for most of my life and in a way I still do but I do need others in my life who have come to an understanding of God's truth and I am glad I have met people on here that have blessed me and have taking a interest in me. I would like to thank all of those that have done that for me and say that you are very much loved by me and I am very blessed to know you all and most of all I feel so thankful to God for leading me here even if at times it's so really hard and I feel so lost at times so God bless you my friends.  :'(

A few verses here for you Reg that I hope and pray will be of encouragement to you.

2Pe 3:17  You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability.

1Jn 1:3  that which we have seen and heard we declare unto you, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.

Joh 17:21  that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, that they also may be one in Us, so that the world may believe that You have sent Me.

God bless you my friend and don't feel to discouraged OK?

Rhys
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 05:49:18 PM by Rhys NZ »
🤫

Kat

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 06:34:33 PM »

Hi Reg,

Welcome back to the forum  :)
Well do you want to go back to church? I mean didn't you leave there because you didn't agree with what they teach... that's a good reason. So if you don't believe what they teach why would you want to join yourself back to them and subject yourself to that? If it is just for the fellowship, well is that the only place you can find fellowship? Don't you have family and friends or even work/school associates you see daily? Very few people have no other contacts and need to go to church just to be around other people I would think. Even if you are in a place where you do not have family around you right now, to join back in with a group of folks that teach and instruct things that you now stand opposed to would be a kind of contradiction on your part, don't you think?

Don't let people talk you into something that you have already determined against. Listen to the Spirit and let it be your guide and do what you feel lead to do. The most important thing is to draw closer to God, will going back to church help you or hinder you with that? Study, prayer and meditation on spiritual matters is key things to nourish our spiritual growth.

Just wanted to give you a few things to think about. This forum can serve a very good place to be in contact with people of like mind, we can even develop friendship here that go beyond the forum too. God provides our needs, depend on that, maybe not on religion so much.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Reg

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 12:01:38 AM »

Reply and update:

Thanks so much you guys! Those verses were great encouragement and it is so reassuring to not be the only one understaning that going back to the religious system for the sake of "fellowship" would do me no good and could actually be harmful.

Before I got online and read the replies, I actually had a few things start to click together and I feel so much better (thanks to God and prayers).  It happened all at once and led me to talk with my husband. 

Long story short I started to understand the carnal vs spirit battle within myself causing my hard heart yet also my spirit crying out for more God.  It may not be easy to physically be with like-minded believers for fellowship but I am so blessed to have a a husband I am equally yolked with.  We decided that we would make an effort to talk and study together and help each other stop being fuddy duddies about God.

Eventually, if there are other bible truth members in our area we want to make the effort to meet with them.  We live in northern Arizona but are willing to drive down to Phoenix to meet others.

So again thanks so much everybody. 

Reg

thewatchman

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 03:58:07 AM »

where do you live Reg? Perhaps someone lives near you. Maybe reach out to others. Put an ad in a paper for a home fellowship.

Gina

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 05:32:23 PM »

There was a Patric or Patrick in Arizona, who belonged to this forum for awhile, maybe he still does?

I like the forum.  I skype on occasion with others.  God definitely provides all our needs (and some of our "wants.")

God bless.  May God lift your spirits and your eyes to see all that He has for those who love Him.

Patric

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 10:12:28 AM »

This Patric is from Cincinnati....and I too asked this question as soon as I realized I was free.....LOL funny how our mind seeks bondage again all over kinda like the Jews wanting to go back to Egypt longing to be slaves again because they thought of that as the good ole days!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.